B-Sens Belleville 2019-2020 Season Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
I had really hoped that defence would have been a focus at either (NHL & AHL) trade deadline. The need is showing once again. Offence isn’t a problem, they have good goaltending (when healthy). I generally like the two-way game of some of the forwards as well. However, there are many games where the Sens can’t clear the puck from their own end and face too many shots.

Reactions: aragorn

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
How did we get Wilkie for Rodewald?

Rodewald is a decent AHLer and Wilkie probably wasn't gonna get signed. He might not get signed by us, either.

Keep in mind, Rodewald is only 2.5 yrs older than Wilkie and Rodewald has like 60g and 120pts in his AHL career. Wilkie may have more upside, but he may not.

Reactions: SpezDispenser

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Rodewald is a decent AHLer and Wilkie probably wasn't gonna get signed. He might not get signed by us, either.

Keep in mind, Rodewald is only 2.5 yrs older than Wilkie and Rodewald has like 60g and 120pts in his AHL career. Wilkie may have more upside, but he may not.

Yeah, Wilkie was doing *nothing* at the time of the trade. It was purely a contact transaction to get rid of one. Now pleasantly Wilkie has exploded. I still don't think he's more than an AHL'er, but he was trending to be out of hockey a year ago.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Yeah, Wilkie was doing *nothing* at the time of the trade. It was purely a contact transaction to get rid of one. Now pleasantly Wilkie has exploded. I still don't think he's more than an AHL'er, but he was trending to be out of hockey a year ago.
He wasnt exactly doing nothing, he actually had 6pts in 3 games to that point, but he's still 23yrs old and 5yrs post draft.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Troy Mann said on TSN 1200 that Brannstrom won’t be back until the second round of the playoffs (if they make it that far).

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Abramov and Norris create a goal into their own net.
Doherty saves the goal by knocking down their own net.
Shots 1-12

Matsens15

Dec 1, 2009
Ottawa
I’m watching the game tonight and so far Gustavsson is really solid! So far the shots are 23-6 for Laval with 10 minutes left in the 2nd period....

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Team looks primed to be swept in the first round.
Isn't this the same time of year the team fell apart last year too? I know injuries are part of it but man they got to come together and grind it out. I guess a team that was getting by on it's talent can't just flip a switch and play that 1 goal game when the top end guys get hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad