Post-Game Talk: Belzile beasting! Fleury flooring opponents! Habs win 4-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
If you put all habs contrarians in a room, and they're being contrarian about the same things, does that become group-think, or does it stay contrarian thinking ?
The likelihood of a room-full of contrarians agreeing on anything is extremely remote, and therefore a poor fit for being labeled group-think. Each of them thinks for him or herself, by definition. Strikes me as obvious.

Reactions: HankyZetts

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
He did make a sick pass to Hudon that he should have scored on but I agree he needs to get a little more intense. I hope Poehling rubs off on him a bit.

To be fair,no one showed anything. Cousins looked the best,seems like an adequate replacement for Shaw. Hope KK was doing like the vets and just coasting,if not,.that spells big trouble. If we were comparing KK and NS so fa far to make it,not even close.

Nick Slafkofield

Nov 5, 2018
Chiarot was facing Barkov-Huberdeau-Dadonov all night long while Leskinen was playing Hunt-Roy-Thompson, wanna guess who got the easiest matchup?
now now guys i know its preseason and the matchups weren’t the same but we can all agree in the three games we’ve seen (the scrimmage game + preseason) leskinen looked very good, particularly skating and IQ. Now that doesn’t mean Chiarot was awful, he was okay wich is pretty much what we’re expecting out of him

11Goat11

Inside her
Feb 18, 2006
To be fair,no one showed anything. Cousins looked the best,seems like an adequate replacement for Shaw. Hope KK was doing like the vets and just coasting,if not,.that spells big trouble. If we were comparing KK and NS so fa far to make it,not even close.
I somewhat agree, but again pre season is so weird where some players just look like world beaters then can't do shite in the regular season. I've seen enough of KK to over the last year to not be worried about him. He is going to be at minimum a great second liner but most likely a really reliable two way 1st liner.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
At this point, I trade Drouin and a 2021 first rounder for Laine. Atleast Laine as one dimensional as he is he scores goals... Drouin right now is just a basket case.

Hell I would trade Drouin for whatever.

Reactions: Habs178

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
At this point, I trade Drouin and a 2021 first rounder for Laine. Atleast Laine as one dimensional as he is he scores goals... Drouin right now is just a basket case.

Hell I would trade Drouin for whatever.

I can certainly empathize with those sentiments,however as much as laine can snipe,not sure he would be a good fit in the way Habs structure things. Drouin must be on a short leash and early on in the regular season will show if the Habs are a keeper or a seller of him.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Wasn't able to watch the game but by the comments here I take it that Droo-ehn had another outstanding game. Bergevin will never admit that he screwed up with the pretty local boy... Bon pt't gars d'chez nous is going to be here for a long time dazzling the fans with his potential. Buckle up.

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
Long-time poster/lurker back from the dead of summer…

I’d like to thank everyone for the great posts and hockey insights. I read almost the whole thread. Very informative and humourous reading.

Sad to read about the uninspiring play of JD… But like others have written, I can’t say that I am surprised.

Perhaps it is only a case of a young vet warming up to the new season… Hopefully that’s all it is, or he has got to go ASAP.

Glad the rookies are showing promise. Over and out.

Last edited:

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
I can certainly empathize with those sentiments,however as much as laine can snipe,not sure he would be a good fit in the way Habs structure things. Drouin must be on a short leash and early on in the regular season will show if the Habs are a keeper or a seller of him.
I get what your saying, however I feel like the more he "plays" the more his value drops. If it isn't already at zero with other managers.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Yes i would trade drouin+ juuls + 2nd for laine
I wonder if Peg trade is possible... but I also think they are waiting to see what happens with Big Buff's situation. Perhaps they'll need Ben Chiarot back. Then Habs can trade Drouin, Chiarot and a 5th for Laine.

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Chiarot what an awful acquisition.
Drouin’s value dropping significantly. Pretty soon he will be worth nothing at all.

They all seemed fine in comparison to most of the players on both sides,zero effort from any stalwarts.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Drouin lost his man on the 3rd Panthers goal and he was floating all night, AKA the worst player from the HABS tonight.

Did you see how many goals against he was on the ice last year 5on5? pretty much the best on Winnipeg squad. He was just alright tonight but so was Tatar, should we trade him now?

He handles the puck like a lobotomized Hal Gill.

Reactions: Habs178

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I got a question for you guys. Does anyone know what video Drouin and Ducharme looked at during the summer? Was it Debbie Does Dallas? Because it couldn't have been hockey videos.

Actually, they watched the veggie version.

6W03UdP.jpg

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I get what your saying, however I feel like the more he "plays" the more his value drops. If it isn't already at zero with other managers.

It is pre-season after all. The regulars have not showed anything from either side. So much skill and potential,so give it a good dozen games in the regular season to assess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad