Post-Game Talk: Belzile beasting! Fleury flooring opponents! Habs win 4-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
My god the comments :facepalm:. 1st preseason game for some vets and people already losing their minds like they never watched hockey before. Vets are slowly getting ready for the start of season 3 weeks from now, they are not trying to win a spot in the lineup.
It’s the same thing every year, it’s carbon copy year in year out, some have the memory span of a mosquito.

Remember last year when the board was up in arms because of KK’s slow start, and how his skating was brutal and how we should’ve picked the Czech instead........oh ya, I remember very very well.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
It’s the same thing every year, it’s carbon copy year in year out, some have the memory span of a mosquito.

Remember last year when the board was up in arms because of KK’s slow start, and how his skating was brutal and how we should’ve picked the Czech instead........oh ya, I remember very very well.
There are exaggerations on both sides. Some people going crazy over prospects, good or bad.
Remember, this is a place where Price was booed in the first period of the first preseason game after allowing a goal..

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

Like, come on guys. I am loathe to miss an opportunity to take a dump on Jonathan Drouin, but this is preseason. Chill out.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Everyone who says they “can’t believe how awful Drouin played,” and how he has no pride, etc....

Where have you been for the last two seasons?

The guy has been mailing it in since he got here and Bargain Bin anointed him as his superstar. No effort, no problem. Therrien had Desharnais as his pet, Bargain Bin has Drouin.

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
Wasn't able to watch the game but by the comments here I take it that Droo-ehn had another outstanding game. Bergevin will never admit that he screwed up with the pretty local boy... Bon pt't gars d'chez nous is going to be here for a long time dazzling the fans with his potential. Buckle up.

No, he will rapidly be booed out of town.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Everyone who says they “can’t believe how awful Drouin played,” and how he has no pride, etc....

Where have you been for the last two seasons?

The guy has been mailing it in since he got here and Bargain Bin anointed him as his superstar. No effort, no problem. Therrien had Desharnais as his pet, Bargain Bin has Drouin.
Nailed it...

It's going to take alot of good games from JD to change our view of him. We all know why he was traded for...another brutal mistake by the clown.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
What in his play makes you sure he needs time in the A?
It's just a big jump - I also understand he's also never really played on North American ice.

This is preseason, not even close to the level of play that he's going to face in the regular season.

Reactions: 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
It's just a big jump - I also understand he's also never really played on North American ice.

This is preseason, not even close to the level of play that he's going to face in the regular season.

Yes, I look forward to the last coup li e preseason games when the lineups as 95% nhl players...

Reactions: 417

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Brook hasn't shown me anything NHL worthy yet.

Yes, by preseson performnce, so far, I have it:

Mete weber
Kulak petry
Leskinen fleury
Chiarot, Folin

But it's very erly. Still time for Brook to get comfortable.

Reactions: Milhouse40

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Howabout the eye test at play considering he played the exact same way in winnipeg last year carried by his partners every game
I can't speak for how he played in Winnipeg last year nor do I really care about how a player who has his spot locked up and is playing his 2nd ever game on his new team, with a new coaching staff, during a preseason game, performs.

I'll put my "scouting hat" on Chiarot when he's played a dozen games.

Reactions: Archijerej

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Drouin was our worst foward tonight and there is no overreaction here, he got outplayed big time by some AHLers, cant believe how bad he is turning to... :thumbd:

Well, to be honest, he isn't the only one..

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I'll say it again. If we want to be relevant next season, We'll have to ice something similar to;

Domi - Kotkaniemi - Lehkonen
Drouin - Danault - Gallagher
Tatar - Poehling - Armia

It would completely change the outlook of the team.

You just can't give the minutes you typically give to Danault and Gallagher (tough minutes) to Drouin.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
I can't speak for how he played in Winnipeg last year nor do I really care about how a player who has his spot locked up and is playing his 2nd ever game on his new team, with a new coaching staff, during a preseason game, performs.

I'll put my "scouting hat" on Chiarot when he's played a dozen games.
Thats fair just dont expect him to look any better

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
At this point just stick Drouin with Danault so he can cover for his numerous mistakes and turnovers. Just hope Drouin doesn't hurt you too much and can pot 45-50 pts from the 3rd line. Put Byron on there so he can also cover with his speed and score a couple of goals off Drouin's failed dekes.

Lehkonen-Domi-Gallagher
Tatar-Kotkaniemi-Armia
Drouin-Danault-Byron
Cousins-Poehling-Weal
Thompson, Peca, Hudon

Also Laval's D was looking good on paper, it's going to get even better. You can officially add Mike Reilly to the lot

Reactions: Born in 1909

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
I didn't really notice him, for good or bad, last night.

That's what I expect this year as well.
I noticed some bad decisions and coverage coupled with average skating but i was focusing on him as a new acquisition so that could be why

Reactions: 417

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I can’t believe how many people are rating our vets during pre-season. The vets just don’t want to get hurt. Give Chiarot at least 10 games before crapping on him.

Kotka and Poehling are the real deal, Evans really impressing me too, I think we have some gamers here.

It's not a lack of effort on his part it's pure brain fart and limitation so there's that.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Poehling's looking good, but I don't think they're going to mess with the top 3 centers because of his pre-season play. I don't see KK and Poehling both as centers in the top 9 just yet. Perhaps RP gets his start on the 4th.

Tatar - Domi - Gallagher
Drouin - KK - Armia
Lehkonen - Danault - Suzuki
Cousins - Poehling - Byron
(Thompson, Weal)

Shelter that 2nd line. Armia provides some size and 2-way play.
Suzuki and Poehling start out with reliable linemates.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It is pre-season after all. The regulars have not showed anything from either side. So much skill and potential,so give it a good dozen games in the regular season to assess.

I disagree Barkov had a handful of very solid plays going at 85%. That is exactly what you want to see out of your vets. The big loser was Hudon last night from where I sit but there were others who need to show some positives despite it being "practice".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad