OT: Beer Thread II

Captain Mittens*

BJs makes a fine root beer. I think it is called Doc's. It is much better than the crap beer that they make.

scryan

May 1, 2013
Point number 1: I need to drink modern times. Never tried there stuff. I think next weekend I'll pick up their coffee stout.

Point number 2: Bottle logic is damn good at beer. If your on the Kings board, and in the beer thread you can probably get there... So you should if you are not a stupid person.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
8f2127c4eba0956cf07e881934532281.jpg

I picked up this variety pack at costco. The Social IPA in the can is the best. I don't care for wheat beers typically and this one is no different. It isn't bad but just not my thing. For $18 (I think), the 20 pack is a great deal. I'll just be offering those wheat beers to guests!

acb-carousels-beer.jpg

I was out in Atlanta last week and I'm a big fan of their Sweetwater 420 and IPA. I also guzzled a few Yuengling lagers while I was there. It was a bender for sure and I always like to sample the local flavor. If anyone has ever been to Nashville, their local micro brew is called Yazoo and they have some good beers. Dos Perros is a tasty Brown Ale (brown ales are some of my favorites).

SweetWater-420-IPA-Cans.jpg

scryan

May 1, 2013
That social IPA is so ****ing cloudy. Was OK, but like pizza port swammi IPA, tons of sediment suspended throughout the beer. I am a big fan of canning, but I feel like at least a few do it to hide.

Also, Angle City = Sam Adams... Can we stop with all these companies owned by the same people.

Decent session IPA though.

scryan

May 1, 2013
When I think wheat, I think heff, and I don't want.

But like, Bottle Logic's She Shot First is awesome.

Last edited:

scryan

May 1, 2013
How have I not been drinking Modern Times?
Just got their blazing word, lol @ amber its like all base malt, a little munic and midnight wheat just for color basically... That minus the wheat is basically the malt bill of the last IPA I made... Good stuff though.
Really like all the info they give, Hops & grains used, SRM, IBU & final gravity right on the back of the can, and if you go to their website, they give the recipe for a 5 gal batch... Very cool.

Looking forward to trying their blackhouse oatmeal coffee stout this weekend.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I read in the May issue of Beer that Stone is discontinuing Levitation. What a bummer. That was one of my favorite beers. Gonna need to stock up.

Currently enjoying a Wasatch Ghostrider White IPA.

scryan

May 1, 2013
IS levitation still available? I thought they discontinued that back when they did it to Self Righteous, and before they updated Pale Ale and Ruination? I haven't seen one in stores for a long time?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad