OT: Beer chat

brachyrynchos

Apr 10, 2017
Where do you live, town wise.

Edit: Never mind, they open at 9, doubt you will find earlier than that lol.
actually I think the place in east meadow across from the old home depot opens at 8:30 lol. I'm in Bethpage on the border of hicksville and Levittown.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
actually I think the place in east meadow across from the old home depot opens at 8:30 lol. I'm in Bethpage on the border of hicksville and Levittown.

If I triangulate the 3 towns you mentioned I wind up at Summertimes. I know it's been gone for 25 years but I drank many beers there during my yute. Yes yute

brachyrynchos

Apr 10, 2017
If I triangulate the 3 towns you mentioned I wind up at Summertimes. I know it's been gone for 25 years but I drank many beers there during my yute. Yes yute
I've been here for about 15 years, just north of where Wantagh Ave & 107 meet, south of Bloomingdale. The old Grumman site is within walking distance, there was a family nursery/garden center on the corner of my street when I first moved here, didn't plan on staying as long as I have, but glad I did. Where was Summertimes? & Cheers Sparksrus3.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
C
I've been here for about 15 years, just north of where Wantagh Ave & 107 meet, south of Bloomingdale. The old Grumman site is within walking distance, there was a family nursery/garden center on the corner of my street when I first moved here, didn't plan on staying as long as I have, but glad I did. Where was Summertimes? & Cheers Sparksrus3.

Corner of Wantagh ave and 107 . Bagel store is on the end . There is a nightclub or something there now. Mid 1980's - 1990's ah the glory days. No cell phones, no condoms, no nickel deposit , no more Stanley cups, ( boo hoo ) , had me a 79 Camaro and a Checkmate for on the water. ( SIGH )

Today we gots a Godzilla of a wife. 2 in college, 2 more getting there. A 20 year old car, an overcrowded LIRR, a hockey team that will suck again, high blood pressure, fatty liver, hair loss on my head yet growth in my ears lol lol, and a lawn that needs a mowing.
Wait a minute . What's this thread about ? It's certainly not the life of Sparky. Gotta stop mixing vicadin with Dewars.

Did I answer your question Brach ?

LGI

brachyrynchos

Apr 10, 2017
C

Corner of Wantagh ave and 107 . Bagel store is on the end . There is a nightclub or something there now. Mid 1980's - 1990's ah the glory days. No cell phones, no condoms, no nickel deposit , no more Stanley cups, ( boo hoo ) , had me a 79 Camaro and a Checkmate for on the water. ( SIGH )

Today we gots a Godzilla of a wife. 2 in college, 2 more getting there. A 20 year old car, an overcrowded LIRR, a hockey team that will suck again, high blood pressure, fatty liver, hair loss on my head yet growth in my ears lol lol, and a lawn that needs a mowing.
Wait a minute . What's this thread about ? It's certainly not the life of Sparky. Gotta stop mixing vicadin with Dewars.

Did I answer your question Brach ?

LGI
Mmm, vicadin & Dewars, I'm jealous, some Double Trouble & some Kush for me, wait, what was the question?
Was it where the heck did the time go? It's freaky that you bring up a '79 camaro, I briefly had a '69 that was given to me by my uncle, but it needed alot of work and not being mechanically inclined it left my parents driveway quickly. As for the hair loss, I tried the rogaine & nioxin, but taking the advice of apollo's trainer in rocky 4 I threw in the damn towel. The ear hairs make me really self conscious, everytime I find one I wonder who else has noticed, and why wouldn't they tell us about the stray hairs.
Fatty liver & high blood pressure- me too. I'll throw in reading glasses, adult acne, and stress from the realization that I have not saved enough for retirement. 20 yr old car? Yup. As for the Isles, hang in there, they're not going to be as bad as people think, the effort will be there.
Yeah Sparky, I know where you're talking about, bagels are pretty good there, dry cleaner and a laundromat in there, too.

KidThatWonTheCalder

Artist Formerly Known as IslesandHawks
Jun 16, 2011
Just got back from my company's MA office and picked up two 6ers of Tree House's newly revived regular APA East Hill... I do love IPAs, but love when I find other ales or pilsners and this one doesn't disappoint.

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
main-qimg-4e046fde1c09028160d2c43ca862a141-c

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Just got back from my company's MA office and picked up two 6ers of Tree House's newly revived regular APA East Hill... I do love IPAs, but love when I find other ales or pilsners and this one doesn't disappoint.

Lucky bastage. Would give my left nut for some Tree House.

Side note: Anyone live near Tampa and know of a brewery named Angry Chair? If yes, I'm willing to trade or meet up for any one of their bottles.

angry chair bottles beer - Google Search

German Cupcake
Popoinski
Lunar Lycan
Tiramisu
Rocky Road
The Awakeninmg
Arawn
French Toast

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
It's early, but I plan on coming down solo for the Detroit game on Dec 15 at Nassau. If anyone wants New England IPA or DIPA I can bring it down. Or if anyone wants to drink with a cranky old ba$tard in the parking lot before the game I'm your guy.

I'll put an offer out for delivery service as game day approaches. I can get most Maine or Vermont stuff.

Last edited:

KidThatWonTheCalder

Jun 16, 2011
Lucky bastage. Would give my left nut for some Tree House.

Side note: Anyone live near Tampa and know of a brewery named Angry Chair? If yes, I'm willing to trade or meet up for any one of their bottles.

angry chair bottles beer - Google Search

German Cupcake
Popoinski
Lunar Lycan
Tiramisu
Rocky Road
The Awakeninmg
Arawn
French Toast
It is really good stuff... At any given moment there's usually at least a couple TH varieties in my fridge, given that I have to go out that way for work relatively often. Right now is Julius, Bright, and as of yesterday, East Hill.

davinhimself

Nov 9, 2009
Queens, NY

It's called The Living Room now. A catering hall/club, in the strip mall on the south side of the form where Wantagh Ave and 107 meet. I live in Queens now but grew up in Levittown, off Wantagh Ave, just south of Hempstead Tpke.

Reactions: brachyrynchos

KidThatWonTheCalder

Jun 16, 2011
Sorry I've been MIA, guys... I'm a little upset this thread got demoted to the 6th page, so I'll start it back up with a bang. Last night I had a couple Crusher from Alchemist. It's a relatively rare beer, but after having it, I completely get why... It's really teetering on the edge of having too much hop flavor, but it's still drinkable. It's really an incredible brew... John (owner/brewer) has this dialed in so well he knows just the right point before it starts to get overwhelming. If anyone finds themselves near Stowe, VT, you owe it to yourself to check out this place and pick up some cans.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Sorry I've been MIA, guys... I'm a little upset this thread got demoted to the 6th page, so I'll start it back up with a bang. Last night I had a couple Crusher from Alchemist. It's a relatively rare beer, but after having it, I completely get why... It's really teetering on the edge of having too much hop flavor, but it's still drinkable. It's really an incredible brew... John (owner/brewer) has this dialed in so well he knows just the right point before it starts to get overwhelming. If anyone finds themselves near Stowe, VT, you owe it to yourself to check out this place and pick up some cans.
I was is Stowe skiing a couple of years ago, and I remember that one. Very good. We have one in Ontario called Hop Addict (the puller is a giant hypodermic needle filled with hops) that is the same - not quite too much.

brachyrynchos

Apr 10, 2017
French beer is the worst.
I'd like to meet you half way. Tres Monts is wonderful with seafood, and closer to a belgian saison than the biere de garde it's classified as. Gavroche is another great french beer (biere de garde) that pairs excellent with game and thanksgiving turkey.(Saison dupont (Belgium) is excellent, too.) Forget Kronenbourg, unless you want a simple lager. If you come across Jenlain, their stuff is pretty good as well, great farmhouse ales.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad