Post-Game Talk: Belzebubs defeat Meanfish 3-2, Start season 3-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I think we came out, adjusted, and played our game in the third and that was the difference.

If not for some really dumb penalties I think we win this with far less drama. Sharks were not very good that third period.

I also don’t think this is the best the Sharks can play either.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Also winning a game when you trailed after two periods is a major feat in this league. It almost never happens. You have to give the team some credit for that

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
3 points in 3 games for Mueller and still has a >50% Corsi

And he's not 100%. I think they should sit him for Santini a game or two. No reason risking further injury at this early stage of the season.

In all honestly I 100% agree with you.

But we had a goalie come up with 37 saves and got some calls go our way from the Refs. I will take it and run.

I thought the refs were excellent today. What call didnt you think was a legitimate penalty?

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I think we came out, adjusted, and played our game in the third and that was the difference.

If not for some really dumb penalties I think we win this with far less drama. Sharks were not very good that third period.

I also don’t think this is the best the Sharks can play either.

I’d add that to me there was a youth versus age element. NJ struggled with completing passes at speed at times but they played with pace. The Sharks did as well but their older roster wore down in the third to some extent. To my eyes the Sharks weren’t quite as aggressive on the PK in the third and I think more hop in the legs contributed to NJ having a fairly impressive performance in the face off dot. I think the contrasting styles prevented each team from playing an A+ game.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I like Noesen but I cannot wait until Bratt is back on that line. Don’t know who I’d take out now though. Dea and Boyle are both producing more than JQ but I like the look of that line with him next to Zajac and Wood. Also Severson is a stud and has started his season off really well after a rough finish last year.

Reactions: Cult of Hynes

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
And he's not 100%. I think they should sit him for Santini a game or two. No reason risking further injury at this early stage of the season.

I thought the refs were excellent today. What call didnt you think was a legitimate penalty?

It's not that I thought any calls were illegitimate, it is that in the past calls like the Nico double minor haven't gone our way.

Last edited:

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
I figured it would be much closer to a full capacity than that. Other than the Jets playing today, I can't think of anything else, other than it being a Western Conference opponent.

I figured with the 2-0-0 start, the building would be pretty packed today. It looked and sounded packed on TV, so I was surprised to see that low of a number.

I actually thought we'd at least get over 14,000 today ever with the poor scheduling but this was kind of bad. But really we need to be put in a better position to succeed attendance wise. Saturday games are a much better option than Sunday. Still the Devils attendance has always been kind of predictable in terms of when the spike happens which is right around Thanksgiving. Glad we at least beat Mr. Average Martin Jones who somehow morphs in prime Hasek when he plays us (which isn't often but still)

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
How many pages in this thread and we have yet to talk about how theis affects the Leafs.... come on people get with it.

palms is challenging the matthews record for goals scored in 5 games. 2 more to go for the real star. matthews is a chump.

is that ok?

Reactions: My3Sons

AveryQuietMan

Oct 2, 2017
I actually thought we'd at least get over 14,000 today ever with the poor scheduling but this was kind of bad. But really we need to be put in a better position to succeed attendance wise. Saturday games are a much better option than Sunday. Still the Devils attendance has always been kind of predictable in terms of when the spike happens which is right around Thanksgiving. Glad we at least beat Mr. Average Martin Jones who somehow morphs in prime Hasek when he plays us (which isn't often but still)

sunday game at 1pm........ in case you havent noticed jersey is really into football. everytown has a team and every kid watches or is playing on sunday.

14000 was actually pretty good.

Aug 10, 2010
NJ
sunday game at 1pm........ in case you havent noticed jersey is really into football. everytown has a team and every kid watches on sunday.

14000 was actually pretty good.
There’s also a lot of youth athletes playing soccer as well on Sundays in the fall

AveryQuietMan

Oct 2, 2017
There’s also a lot of youth athletes playing soccer as well on Sundays in the fall

and they arent going to pull kids out to go to a game..... lets calm down here. we are building something here.

saw a kid wearing a devils jersey with his friends the other day. i got ridiculed for liking them back in the day

Reactions: NjDevs4994

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
While the Devils were outshot, I'd like to see the high danger chances. A lot of their shots didn't feel very dangerous to me but I have to look at the tape.

Also, the Devils really need to work on their PP breakout. SJ went to school on them and had all their options covered. The Devils never adjusted.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
The PP coach is Steve Spott and we've been wanting him canned for a while.

He's DeBoer's best friend and right hand man. I don't see him getting fired until he goes with Pete. And he's not getting an NHL head coaching gig. Maybe he'll get an AHL head coaching gig somewhere. He was Pete's assistant in Kitchener for years, then took over as head coach when Pete went to the NHL to coach the Panthers. He ended up with Pete in San Jose when the Sharks hired him, after being an assistant for the Leafs for maybe one or two years before that and getting purged when they hired Babcock.

He's awful.

I don’t like this “we” s**t Bleed. You can have a 2nd team but that hits a little too close to home ;)

severian

Aug 19, 2007
Westfield
and they arent going to pull kids out to go to a game..... lets calm down here. we are building something here.

saw a kid wearing a devils jersey with his friends the other day. i got ridiculed for liking them back in the day

Even more important is that when I take my 5 year old to hockey practice, there are always 10-15 kids in Devils jerseys and maybe 1 or 2 in a Rangers jersey. This is at the rink over in Union.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad