Confirmed with Link: Bedard out with fractured jaw, Foligno with fractured finger - UPDATE Bedard appears to be back!

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
It's four weeks removed. His injury timeline is around 5-6 weeks returning to game action, last I checked. Pretty sure all of these similar injuries to NHL players involved them returning to game action like 5 weeks after surgery. I highly doubt he can reinjure it skating around taking wrist shots and tossing saucer passes at tiny nets.
There's only twelve guys in the skills competition this year.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Dead Meat

Apr 27, 2004
I'm fairly certain that Fantilli took a bad calf slicer or achilles rupture last night - bad break for him and Columbus

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I'm fairly certain that Fantilli took a bad calf slicer or achilles rupture last night - bad break for him and Columbus
Said he left the arena on crutches in a walking boot and was moving "gingerly" on his left leg. Probably not good, but doubtful it was a slice if he was wearing a walking boot. I would imagine he's not wearing a walking boot for a cut, but IDK.

Most these guys wear the kevlar cut-proof socks/base layer nowadays, so it's not something that is all that common anymore.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
On the weekend's HNIC telecast, Ron Maclean stated that Bedard would be out another 5 weeks. I was hoping he'd be a quicker healer. He must be itching to return - I think it will be sooner.

What a contrast to 1968 when Bobby Hull broke his jaw and returned after missing a single game. Hull scored 10 goals in the 6 weeks he had his jaw wired shut and lost quite a bit of weight. He also fought Jean Ferguson 10 days after returning while wearing his football-style face protection..... (not trying to start anything, just saying, so please don't anyone get their shorts in a knot :).

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
On the weekend's HNIC telecast, Ron Maclean stated that Bedard would be out another 5 weeks. I was hoping he'd be a quicker healer. He must be itching to return - I think it will be sooner.

What a contrast to 1968 when Bobby Hull broke his jaw and returned after missing a single game. Hull scored 10 goals in the 6 weeks he had his jaw wired shut and lost quite a bit of weight. He also fought Jean Ferguson 10 days after returning while wearing his football-style face protection..... (not trying to start anything, just saying, so please don't anyone get their shorts in a knot :).

Pretty sure he's just basing that off the initial "timetable" given for the injury of 6-8 weeks recovery. Not necessarily based upon some kind of inside info he has on Bedard.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary

:sarcasm:

Reactions: Drumman44

Dead Meat

Apr 27, 2004

To be fair Hull had a significant pain suppression advantage because he was a raging alcoholic...

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
I also don't doubt that Bedard would be trying to play now if the team would let him (a risk they are wisely not going to take with their 18-year old franchise player in a completely lost season)

f***ing awful for Fantilli by the way. Really sucks that all of Bedard, Carlsson and Fantilli have had significant injuries cutting into exciting rookie years.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
He's lost alot of weight. You can tell my his face/jaw line being more defined. I wonder how much weight he lost after his injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00