Bedard rookie season points

How many points will Bedard score in his rookie season?

• 0-20

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • 20-30

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 30-40

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • 40-50

Votes: 12 4.6%
  • 50-60

Votes: 45 17.2%
  • 60-70

Votes: 91 34.7%
  • 70+

Votes: 103 39.3%

• Total voters

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
80-110

80 pts if hes a Matthews esque play

100ish pts if hes a crosby esque player

110&up if hes Mcdavid esque player

Im going to say 47 and i think thats a very good season for him, Blackhawks are going to be very bad next season.
Nore likely he puts up closer to 50 goals then 47 pts

Guys like Hischier, RNH, Hall, Laf, Yakupov, Tavares, and Stamkos put up higher then that or higher pace (well except for Laf)

NHL scoring is higher than when those guys mostly came in 2008-2017 stage

He is also a couple tiers ahead as a prospect than the best of that group

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Bruh you are dreaming big, i like it. Keep that mindset in your life!
47 pts would mean he has a rookie year as good as Lafrenriere adjusting for scoring and his usage

He will have Taylor Hall (50-60 pt player the last few years in a 3rd line scoring role) and possibly Reichel (50-60 pt rookie season should be expected with his first two years being similar to Nylander in the AHL/short NHL stint)

I can't see him getting 47 pts unless he misses ~30 games

Reactions: wetcoast

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
47 pts would mean he has a rookie year as good as Lafrenriere adjusting for scoring and his usage

He will have Taylor Hall (50-60 pt player the last few years in a 3rd line scoring role) and possibly Reichel (50-60 pt rookie season should be expected with his first two years being similar to Nylander in the AHL/short NHL stint)

I can't see him getting 47 pts unless he misses ~30 games
Jack Hughes scored 21 points in his rookie year (he missed 21 games).

Reactions: banks

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Jack Hughes scored 21 points in his rookie year (he missed 21 games).
Hughes was a worse prospect than Bedard and his rookie year was clearly an issue with him being small, he added muscle the next year and was a 50ish pt player before exploding the past two years

Bedard is around 185 lbs so he doesnt have the same issue with size adjustment.

Hall, RNH, Yakupov, Matthews, Hishier were all 50 pts or better pace wise as rookies

Bedard is considered a generational or borderline generational prospect (patty kane/Matthews).

Kane had 72 pts and Matthews 69. With scoring up I cant see less than 80 ots from Bedard. He is just to skilled and hard to touch

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
I think he could have the ability to be a top 10 scorer but likely 'just' a top ~25 scorer due to the severe lack of talent on the Hawks

McD and Sid at least had some talent on their teams as rookies

jigglysquishy

Jun 20, 2011
Regina, Saskatchewan
Crosby and Ovechkin were both top 10 in points as rookies. McDavid was on pace for it.

If Bedard is in that category of prospects, and I think he is, then a top 10 finish is realistic.

Last year, 10th in points was 102 points. Highest scoring season in almost 30 years.

Over 90 points is realistic.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
35 goals, 30 assist for 65 points.

Scores 20 goals, 20 assist in his last 30 games.

Absolutely shreds the league the following year after.

Last edited:
Reactions: ViD and Duke74

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
He not only has the talent to score 70+ but he also is the center of the entire Blackhawks franchise. They will do anything to boost his performance and totals. It might be as important as winning games, and maybe more important.

Other high tier #1 picks had elite numbers in their rookie season

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
I think he could have the ability to be a top 10 scorer but likely 'just' a top ~25 scorer due to the severe lack of talent on the Hawks

McD and Sid at least had some talent on their teams as rookies
Reichel and Hall if healthy I see as 60 pt players without Bedard boost.

Hall has another 2-3 or so years of being a good top 6 forward

Reichel reminds my of Nylandwr and I see a similar trajectory

I think those 3 will work well together whether at 5v5 or on the PP and bedard will have some talent with them and Seth Jones (still a decent #2D and better than the oilers or Pens Defense in 06/16)

Reactions: wetcoast

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
Hughes was a worse prospect than Bedard and his rookie year was clearly an issue with him being small, he added muscle the next year and was a 50ish pt player before exploding the past two years

Bedard is around 185 lbs so he doesnt have the same issue with size adjustment.

Hall, RNH, Yakupov, Matthews, Hishier were all 50 pts or better pace wise as rookies

Bedard is considered a generational or borderline generational prospect (patty kane/Matthews).

Kane had 72 pts and Matthews 69. With scoring up I cant see less than 80 ots from Bedard. He is just to skilled and hard to touch
There is no chance Bedard gets 70+ in his rookie season in that team. It just will not happen. If he does im very happy to be proven wrong but i give it like 1% chance of happening.

And do not scream bust when he gets like 38points in his rookie year, like i did with Hughes.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
80-110

80 pts if hes a Matthews esque play

100ish pts if hes a crosby esque player

110&up if hes Mcdavid esque player

Nore likely he puts up closer to 50 goals then 47 pts

Guys like Hischier, RNH, Hall, Laf, Yakupov, Tavares, and Stamkos put up higher then that or higher pace (well except for Laf)

NHL scoring is higher than when those guys mostly came in 2008-2017 stage

He is also a couple tiers ahead as a prospect than the best of that group
Came here to say something like this.

The kid has had an NHL shot since 15 and he has that special "it" that Gretzky and Crosby had just is so focused on being the ebst and his hands are sick too.

People harp on his size but he has the leg strength and deception to keep defenders honest and it will be a pleasure watching his career unfold.

It's too bad that we aren't seeing a Bedard/Michov rivalry next year in the NHL but it is what it is.

Tuesday October 10th should be on everyone's schedule when Bedard faces off against Crosby in Pittsburg.

Of course some others might be watching that game to see how their prized off season acquisition, Ryan Graves is doing as well.....

Reactions: hamzarocks

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
The biggest thing for me with Bedard, is that his rookie year especially, he's not going to have a lot of great talent around him to work with. I think that holds his productivity back to something more in the 60-something pts range.

Who is he actually gonna have to play with, that has any abundance of talent? Hall is probably the best offensive player they've got, and he's likely to miss time and has never had any chemistry with other good players anyway. So he's gonna play with the corpse of Corey Perry or Nick Foligno? Or Kurashev who i like, but is clearly not a world-beater in terms of offensive skill. Athanasiou and Tyler Johnson is probably the best case scenario linemates? That's...not great.

Not only that, but because of the dearth of other real high-end offensive talent in Chicago right now...he's also going to be the absolute focal point of every other team's matchup efforts. He's going to be going head to head with other team's best two-way Centers and he's going to see a steady diet of everyone's top defensive matchup pairing.

Even on the Powerplay where production is often driven...who is he gonna have to work with? Seth Jones quarterbacking the whole operation?

I think he's fighting an uphill battle to have the kind of impact someone like say Beniers did as a rookie last year. He's not going to have nearly that same caliber of support. So maybe the sheer talent level and abundant opportunity to play big minutes in prime offensive situations gets him into that 60-70pts range. That and his obvious hype and pedigree is probably enough to secure himself a Calder trophy at the end of the day...but it's hard to see much headroom beyond that. Though betting against a generational offensive talent scoring a bunch is probably foolish...that's what i'd do.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
For me, 80 points is the absolute floor if he plays 80-82 games and we don’t see an unexpected huge decline in scoring (nothing points to this).

Chicago was a 204 goal team last year, before and after Kane was shipped out. 204 goals ranked last out of 32 teams. In addition to Bedard, they’ve added a couple of decent pieces.

I’d like to think that Bedard himself will be able to increase their overall production. If they improve by 10% and climb to 224 goals, a total that would still rank only 28th out of 32 teams, and he factors in on 39% of that, that’s 87 points right there.

For reference, McDavid, Crosby, and Ovechkin factored in on 40.3%, 42.2% and 45.3% respectively of their teams goals during the games they played in during their rookie seasons. All three players joined teams that scored less goals the season before their arrivals than Chicago did last season and they ranked 26th, 22nd, and 27th out of 30 teams respectively.

In this era, for this level of talent, I think 70 points or lower is very pessimistic. Maybe I’m also too optimistic thinking he gets 105-110, but 80-89 points seems to be a pretty conservative, yet still fair guess.

Again, assuming he can play 80+ games.

47 points from OP doesn’t make sense to me, unless Bedard misses 40+ games.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
If bedard gets 47 points with a full season, there will be a lot of concerned people in Chicago…..hes A lock to be a ppg player imho.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
If bedard gets 47 points with a full season, there will be a lot of concerned people in Chicago…..hes A lock to be a ppg player imho.
If he’s a generational type player we’ll know it after the first few games but i don’t think Chicago fans needs to be concerned if he score around 50 points.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad