OT: Beer Thread II

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
So good.

108462.jpg

sroper

Jan 20, 2006
Honestly I haven't had Dales in a while so I can't recall what it tastes like but what they do get credit for resurging the craft in a can movement. If I recall there was "craft" brewery out of Canada (Big Rock I believe) that used to put there beer in cans but that was a while back, maybe early 90s? Cans are a equal to glass as a vessel for beer and preserving freshness thus ensuring that the consumer is tasting what the brewer intended; whether that tastes good or not is up to you? Happy drinking.

Captain Mittens*

Canned beer is a glass.

Old Chubb isy favorite beer from Dale's

sroper

Jan 20, 2006
For some reason I cant get into a "bigger" beer from a can. I know it's ridiculous but just a stigma that cant get over. Plus don't get me started about putting anything near my mouth called "Old Chub". But I digress. Actually, most beer should be poured into some proper glassware to get the most out of the experience, so from a can or bottle shouldn't matter. But that's getting a bit nerdy

scryan

May 1, 2013
Ten Fidy does seem kind of weird coming from a can, something the low carbonation and insanely dark color.

I think I am going to Sanctum Brewing in Pomona this weekend, hoping they turn out to be good.

And definitely going to try some others from Oskar Blues....

scryan

May 1, 2013
I like a good strong stout, and am often disappointed when I go to breweries and see a stout, only for it to be a milk stout. I like milk stouts, but it seems like everyone only does them now adays (credit to Sanctum in Pomona for having multiple variations of IRS on tap)

That said:

IMG_6239_001.jpg

Just damn good.

Dog as Man

Mostly sniffing around.
Feb 27, 2002
Napa
Modern Times -Blazing World
and Coffee Stout. SD brewery. Woof woof.
Also Balast Point's Grapefruit Skulpin in cans at Trader Joes. I actually like the grapefruit better than the straight Skulpin

fivehole32

Kicking rebounds to the slot
Jan 11, 2015
th

Smutty nose brewing Durty Hoopy Brown Ale

Giving this a tumble this weekend. It has pretty vibrate flavor and 8.4% ABV, ergo it has the best of both worlds.

Gentle Ben Ken0bi

Sep 8, 2005
Modern Times -Blazing World
and Coffee Stout. SD brewery. Woof woof.
Also Balast Point's Grapefruit Skulpin in cans at Trader Joes. I actually like the grapefruit better than the straight Skulpin

I love the Sculpin but I never tried the Grapefruit Sculpin. I figured it would be ****** and I would be disappointed kind of like the first time I me Boba Fettuccine.

Captain Mittens*

I love the Sculpin but I never tried the Grapefruit Sculpin. I figured it would be ****** and I would be disappointed kind of like the first time I me Boba Fettuccine.

It's actually REALLY ****ing good, unlike your jokes

scryan

May 1, 2013
So a co-worker asked me if I had tried Not Your Fathers Rootbeer, I see it everywhere... Then suddenly I start seeing facebook ads for the stuff...

What small brewery has that level of marketing or can supply this volume?
So I started looking around, and found a discussion on beer advocate about "Small Town Brewery"

I found this thread and figured I would give it a bump. I have seen stuff going back and forth about this, and did some research last night on it.

As far as I can tell, Small Town Brewery is not owned by PBR - but owned by Phusion Projects - AKA 4 Loko.

Basically, if you go to Small Town Brewery's website, and go to Privacy Policy, it shows up with his address:

SMALL TOWN BREWERY
ATTN: CHIEF LEGAL OFFICER
640 N. LASALLE DRIVE, SUITE 265
CHICAGO, IL 60654

http://smalltownbrewery.com/privacy/

If you then take that address and google it, the first website that also uses that address comes up with this:

http://moskatolife.com/contact/

Moskato Life is a Phuisons Project brand as well. You can see them all listed here:

http://www.phusionprojects.com/our-products/

Digging a little deeper, I find the trademark for Small Town Brewery was started by Innovative Brewing LLC:

http://www.trademarkia.com/small-town-brewery-86176779.html

And then there is this article in the Chicago Business website:

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/article/20130713/ISSUE01/307139977/four-loko-maker-is-doubling-down

It states:

"The vehicle for accomplishing those goals is a new wholly owned subsidiary called Innovative Brewing. It is being set up to acquire fledgling companies that could use a distribution boost or benefit from the experience Phusion's executives gained in previous jobs at MillerCoors LLC, Diageo PLC and Heineken USA."

To me, there is no way that Small Town is owned by anyone but Phusion Projects.

I don't really care how big your company is... I just want a delicious beer...
But I hate this whole thing were breweries start another brand and pretend like they are unassociate.

Please don't try to trick me, just offer me a great product I might want to buy?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad