OT: Bears & NFL Talk 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
A potential bigger issue than what coordinators would want to work for the Bears (again, looking at last year with Bieniemy I think that's overblown) is the issue of the Bears hiring good coordinators. Eberflus's two coordinators weren't exactly successful, even before the DC got let go to "spend more time with his family".

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Astounding that Frank Reich's name is being circulated. He JUST had what can only be described as a catastrophic failure with the 1st overall pick this season.

Reactions: hawksrule

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I really dislike the sports media's tendency for podcasts that consist of one person who thinks before they speak, coupled with one or more people who seemingly is just there for hot takes and stupidity.
AKA Carm and Braggs vs Hoge.

Astounding that Frank Reich's name is being circulated. He JUST had what can only be described as a catastrophic failure with the 1st overall pick this season.
Guess depends on if you think he actually wanted Stroud lol.

Reactions: Romang67

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
If you got to choose, would you go for an OC who hasn't been calling plays (e.g. Frank Smith), a coach lower in the offensive hierarchy but from a historically good coaching tree (e.g. Kubiak from the 9ers), or a person with play calling experience (e.g. Reich)?

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Preview of the Bears press conference:

3xroe3.png

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Existed?

The fact that an assistant TE coach actually does exist is hilarious. There's like 2 TEs on any given team... wtf do you need an assistant coach to the TE coach for? :laugh:
Most teams run 3 TE, but I agree, any position group with 3 or less on the 53 man roster does not need an assistant position coach.

I get to for the Secondary, LB, DL, OL, and WR.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Yet Bryce Young probably regressed further after Reich was canned. They finished the season with back to back shutouts. And of course everyone says he wanted CJ Stroud. I recall that being the rumor/expectatioon when the trade went down.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Yet Bryce Young probably regressed further after Reich was canned. They finished the season with back to back shutouts. And of course everyone says he wanted CJ Stroud. I recall that being the rumor/expectatioon when the trade went down.
Still, I just can't see anyone immediately turning around and giving him a chance with another #1 overall pick. And it wasn't just Young, his offense in general was dreadful. The receivers got no separation and he kept trotting out an awful Sanders in the running game.

I watched way too many Panthers games this season to be okay with Reich on OC, even if he hadn't just failed to get anything out of a #1 overall pick.

Reactions: Pez68 and Sarava

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
What OC. will take a role with a lame duck head coach? The Bears won’t get the pick of the litter with this approach

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
3pm press conference, for the record. I can't imagine anything interesting coming out of it, but I hope someone asks the question why anyone should have any faith in a HC who has had 7 coaches under him let go in his second year on the job.

Reactions: TLEH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad