OT: Bears & NFL Talk 93

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL

If true...you'd think Carolina has to be one of them. The other is anyone's guess.

In the end, I suspect Houston and Indy might feel they'll get something staying where they are. The fortune may come from Carolina or someone else.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
I've been reading other team mb's and its interesting seeing them talk about moving on the Bears pick or not.

In general, most Colts and Texans fans seem to want to either stay put - or in the case of the Colts, move up to #3 and insure they at least get the 3rd best QB. A lot of their fans don't seem to think any of these QB's separate themselves form the next guy enough to spend the motherode to move up. That sai,d obviously fan opinion doesnt drive moves, but the GM and ownership.

When you move further down past the Colts, and those teams have a problem in knowing the Texans and Colts will select a QB. So they're almost in a position of trading up to the Bears #1 pick or they are screwed. Or maybe reach and take Richardson in the lower part of the top 10.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
I’ll put it out there now, I think the bears will trade back and it’ll be farther back then 4
Yeah I agree. When Poles was hired, he made it crystal clear he wants to accumulate draft picks.

In seeing other Bear fan opinions - most don't want the Bears to move down past 4, so they can get Carter or Anderson. I seem to be in the very slim minority in wanting to move way down.

My view is - if Poles has confidence in himself and his scouts, then trade down a lot further and get more picks back. Super Bowl winners are made from lots of 1st and 2nd round picks hitting. Give yourself a bunch of swings at the plate.

I think NBC Chicago or someone had a mock where the Bears trade down to #4, then trade down again to #9 to Carolina I would LOVE this.

Here's what it would do approximately. You'd probably pick up 2 2nds this year - one from Indy and one from Carolina. You'd get a 24 1st from each of them, so the Bears would be sitting on 3 1st rounders next year, and all 3 have a chance of being high picks. And even this year you'd pick #9 and have 3 2nd rounders. This would be setting up the Bears to assemble a loaded roster.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Are either Carter or Anderson considered in the same realm as Garrett, Bosa, etc. type defenders? Unless they are that special, then moving back further is probably the way to go if there is an offer on the table. Question becomes is whether or not teams truly covet a QB that much.

To go past the top 5, who is looking at QB?

LV - unless Davis is giving McDaniels another 2-3 years for sure, it make about the same sense it did for Chicago to deal for Fields and then fire Nagy a year later. Better to mesh QB to HC than find a HC to match a 2nd year QB.

ATL - Smith has had success with Tannehill in the past. Could see them reunite. Not sure I see them trading up.

CAR - No clue what Reich is looking at. But, they must have agreed to a plan of what they would like to do at QB

Ten - They didn't seem happy with Willis as they let Dobbs who was from another team play down the stretch. Vrabel, I assume is more than safe at HC. Fired their OC, so who would they trust to develop a QB.

Was - probably doesn't make sense if Synder is going to sell the team. Thus Rivera might be gone in a year. So, drafting a QB and giving up assets doesn't make sense organizationally.

Jets - need to go veteran.

TB - I think they go veteran.

The NFC South is completely wide open given the QB situation. The team that gets a solid veteran probably takes the division for the next couple of seasons.

Reactions: Sarava

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Carter and Anderson both could be stars. I think Anderson has been comped to Von Miller. Carter could be the Tommie Harris or Warren Sapp of the Bears defense.

But they have warts too. Carter is known to take plays and stretches off. He did not look like a game wrecker in either of their 2 playoff games last month. And there's been stuff said about his attitude. He does have the physical tools where if the NFL can instill a stronger work ethic in him, he could be a game wrecker. Carter has the highest ceiling in the draft for sure. Anderson - really the only question is if he's undersized for the NFL. Last I heard he is 242. He will bulk up, but how will that translate?

And this is why I am so pro for trading down. I'd rather put the Bears eggs in a bunch of baskets instead of just Carter or Anderson's basket. I'm willing to gamble that the Bears will find stars with picks lower than top 3 or 4 in the draft.

And for QB's - I think its been said 12 teams are likely looking for QB's. Some will want vets. Carr will land somewhere. Rodgers may go to Vegas or the Jets. But many will want young QB's. And I think the Colts, Panthers and Texans are all locks for wanting a young QB. Frank Reich just spent 4+ years in Indy where retred QB after retred QB failed him. Everyone expects he will push Carolina to grab one in the draft. If I had to guess right now - I'd guess Carolina will ultimately use pick #1 in the draft.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Carter and Anderson both could be stars. I think Anderson has been comped to Von Miller. Carter could be the Tommie Harris or Warren Sapp of the Bears defense.

But they have warts too. Carter is known to take plays and stretches off. He did not look like a game wrecker in either of their 2 playoff games last month. And there's been stuff said about his attitude. He does have the physical tools where if the NFL can instill a stronger work ethic in him, he could be a game wrecker. Carter has the highest ceiling in the draft for sure. Anderson - really the only question is if he's undersized for the NFL. Last I heard he is 242. He will bulk up, but how will that translate?

And this is why I am so pro for trading down. I'd rather put the Bears eggs in a bunch of baskets instead of just Carter or Anderson's basket. I'm willing to gamble that the Bears will find stars with picks lower than top 3 or 4 in the draft.

And for QB's - I think its been said 12 teams are likely looking for QB's. Some will want vets. Carr will land somewhere. Rodgers may go to Vegas or the Jets. But many will want young QB's. And I think the Colts, Panthers and Texans are all locks for wanting a young QB. Frank Reich just spent 4+ years in Indy where retred QB after retred QB failed him. Everyone expects he will push Carolina to grab one in the draft. If I had to guess right now - I'd guess Carolina will ultimately use pick #1 in the draft.
Anderson is built more like TJ Watt so he seems more like a 3-4 OLB Scheme guy than a 4-3 DE. But majority of D run a 4-3 scheme in the nfl.

You just never know with prospects. Donald, Watt, Cox, went after pick 10 and have been among the best DL over the past decade in the nfl. And plenty of DL drafted top 5 haven’t lived up to that billing either.

Carolina is probably the biggest wildcard of the teams looking for QB.

Per reports, Raiders have given Carr permission to speak with the few clubs they have agreed to terms with in a trade. Now up to Carr to decide which one he wants and likely includes a new contract for him.

More clarity will come once the free agents sign and you see who is left without a QB.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Anderson is built more like TJ Watt so he seems more like a 3-4 OLB Scheme guy than a 4-3 DE. But majority of D run a 4-3 scheme in the nfl.

You just never know with prospects. Donald, Watt, Cox, went after pick 10 and have been among the best DL over the past decade in the nfl. And plenty of DL drafted top 5 haven’t lived up to that billing either.

Carolina is probably the biggest wildcard of the teams looking for QB.

Per reports, Raiders have given Carr permission to speak with the few clubs they have agreed to terms with in a trade. Now up to Carr to decide which one he wants and likely includes a new contract for him.

More clarity will come once the free agents sign and you see who is left without a QB.
The key is knowing which QB a few of those teams want. If Texas sends #2 (PLUS) to the Bears for #1. I want to then have a team that wants one of the other QB’s to trade assets for pick #2..
If the teams are all near the top you can do that a 3rd time.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
The key is knowing which QB a few of those teams want. If Texas sends #2 (PLUS) to the Bears for #1. I want to then have a team that wants one of the other QB’s to trade assets for pick #2..
If the teams are all near the top you can do that a 3rd time.
One of the reports was that the Titans were one of the teams inquiring about the Bears #1 pick. If you can get Houston and Indy to believe that...all 3 of them are in the same division and you could have a big circle jerk of jockeying for which QB each team in that division gets. That said, I don't think the Titans have the capital to move on the Bears pick at #1.

Say Hey Kid

Baby, you can drive Makar
Dec 10, 2007
ATL

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Chiefs win

Reid outcoached the Eagles coach badly in 2nd half

Mahomes is f***ing amazing

Reid/Mahomes turning the Chiefs around is something I wish we would see in Chicago someday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad