Post-Game Talk: Belzebubs defeat Meanfish 3-2, Start season 3-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
And how many times did we say that about Pete teams here his last couple years lol

That was such a typical Deboer game. Dominate possession through 2 periods and only have a one goal lead. Sit back to start the third, blow the lead and play it 50-50 the rest of the way.

Having said that despite ceding possession I thought the Devils did a good job limiting the Sharks. It wasn't one of those game where I thought they were hanging on for life in their own zone like a lot of games last year. Again, though on the other side dominating possession, but not getting great opportunities is a Deboer staple.

Reactions: devsfan4life

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
On the other side. No way is this the best the Sharks have with that roster.

They don’t seem to be clicking yet. Too many dumb penalties, bad PP, and Jones sucks.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Good god that power play breakout needs to die. I know a lot of teams use it but they're not even executing it properly. Instead of dropping it to the guy coming with speed around the red line in the NZ we're passing it all the way back into our own end lol. By the time the puck carrier gets to the opposing blue line it's a wall of humanity as everyone else has ground to a halt cause they have to wait, you can't even dump it in at retrieve it at that point never mind gain the zone .

Yea you're supposed to pass it back to the guy coming with speed at the NZ but the devils go past the nz and then all the way back to the faceoff dot in our end and coming very slowly, it makes no sense.

Reactions: JK3 and Nubmer6

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
13,809 attendance?

I wonder why. What could be going on today to impact this.
I figured it would be much closer to a full capacity than that. Other than the Jets playing today, I can't think of anything else, other than it being a Western Conference opponent.

I figured with the 2-0-0 start, the building would be pretty packed today. It looked and sounded packed on TV, so I was surprised to see that low of a number.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I’d like to see JQ get more PP time. His shot is pretty dangerous.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It’s interesting that Hynes addresses the team after games.

A lot of coaches say they don’t talk in the locker room after a game. And that they wait until the next day to talk.

Reactions: glenwo2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad