OT: Bears & NFL Talk 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
They are losing to the Packers and Jags, it really just comes down the SOS and that TB game.
I wish I could be as confident as you are. A few weeks ago the Packer game looked like an easy loss for Carolina. But the Packers have been truly awful the last 2 games. They lost to one of the worst teams in football in the Giants, then lost by 2 touchdowns at home to a mediocre Tampa Bay team.

Earlier in the season the Packers had a really good defense. Not sure what happened there.

For what little it's worth, the Thursday game where the Saints lost to the Rams - that game put Carolina back in the lead for SOS, so that part is a little helpful.

Reactions: Idionym

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
Is the Bills vs Chargers live game actually only on Peacock???? It's not listed as being on my local NBC but is on the NFL Network time delayed starting at 11pm. Glad I don't really care about those two teams or the game. Just don't like the thought of having to get Peacock in order to watch NFL.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Is Trubisky at this rate going to be in the NFL next year? Who is going to keep him on as a backup?

Reactions: Pez68

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Browningception 3.0

Was nice story while it lasted

Any team that brings him in to be #1 would be fools

Is the Bills vs Chargers live game actually only on Peacock???? It's not listed as being on my local NBC but is on the NFL Network time delayed starting at 11pm. Glad I don't really care about those two teams or the game. Just don't like the thought of having to get Peacock in order to watch NFL.

Yep, its Peacock exclusive BS with more probably being available to them in coming years to try and strong-arm people into buying another shitty streaming service.

At least most people have Amazon Prime as part of Amazon membership and you get TNF for whole season with that one so it's worth it.

Going out of way to get Peacock is not

Reactions: plasmonresonance

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Merry Christmas Eve everybody! Let's hope for some good games!

Carolina - at a glance that pick cannot be worse than #9. With a loss to Green Bay today, that would clinch the pick as no worse than #4 - and would eliminate the Bears own pick from any chance at being #1.

With a GB win and Washington winning at the Jets (it's possible, as the Jets suck) - that would clinch a top #3 pick from Carolina. I think we all agree top 3 is the initial key - which guarantees you one of the top QB's or MHJ - assuming all 3 come out.

Justin Fields - he goes from facing the #1 defense, to one of the worst. He will probably have one of his big games today. I expect a Bears win and Fields to re-ignite this big QB debate even further.

Finally - with some of the rumblings about Mike Tomlin possible replacing Flus in the off-season. I would be all for that - as long as they don't give up more than a 2nd round pick. His time in Pittsburgh seems to have run it's course, but that doesn't mean a move to a young team possibly on the cusp might not re-ignite him.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Finally - with some of the rumblings about Mike Tomlin possible replacing Flus in the off-season. I would be all for that - as long as they don't give up more than a 2nd round pick. His time in Pittsburgh seems to have run it's course, but that doesn't mean a move to a young team possibly on the cusp might not re-ignite him.

After the Claypool trade, I would not give Pittsburgh anything more than a 5th rounder.

Reactions: hawksrule

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I'm expecting the Panthers' run D to be worse today than last week since the passing game is a factor now that it's not a monsoon.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Packers TD. Panthers' run D leaking, opens up the play action offense. Hopefully this continues. Family obligations about to commence.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Packers took Aaron Jones out for a drive and would have ended with a punt had it not been for an awful RTP flag. Packers score a 53 yard field goal. 16-10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad