OT: Beer chat

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
I need to try this. Someone also mentioned Spaten which is very good however if you can find Weihenstephan anywhere you won't be disappointed. Worlds oldest brewery still operating (1040).

Yes Spaten is an old favorite...
I use Weihenstephan's Liquid Yeast Cultures...
You also cannot go wrong with Ayinger's products...

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Actually Weihenstephaner teamed up with Sierra Nevada (weird combo) and came up with Braupakt. Give it a chance if you happen to see it.

Braupakt-Weihenstaphaner-Sierra-Nevada-BeerPulse-545x575.jpg

Got a 4.16 on BA.

Weihenstephaner / Sierra Nevada - Braupakt | Bayerische Staatsbrauerei Weihenstephan

crasherino

May 9, 2013
So we got the Alchemist.

E1ItE90.png
My local supermarket has a craft beer bar upstairs but I've never had the chance to check it out. Ducked in there yesterday and had an Edward and a can of Heady Topper. They won't sell the Edward in a Growler or the Heady in a 4 pack but not a bad afternoon considering I was picking up shit for our friends coming over for dinner.

nyisleslover

Jun 20, 2018
Albany, NY
Try this Beer....
It's the best German Pils around that is imported here in the States...
https://www.rothaus.de/en/our-beers/rothaus-pils-en/tannenzapfle?alter=true

Far and away my favorite German Pilsner was DinkelAcker, but unfortunately it has become increasingly difficult to find over the years to the point where I have not had one in a few years now. So I am interested in giving the Tannenzapfle a try. If anyone knows where I can get DinkelAcker bottled, I would be eternally grateful! :bow:

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Far and away my favorite German Pilsner was DinkelAcker, but unfortunately it has become increasingly difficult to find over the years to the point where I have not had one in a few years now. So I am interested in giving the Tannenzapfle a try. If anyone knows where I can get DinkelAcker bottled, I would be eternally grateful! :bow:
I second the DinkelAcker, and unfortunately I can't find it either. I had DinkelAcker Dark on draft in Manhattan about 35 years ago, and to this day it's one of the best beers I've ever had.

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
DinkelAcker is very good depending on whether it's the Dunkle or the Pils, but my Favorite of all time was Wuzburger Maybok circa 1990 to 1995.
It's not even made for export anymore by Wurzbuger...
DAB reminds me of DinkelAcker when it's fresh...

Reactions: nyisleslover

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA

I don't believe I've actually ever had DinkelAcker but I remember my brother having a mini metal keg of it that I believe he turned into a piggy bank.
IT was a brown barrel looking thing.
i have not seen the brand Dinkel Acker for as long as I can remember.

brachyrynchos

Apr 10, 2017
Dinkel Acker is distributed here on Long Island by Manhattan Beer over on Straight Path. I've seen it around here and there. Not sure who distributes it elsewhere, but if you know who your wholesalers are, you could try checking their beer portfolio which is often listed on their website, or try beermenus. Prost!
Edit- S&H is the importer, (they also bring over Wurzburger, Arcobrau, and Fruh Kolsch, to name a few), not sure if that helps.

Last edited:

brachyrynchos

Apr 10, 2017
DeCrescente is the wholesaler that distributes DinkelAcker in the Albany area, according to their website they carry the brand.

nyisleslover

Jun 20, 2018
Albany, NY
DeCrescente is the wholesaler that distributes DinkelAcker in the Albany area, according to their website they carry the brand.

I know some people who work for DeCrescente so I will give them a try. A few times in the past I've found on line that a place was a distributor of a beer I liked only to find out that their website was outdated or they did not carry the beer after all. So I will not get my hopes up too much, but I definitely give it a go! Others here have reached out to me as well to try and help me find DinkelAcker, and I appreciate all the good work done on my behalf!

Reactions: brachyrynchos

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
If you were limited to drinking 5 beers the rest of your life, what would they be? I did a variety that covers different bases, and I leaned towards old standby's rather than unusual/hard-to-find/very expensive stuff (no HopSlam/Pliny/Heddy!). In no particular order:

*Founders Breakfast Stout
*Hofbrau Original
*Hop Devil
*Weihenstephaner Hefeweizen
*St Bernardus Abt12 (went a little unusual here, but had to have a Belgian)

brachyrynchos

Apr 10, 2017
Tres Monts or Saison Dupont- biere de garde/saison
Jever Pils
Gaffel Kolsch
Unibroue La fin du monde- tripel
Lion Stout (Sri Lanka)

5 discontinued beers that I'd gladly drink if they'd only return:
Sierra Nevada Glissade- maibock
Troegs Rugged Trail- brown ale
Nogne O Sahti- I really miss that one, not enough Sahti around. Their Tyttebaer was really good, too, had lingonberries.
Thomas Hardy's- strong ale/barleywine
Founders Double Trouble- great double ipa

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Tres Monts or Saison Dupont- biere de garde/saison
Jever Pils
Gaffel Kolsch
Unibroue La fin du monde- tripel
Lion Stout (Sri Lanka)

5 discontinued beers that I'd gladly drink if they'd only return:
Sierra Nevada Glissade- maibock
Troegs Rugged Trail- brown ale
Nogne O Sahti- I really miss that one, not enough Sahti around. Their Tyttebaer was really good, too, had lingonberries.
Thomas Hardy's- strong ale/barleywine
Founders Double Trouble- great double ipa

I have double trouble where I work, just ordered it last week.

See Guys and Dolls Craft Beer House and Billiard Lounge's Full Beer List on BeerMenus

Founders Double Trouble

Double IPA · 9.4% · Grand Rapids, MI
Hops will get you coming and going. Pungent aromatics up front pair with a malt-balanced backbone and a smooth, bitter finish.
12oz Bottle $9

Did a beer photo of it also lol..

Reactions: brachyrynchos

brachyrynchos

Apr 10, 2017
I have double trouble where I work, just ordered it last week.

See Guys and Dolls Craft Beer House and Billiard Lounge's Full Beer List on BeerMenus

Founders Double Trouble

Double IPA · 9.4% · Grand Rapids, MI
Hops will get you coming and going. Pungent aromatics up front pair with a malt-balanced backbone and a smooth, bitter finish.
12oz Bottle $9

Did a beer photo of it also lol..

So awesome that it's back, and thank you for filling me in!! I'm on my way to Syosset tomorrow to pick some up. I was never a big IPA guy until a customer brought in a bottle to share (pre ny distro), double trouble was like heaven. Thanks again, and thanks Founders and SKI! Cheers.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
So awesome that it's back, and thank you for filling me in!! I'm on my way to Syosset tomorrow to pick some up. I was never a big IPA guy until a customer brought in a bottle to share (pre ny distro), double trouble was like heaven. Thanks again, and thanks Founders and SKI! Cheers.

We actually ordered beer from Founders Brewing | Syosset Beverage | Long Island. I'm not sure if that's where you're going.

Pick this up if you can...

• Ninja vs Unicorn
You won't be sorry.

Ninja Vs. Unicorn | Pipeworks Brewing Company

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad