OT: Beer chat

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
Surprisingly, Budweiser's Copper Lager, aged in Jim Beam barrels, is really good. Smooth going down, with a nice bourbon finish.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Thanks for the tips. Aside from Harp, which is great on a warm summer day, I haven't tried the others. They're on my list now.

The only other adult beverage I had in Ireland was Jameson. Yes that one.

My dad, brother and I played 18 holes at Old Head and finished a bottle of Jameson on the patio overlooking the 18th hole. Truly memorable and crazy expensive but worth it. Highly recommended.
Jamason is good, but they spell it wrong. :sarcasm:

Personally I prefer Bushmills Black, 'Black Bush' as it's commonly called.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Juicy J IPA - Legion Brewing (Charlotte, NC)
Sugar Creek Pale Ale - Sugar Creek Brewing (Charlotte, NC)
Screamin' Reels IPA - Saltwater Brewing (Delray, FL)

Landshark
Kona Big Wave
Bud Light

Genesee - Strictly when I'm in upstate NY

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT

Landshark
Kona Big Wave
Bud Light

ice cold Kona Big Wave is awesome on a hot summer day.

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Heineken may be the worst beer in existence.
Nope.
But the worst comes from the netherlands too.

1200x1200_PilsnerINT_16_Saskia_BLANK.jpg

Nothing tastes worse (except their winterbock /christmasbock *shiver*)
I bought a case last year (for our anno 1404 Weekend) and i only drank 3 and the put the rest of the case down at the street with a sign: "take it or leave it" in dutch.

I don't know why they drink it but its bad, just bad.

And while i am studying in the Netherlands i mostly drink Amstel Pils (good, not to fancy beer) or bring beer from germany back when i drive home.
Mostly beer from the brewery in the nearby towns (we have two medium sized breweries in a 15 km distance).
I like Pott's landbier (great beer, speciality of the Münsterland)
9cfbbfad-cf00-41cb-b22d-162adc4a169b.jpg

And the Hohenfelder Pils isn't too shabby either.
4103650211003.png

Regional beers made with love.

And the local craft-brewery in the next town (again 10km distance) with their pub is great too. They make a good ipa (just basic) but also Pils, Bockbier and some old beer which rezept t´is from the 1400 or older.

Radeberger isn't my kind of beer. Especially when we compare the beer you get (export) too our beer directly in germany.
We have so many great breweries.

The brewery Störtebeker makes an awesome Bersteinweizen:
image8.jpg

And then there is the highest german brewery: Rothhaus (a staate owned company of baden-würtemberg) and Their Tannenzäple (pils) tastes great.
Rothaus-Tannenzapfle-Pilsner-5.1_-330-ml-bottle.jpg

And i love Bockbier. Maibock, winterbock, doppelbock.
Most of them are real nice beers :D

Thats it from me ;D

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I bought a case last year (for our anno 1404 Weekend) and i only drank 3 and the put the rest of the case down at the street with a sign: "take it or leave it" in dutch.
Great post! I bought a case of beer several years ago - I think it was like a Lithuanian Porter or something (not sure what I was thinking at the time). It was 24 bottles, about 20 ounces each. I opened the first bottle, had a taste, and knew immediately that I made a very big mistake. But I'm cheap enough that I drank the whole case over the next few months. The last one tasted better than the first 23.

Reactions: Edenjung

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Great post! I bought a case of beer several years ago - I think it was like a Lithuanian Porter or something (not sure what I was thinking at the time). It was 24 bottles, about 20 ounces each. I opened the first bottle, had a taste, and knew immediately that I made a very big mistake. But I'm cheap enough that I drank the whole case over the next few months. The last one tasted better than the first 23.
This?

beer_6110.jpg

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut

Landshark
Kona Big Wave
Bud Light

I too must admit a fondness for Genny Cream Ale from my college days. It's all nostalgia and not based on taste.

It's some sort of a loyalty pledge I must've taken a long time ago. Kind of like staying a diehard Isles fan since my college days despite suffering through Milbury, Garth and Wang.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
I too must admit a fondness for Genny Cream Ale from my college days. It's all nostalgia and not based on taste.

It's some sort of a loyalty pledge I must've taken a long time ago. Kind of like staying a diehard Isles fan since my college days despite suffering through Milbury, Garth and Wang.

Cream Ale is tough. I stick with the Genny red eyes

upload_2020-1-27_16-16-53.png

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
I might be cheap, but bad beer is not something that i can exept.
But if you need 4-5 beers to get drunk, then it's game over for such a bad beer.
Oettinger is nothing against such a bad beer....

nyisles

Apr 4, 2006
Western Suffolk
Anyone who thinks Grolsch or Heineken is the worst beer in the world has never tasted this vile swill:

3fd36dcadb15d374b15714ec599a847e_medium.png

Oh sweet lord, the foulness. Imagine a bottle of Bud Light that's been left in the summer sun for weeks, then topped off with brine from the hottest peppers you've ever tasted.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
There is one beer.
I don't know the name or if it's dutch or belgian.
But i know its golden with a harlekin on it.
That was bad. Real bad.
unimaginbile bad.

QuadDeuces

Jul 16, 2006
Salt Lake City
Can't believe this is the first time I'm noticing this thread. Though I've become more of a whiskey drinker lately, I still enjoy a good beer. Currently on a (2 year long) sour/gose kick, so my fridge is pretty consistently filled with the Destihl Wild Sour varieties and Avery Brewing El Gose, among others.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Can't believe this is the first time I'm noticing this thread. Though I've become more of a whiskey drinker lately, I still enjoy a good beer. Currently on a (2 year long) sour/gose kick, so my fridge is pretty consistently filled with the Destihl Wild Sour varieties and Avery Brewing El Gose, among others.
Love me some sours/goses. Two Roads makes a Persian lime gose aged in tequila barrels. Comes in at 7.5%, and is absolutely delicious.

Notes: Twoquila - Civilization has come up with some great flavor combinations, like tequila and lime. We took our Two Roads Persian Lime Gose, brewed it with agave and aged it in authentic tequila barrels from Jalisco, Mexico. Time spent in these barrels imparts an oaky character and subtle notes of blue agave. A touch of fresh lime juice perfects this most delightful beer. Salud!

Two Roads also makes an outstanding dark sour cherry. Synopsis Dark Sour Cherry - Synopsis is a 6.4% mix-fermented brews use wild and cultured yeast strains and age on wood and abundantly fruited with real dark cherries for a complex, refreshingly tart beer. A mixed-fermentation process creates a subtle funk while the dark cherry adds a juicy tartness and slight tannic flavor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad