GDT: Game 5 | Leafs @ Bruins | COME BACK BEGINS - WAKE UP EDITION | Tuesday, Apr. 30 7 p.m. EST | Leafs trail series 1-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
I think Boston lays off the bullshit and plays Ultra low risk hockey to avoid making the leafs heated. This might be a boring one. It'd take a lot to win this game. It'd take a mountain to win the one after that

Reactions: PromisedLand

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
If you don't believe, you don't have to be here

F U leafs management. Fu Sheldon, you'll never get rid of me
Me neither.
Bro just give me something to cheer for. That's all I ask
You couldn't score more than 2 goals last 11 of 12 games

Being a Leafs fan really sucks. Just give me anything to cheer for.
Yes please!

Last game, my wife decided to watch with me for some reason, never watched a game before in her life. She knows nothing about the game but she had the distinct impression that our team played with no energy, weird eh?

She said she is going to watch again tonight, I really hope they show her that they've got something more than they showed in game 4. That last one, kind of reminds me when I was telling my dad how amazing Vince Carter was, took him to see a game and VC shot something absurd like 3 for 23 or something and I was like damn, what just happened?
I’d include posters who want you to walk because you won’t drink the kool-Ade. It’s my team regardless of how badly it’s managed, coached, or how pathetic the players are. I’ve seen em all come and go…….

Yup……
Yup.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I think Boston lays off the bullshit and plays Ultra low risk hockey to avoid making the leafs heated. This might be a boring one. It'd take a lot to win this game. It'd take a mountain to win the one after that

It’s frustrating that teams that are a little low on top end talent keep beating us in the playoffs. Boston is just a better, well rounded team. That is why the top heavy approach by the Leafs has to be looked at. We’ll see, hopefully they can shock us all and come back to win.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I don’t know, this team has shown grit/heart before in 2018 coming back from 3-1 to tie the series against a better Boston team.
That was with Babcock who could actually make some tactical adjustments.

Live look at Keefe trying to fix the special teams and other issues:

40bfb6a76627032773450ddee967be36.jpg

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
If Boston loses this game, they will face a million questions about what happened last year and the pressure on them will be enormous in game 6. At this point, the Leafs don't have any pressure because everyone expects them to lose, which is probably why they will win. This team thrives in low-pressure situations.

Reactions: bax

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
It is amazing how a single team can inspire so much apathy from their own fans. But this is exactly what this Leafs team continues to do year in and year out.

I don't care about excuses. I don't care about the boo-hoo's at the end of the season. It's shit or get off the potty time.

I've spent far too long defending this core group of players, and I am no longer willing to do it anymore. Win 3 straight games, or this core group needs to be blown up . It's really that simple. In fact, I would stage it exactly that way to the players themselves. If there really is this "brotherhood and comradery" that we've been gas lit into believing, then there should be no reason why this group wouldn't fight for their lives to preserve it.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
They've been running their F3 so high in the offensive zone in this series - it means they aren't creating much 5on5, but it has completely neutralized the Leafs' ability to create anything on the rush.

Can probably count on one hand the number of odd-man rush opportunities that they've had this series as a result - Knies' goal in Game 3 is basically the only high danger rush chance they've created.

They are perfectly content just sitting in their shape, being patient, and pounding the Leafs when they make mistakes or give up a stupid penalty.

ES goals this series: Boston 7-6.
Powerplay goals this series: NOT 7-6

Reactions: ACC1224

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
It is amazing how a single team can inspire so much apathy from their own fans. But this is exactly what this Leafs team continues to do year in and year out.

I don't care about excuses. I don't care about the boo-hoo's at the end of the season. It's shit or get off the potty time.

I've spent far too long defending this core group of players, and I am no longer willing to do it anymore. Win 3 straight games, or this core group needs to be blown up . It's really that simple. In fact, I would stage it exactly that way to the players themselves. If there really is this "brotherhood and comradery" that we've been gas lit into believing, then there should be no reason why this group wouldn't fight for their lives to preserve it.
With the NMC's the ultimatum is hollow.

Reactions: myleafs

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
They've been running their F3 so high in the offensive zone in this series - it means they aren't creating much 5on5, but it has completely neutralized the Leafs' ability to create anything on the rush.

Can probably count on one hand the number of odd-man rush opportunities that they've had this series as a result - Knies' goal in Game 3 is basically the only high danger rush chance they've created.

They are perfectly content just sitting in their shape, being patient, and pounding the Leafs when they make mistakes or give up a stupid penalty.

ES goals this series: Boston 7-6.
Powerplay goals this series: NOT 7-6
I don't know what the heck happened to our rush chances. I swear to god we skate in carrying the puck, turn around at the blue line and wait for Boston's D to get set up and don't end the play with a shot on net.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
So exactly like last game then? Yea, I could see that happening for sure.

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
To be honest, I don't even feel like this team can live up to the prior miserable teams. We would normally expect them to give us hope here and lose game 7; but, the implosion has been too much here. The only bonus will be clearing house and fixing the critical flaw in the structure of this team... if Tre stays away from his dark voices.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
With the NMC's the ultimatum is hollow.
I dunno ACC, I thought the same, but at this point if you're Marner and you're hated by so many in your hometown, the media is constantly on you and then management potentially wants you gone as well if they're looking to make changes, I would think there would be at least be an openness on his end to seek out a fresh start as well. He is a human being after all, there is only so much a man can take. A lot of people don't want to stay somewhere where they are not wanted and subject to constant vitriol.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I dunno ACC, I thought the same, but at this point if you're Marner and you're hated by so many in your hometown, the media is constantly on you and then management potentially wants you gone as well if they're looking to make changes, I would think there would be at least be an openness on his end to seek out a fresh start as well. He is a human being after all, there is only so much a man can take. A lot of people don't want to stay somewhere where they are not wanted and subject to constant vitriol.

I wonder what kind of concession is needed by the owners in order to make no move/no trade clauses illegal in the next CBA. I guess it’s not a hill that is worth dying on for the owners. So many players get them, it's unreal. GMs are really stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad