Confirmed with Link: Bedard out with fractured jaw, Foligno with fractured finger - UPDATE Bedard appears to be back!

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Just heard that Foligno has been extended for 2 more years!

BE1E7B89-2E90-4D24-9108-656B184B0AD1.gif

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
He broke his jaw. Him skating is nothing.
Yeah, I said when we found out he broke it that I wouldn't be shocked if he's on the ice for All Star weekend 4 weeks after the injury(which may be why we still haven't had a replacement announcement). Not necessarily in the game, but in attendance, and maybe doing the skills stuff. Because a jaw injury doesn't really impact you on the ice outside of not wanting to take physical contact with it.

Reactions: Dead Meat

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
I don't know .. I wouldn't think the Hawks would want Bedard taking part in any skills competitions either. The clenching thing is a thing in that exerting the body and contracting and clenching different muscles will increase blood flow and push things a little too much. Perhaps it's best to keep to just skating for the duration. Better safe than sorry.

Reactions: Muffinalt

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I don't know .. I wouldn't think the Hawks would want Bedard taking part in any skills competitions either. The clenching thing is a thing in that exerting the body and contracting and clenching different muscles will increase blood flow and push things a little too much. Perhaps it's best to keep to just skating for the duration. Better safe than sorry.
It's four weeks removed. His injury timeline is around 5-6 weeks returning to game action, last I checked. Pretty sure all of these similar injuries to NHL players involved them returning to game action like 5 weeks after surgery. I highly doubt he can reinjure it skating around taking wrist shots and tossing saucer passes at tiny nets.

Reactions: Pez68 and crazyhawk

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
It's four weeks removed. His injury timeline is around 5-6 weeks returning to game action last I checked. I highly doubt he can reinjure it skating around taking wrist shots and tossing saucer passes at tiny nets.
You're probably right but why risk the potential of prolonging his recovery?
Also if another player is going in for him than they should be doing the skills competitions .. no?

Reactions: Stephane Lalancette

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
You're probably right but why risk the potential of prolonging his recovery?
Also if another player is going in for him than they should be doing the skills competitions .. no?
Hence why I mentioned that the Hawks haven't announced a replacement for him, yet. They're likely going to wait it out as long as possible to see if he's able to participate. The NHL obviously wants him there too.

And if there is really no risk to prolonging his recovery, they aren't going to keep him out. If a doc says "you can't do any damage by taking part in this," then I imagine he's going to participate.

Again, I think multiple players have returned to actual game action(with a jaw shield) in as little as 5 weeks. If he's a week away from actual NHL contact in games, then what would it hurt for him to be on the ice for all-star weekend?

I don't care either way. I rarely ever watch it. I'm just saying that skating around and taking wrist shots isn't going to be detrimental to his recovery. If the Hawks were concerned about that, he wouldn't be on the ice already doing just that.

Reactions: LavalPhantom

Dead Meat

Apr 27, 2004
I want him at the game even if it's to feed the one time competition with passes - he deserves it more than anybody on the team.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad