None
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
What the hell were they doing out there? There was like a spell of 7 days of plus weather? Dumbasses. Glad everyone is okay but that is so dumb.

Saving their dog that fell through the ice.

Not saying it isnt stupid, but I would also without hesitation attempt to save my dog if he was in a life or death situation - even if it put myself at risk.

I dont expect non dog people to understand that logic. But especially for us 30 somethings who went the no kids route, those guys are the next best thing. I'd rather die trying to save my best buddy then watching him slowly drown and not do a damn thing

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Saving their dog that fell through the ice.

Not saying it isnt stupid, but I would also without hesitation attempt to save my dog if he was in a life or death situation - even if it put myself at risk.

I dont expect non dog people to understand that logic. But especially for us 30 somethings who went the no kids route, those guys are the next best thing. I'd rather die trying to save my best buddy then watching him slowly drown and not do a damn thing
Oh I would never hesitate to sacrifice myself for my cat or my dog. Those are my children. But why are they falling in ice in the first place? I don't take my dog for walks along the Ottawa river in March without a leash. Just seems like someone was being recklessly negligent there.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Oh I would never hesitate to sacrifice myself for my cat or my dog. Those are my children. But why are they falling in ice in the first place? I don't take my dog for walks along the Ottawa river in March without a leash. Just seems like someone was being recklessly negligent there.

Fair enough but shit happens man. I thought they said they were at the Browns house, and its a lot easier to imagine a scenario where the young pup gets out of site for a minute and into some trouble. Happens to the best pet owners.

I'm not getting a Joe Sakic snowblower type vibe from this one, personally.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Wait, you guys would give your life to try and save a cat?!?

Actually, turns out my girls think I’m an asshole for that...

My bad....

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Fair enough but shit happens man. I thought they said they were at the Browns house, and its a lot easier to imagine a scenario where the young pup gets out of site for a minute and into some trouble. Happens to the best pet owners.

I'm not getting a Joe Sakic snowblower type vibe from this one, personally.
Haha yes, nothing beats the Sakic story. I'm glad everything turned out for the Browns. Just put that good boy on a leash next time they need to go out!

Reactions: Samsquanch

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Brown and Batherson live on a waterfront property across the bay from Belleville. It’s easy for a dog to get on the ice unless water access and dock is completely fenced and gated from the yard, which most properties aren’t. Most people have dogs off leash in their own backyard. Brown’s dog decided to chase some geese, which were on thin ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->