B-Sens Belleville 2019-2020 Season Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Anyone that compares Brannstrom to Karlsson has no clue what they are watching. It has nothing to do with nationality, name or where they are drafted. Its about watching the players and evaluating them, they simply arent in the same tier. I think a best case scenario for Brannstrom is that of Kimo Timmonen, I strugle to think of any d men that are that size that have had long careers that arent offensive dynamos.

You really gotta stop with the anti Stone stuff, please stop suggesting Stone is regressing he keeps getting better. Its a completely false narrative you always bring up to try and prove your point. Stone is a top 25 player in the league the best player on a contender and a top 3 defensive forward in hockey. Every single metric and the eye test shows that he makes players around him dramatically better. What he brings from a character, leadership and passion impact he and Karlsson really arent far off from a value perspecitve. Stones posession stats are close to the best in the NHL of any forward. I think given what Brannstrom has looked like people have the right to be concerned given what he was traded for. For me I just hope he is an NHL player, if you are a 5'9 D man you have to be one heck of a puck mover to play in this league. I really hope we see more from him next season. I like to take the long approach with all players but I really am not a fan of undersized D men who arent elite skaters.

Stones a great player but if we traded a super star 19 year old player for a UFA people would lose it. I think expectations should seriously be dialed down and adjusted to the fact we traded a UFA that wasn’t staying.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Mark stone is elite defensively. It's not even a debate anymore that he's omg the top in the league.

Offensively he's been PPG for the last few seasons and is trending up at his current peak. No reason he doesn't maintain that for 5 years and finishes aroubd 700-800 career points with some WC and Olympic golds. He's very much in the discussion for HOF unless something drastic happens. Maybe not first ballot but he'll get mentioned.

Reactions: DrEasy

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Nice to see Norris drop the gloves for his first pro fight, Ottawa is starting to collect a number of guys who are not afraid to drop them which is great to see & won't get pushed around.

Tkachuk, Batherson, Paul, Norris & Formenton have all got decent size & are all willing to go. Now we need to get a few on defence.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Didn't we trade for a bunch of the Marlie's veteran depth too? Makes sense why we slaughtered them with our own zamboni driver.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Think Sens will call up Batherson anytime soon?

Thanks

Honestly it looks like we picked up guys like Hawryluk and Peca specifically to ensure we can keep as many guys down in Belleville as possible. Anisimov will eventually get healthy and that could mean Balcers getting sent down too.

I'm sure they will call up the odd guy, but the focus is as much on ensuring Belleville has a nice run at the Calder as it is on getting guys a taste of the NHL, and since they've pretty much all gotten some games already, I don't see the team being in much of a rush to call up guys unless they are forced to.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
think Formenton will get a chance before the season is up

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Mark stone .....He's very much in the discussion for HOF unless something drastic happens. Maybe not first ballot but he'll get mentioned.

Listen I love Mark Stone, but this is absolute crazy talk imo. Stone needs to win some awards, multiple ones, and have a lot more success in the playoffs than he currently has before he even gets a whiff of the HHoF. Hes not even close to that caliber of player yet - and thats not saying he isnt still an elite and fantastic forward. Hes just not in that very upper echelon, and doesnt deserve to be there either imo.

The hall of fame should continue to be reserved for the absolute best of the best players from each generation. Aside from the super obvious guys like Crosby, Ovy, Malkin, Kane, McDavid - think of that next tier of players after them like Stamkos, Mackinnon, Hall, Tavares, Kopitar, Getzlaf, Seguin - thats who the hall of fame is reserved for in my eyes (and based on the history of who gets into the hall).

Mark's slick stick is not enough to get him there imo. He would need to stay healthy (a real issue for him) and string together several more PPG seasons (at very least) to get in based on his current resume. People ask if Brad Marchand will be HHoF worthy one day, and I feel like hes a lot closer to getting there than Mark Stone is right now.

Last edited:

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Listen I love Mark Stone, but this is absolute crazy talk imo. Stone needs to win some awards, multiple ones, and have a lot more success in the playoffs than he currently has before he even gets a whiff of the HHoF. Hes not even close to that caliber of player yet - and thats not saying he isnt still an elite and fantastic forward. Hes just not in that very upper echelon, and doesnt deserve to be there either imo.

The hall of fame should continue to be reserved for the absolute best of the best players from each generation. Aside from the super obvious guys like Crosby, Ovy, Malkin, Kane, McDavid - think of that next tier of players after them like Stamkos, Mackinnon, Hall, Tavares, Kopitar, Getzlaf, Seguin - thats who the hall of fame is reserved for in my eyes (and based on the history of who gets into the hall).

Mark's slick stick is not enough to get him there imo. He would need to stay healthy (a real issue for him) and string together several more PPG seasons to get based on his current resume. People ask if Brad Marchand will be HHoF worthy one day, and I feel like hes a lot closer to getting there than Mark Stone is right now.

Ya, this is a particular fight that i don't want much of.

Stone is not close at this point to assembling a hall of fame career. He's a one time nominee for a major award (one of the lesser light major awards) and his offensive numbers are not in the same time zone as what gets you into the hall

Brad Marchand, as much as i hate him, is closer imo as well

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Much better period but two unfortunate breaks gave Rochester two goals. Broken stick on the PP resulted in a 2 on 1 and a puck bouncing over a stick as a player came out of the box resulted in a breakaway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad