B-Sens Belleville 2019-2020 Season Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsens35

Nov 29, 2015
the ahl just released saying the suspension wont be lifted before may. We still have a chance

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
the ahl just released saying the suspension wont be lifted before may. We still have a chance

Update from AHL on 2019-20 season

Pretty brief:

The American Hockey League has advised its clubs that the indefinite suspension of AHL play will not be lifted before May.
The League is recommending that teams facilitate the return of AHL players to their primary residences.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
I really believe Seattle will target one of our goalies. Hope it’s Gus, not Joey. interesting to see which one is protected between Hogberg and Nilsson.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I really believe Seattle will target one of our goalies. Hope it’s Gus, not Joey. interesting to see which one is protected between Hogberg and Nilsson.
Hogberg for sure, he's younger, drafted & developed by Ottawa & has played really well this past season in Belleville & the past number of games in the NHL.

Reactions: Cosmix

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Hogberg for sure, he's younger, drafted & developed by Ottawa & has played really well this past season in Belleville & the past number of games in the NHL.

Yup. Not sure if we tried to flip Nilsson but he had a great season with us and I would've been surprised if he got more than a late pick like a 5th round back. He's still likely viewed as a top end back-up and not starter material for a playoff team.

Hogberg v Gus v Daccord would be a great little battle for our future in nets. Hopefully one pans out as more than a 1b goalie.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Yup. Not sure if we tried to flip Nilsson but he had a great season with us and I would've been surprised if he got more than a late pick like a 5th round back. He's still likely viewed as a top end back-up and not starter material for a playoff team.

Hogberg v Gus v Daccord would be a great little battle for our future in nets. Hopefully one pans out as more than a 1b goalie.

Nilsson is setup well to be exposed in the Seattle draft.

Reactions: NB613

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018

I think his value would be a bit higher. Look what Jack Campbell returned. If Nilsson has another good year, I could easily see him returning a 3rd or even a conditional 2nd with retention at the deadline.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
AMERICAN HOCKEY LEAGUE CANCELS REMAINDER OF 2019-20 SEASON

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. ... American Hockey League President and Chief Executive Officer David Andrews announced today that the league’s Board of Governors has voted to cancel the remainder of the 2019-20 AHL regular season and the 2020 Calder Cup Playoffs due to the ongoing COVID-19 public health crisis:
“After a lengthy review process, the American Hockey League has determined that the resumption and completion of the 2019-20 season is not feasible in light of current conditions.
The League’s operational focus has turned toward actively preparing for the 2020-21 season.
We are very grateful to the National Hockey League and its teams for their support and leadership in navigating through the challenges faced over the past two months.
The AHL continues to place paramount importance on the health and safety of our players, officials, staff and fans and all of their families, and we all look forward to returning to our arenas in 2020-21.”
The AHL’s standings – sorted by points percentage – and statistics as of March 12, 2020, are considered final and official, and will serve as the basis for determining league awards for the 2019-20 season.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
This sucks for our prospects, probably won’t be able to play any meaningful games for ~9 months because of this, this is a critical development period for our prospects and just like that, it goes into the trash.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
EYZT5auXsAE4VCx

Not a surprise, but still very nice. I really wanted Joey Keane at the spot we took Tychonick (although I did like that pick at the time) - he'd look nice in our prospect pool.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
BSENS team awards:

Most Valuable Player: Josh Norris
Rookie of The Year: Josh Norris
Defencemen of The Year: Hubert Labrie
Players Choice Award: Jordan Szwarz
Coaches Choice Award: Joseph Labate
Belleville Senators IOA/American Specialty AHL Man of the Year: Morgan Klimchuk

BSens Announce 2019-20 Team Awards - Belleville Senators

One thing from the article that I hadn't noted was the impressive year by Labate. 26pts in 47 games is quite impressive from the big gentleman. Does anyone know how long he signed with us for? I suspect he is up for a new contract. Will be interesting to see if he's brought back on another AHL deal.

IamJust0ne

May 4, 2006
BSENS team awards:

Most Valuable Player: Josh Norris
Rookie of The Year: Josh Norris
Defencemen of The Year: Hubert Labrie
Players Choice Award: Jordan Szwarz
Coaches Choice Award: Joseph Labate
Belleville Senators IOA/American Specialty AHL Man of the Year: Morgan Klimchuk

BSens Announce 2019-20 Team Awards - Belleville Senators

One thing from the article that I hadn't noted was the impressive year by Labate. 26pts in 47 games is quite impressive from the big gentleman. Does anyone know how long he signed with us for? I suspect he is up for a new contract. Will be interesting to see if he's brought back on another AHL deal.

He'll be UFA. I'm a fan of Labates game and would like to see him back if he doesn't go overseas, but the AHL has some weird rules that limits the amount of veterans you can put on a roster if they've played with the same organization after X amount of games (hopefully someone else can clarify this rule,) so we'll see

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
An AHL vet is a player that has played 260 or more high level pro games. That counts AHL, NHL and elite level European leagues. It's also calculated based on games played at the beginning of the season so you can't become a vet mid-season.

You can have as many as you want on your roster, but you can only dress 5 in any given game. You also have the option of deeming one player with between 260 and 320 games exempt so I guess technically you can use 6 in any one game.

Currently Belleville don't have any vets under contract for next season so I don't foresee an issue with bringing back any player that wants to return.

I'm more interested to see what happens with Troy Mann. Now that the AHL season is done, his contract has officially expired.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
An AHL vet is a player that has played 260 or more high level pro games. That counts AHL, NHL and elite level European leagues. It's also calculated based on games played at the beginning of the season so you can't become a vet mid-season.

You can have as many as you want on your roster, but you can only dress 5 in any given game. You also have the option of deeming one player with between 260 and 320 games exempt so I guess technically you can use 6 in any one game.

Currently Belleville don't have any vets under contract for next season so I don't foresee an issue with bringing back any player that wants to return.

I'm more interested to see what happens with Troy Mann. Now that the AHL season is done, his contract has officially expired.
I had no idea this vet limit existed. I thought the older guys just left for more money in Euro leagues.

Kind of sucks for the guys that get squeezed out and makes it harder to season prospects longer or take on a bunch of reclamation projects.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Can anyone who has been watching a lot of B-Sens this season give me their ranking of, and the separation between, Balcers, Norris and Batherson?

Reactions: NB613

topshelf15

May 5, 2009

Think they need to just pay the man,he has been very good with the kids..And gives us an option for HC in the future

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus

Mann's the man if he can't do it nobody can so you bring him back next season.

Reactions: Emerica
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad