Confirmed with Link: Bedard out with fractured jaw, Foligno with fractured finger - UPDATE Bedard appears to be back!

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
My thinking is maybe he
is back for the Detroit game on Feb 25th..still leaves 24 games on the schedule for him to mess up our race to last place in the Tank Battle with SJ...

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
My thinking is maybe he
is back for the Detroit game on Feb 25th..still leaves 24 games on the schedule for him to mess up our race to last place in the Tank Battle with SJ...
Not liking this predicition. Bedard has to be back by the 19th against the Hurricanes. Otherwise my kids (or me) will not be able to see him live this year.

scorehawks

Feb 13, 2021
Bedard likely ready a week ago and only remains out to fuel the tank. So short term pain for long term gain. Nevertheless, such BS.

• Haha
Reactions: ChiHawks10

scorehawks

Feb 13, 2021
If that were true, he likely wouldn't still be practicing in a no contact jersey.
There is no reason to rush him back. Season lost shortly after it started. But I would bet you dimes to dollars if the Hawks were playing any meaningful games, he would be back now. Dr's tend to be conservative as to return to work/play date.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
There is no reason to rush him back. Season lost shortly after it started. But I would bet you dimes to dollars if the Hawks were playing any meaningful games, he would be back now. Dr's tend to be conservative as to return to work/play date.
It'll be 5 weeks tomorrow, they said recovery would be 6-8 weeks. My guess is either Wednesday 2/21 against the Flyers, Friday 2/23 against Winnipeg or Sunday 2/25 against Detroit.

ytsejam

May 15, 2023
I'll be at the game on the 23rd for my birthday! Hope he's back but me and my homeboy will be super high either way!
Rawr!

Reactions: Mrfenn92

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
can't wait to find out how much positive this will bring to Bedards game in the long term...Just imagine that he is getting to see all the games from the press box and seeing it from that perspective will NO doubt improve his game moving forward...

With super cerebral players, they will no doubt gain so much from seeing that and it may prove a benefit especially with such a young man

Reactions: crazyhawk

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Hey now, Faber's a damn good player. Wish we had a blueliner like him.

His fans pushing for him with arguments that essentially boil down to anyone that doesn't watch every second of his ice time aren't qualified to say that another rookie is having a better year than him are a tad much, though.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Hey now, Faber's a damn good player. Wish we had a blueliner like him.

His fans pushing for him with arguments that essentially boil down to anyone that doesn't watch every second of his ice time aren't qualified to say that another rookie is having a better year than him are a tad much, though.
He is a good player and we really need young RHDs for the future; I'd love it if he was here. But his fans have been cocky in that main boards thread for a long while now, longer than Bedard has been out.

I want to see Bedard play his best hockey to close out the season and see those fans try to save face.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014

Last time Bedard wore the fish bowl was in the WJC.... and he dominated... can't wait.

Yep.

We all used to talk about how much better Saad was whenever he'd have the fishbowl, but that'll pale in comparison to what Bedard will do with one.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I think it'll get there eventually.

It just blows my mind, because they wear them their entire lives. Then we get to the pros and ....let's not protect our face anymore.

There are idiots in beer league who don't wear a full cage/shield too, which is even more bewildering. Usually takes their face getting destroyed by a puck to put one on. I know 4 such people. Just dumb.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00