OT: Bears & NFL Talk 93

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
That was a dive 58 barely touched Mahomes. The Refs absolutely cannot make that call in that situation. Mahomes with the Oscar.

This is the shit that gets the conspiracy theorists rolling.

No reason to cut a guy over a horseshit call.

That was about as obvious of a flop as there has ever been.

Anyone other than Mahomes or Brady doesn't get that call.

Both his feet were out of bounds. He has to pull up on the play. It can easily be argued that if he had pulled up, he wouldn't have gotten injured, also. He clearly put a forearm in the back of Mahomes while he was completely out of bounds. Yet another one of your awful takes...

It's a penalty. If it was missed in other games, or not, is irrelevant to the discussion.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
That was a dive 58 barely touched Mahomes. The Refs absolutely cannot make that call in that situation. Mahomes with the Oscar.

This is the shit that gets the conspiracy theorists rolling.

No reason to cut a guy over a horseshit call.

That was about as obvious of a flop as there has ever been.

Anyone other than Mahomes or Brady doesn't get that call.

Every time I think I have seen your worst sports take EVER, you shock me again. Holy shit.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Bengals made 3 glaring mistakes in the final 2 minutes.

1) 2nd down play coming-out of the 2 minute warning they throw a short safe pass to the TE and he ends up going out of bounds vs remain in bounds, opposite of Schultz last week. Cin was inside their 15 and KC no no TO left. Can’t risk punting it back to KC with too much time left if they don’t convert the third down. That’s 20 seconds on the clock that should have been run off there. Only after you pick Ip the first first down would you pick Ip the pace. Especially when your OL is getting beaten badly by the KC front. KC might have only gotten the ball back with 10-15 seconds left.

2) no directional punt? Kicks it to the returner in the middle of the field? Where is the coaching there?

3) the late hit

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Lol. I remember the olden days, where I would argue something into the ground, and of course no minds would be changed. Now I'm most likely to just make my point and move on.
But the olden days to you is pre TV.

For the record I agree with KBS. It wasn’t a “hit”. It only gets called for a few QB’s.

Start calling QB’s (or punters) for unsportsmanlike when they act like they took a bullet from the grassy knoll whenever touched.
It was (at best) a questionable call.
Questionable because the call gets made only “some” of the time.
The official picked the games winner.

Of course that’s just my opinion and I could be wrong.

I've lost track of most of them, Jimmy is still active on the 300 Level board. We stay in touch.
The 300 Level still exists?

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
But the olden days to you is pre TV.

For the record I agree with KBS. It wasn’t a “hit”. It only gets called for a few QB’s.

Start calling QB’s (or punters) for unsportsmanlike when they act like they took a bullet from the grassy knoll whenever touched.
It was (at best) a questionable call.
Questionable because the call gets made only “some” of the time.
The official picked the games winner.

Of course that’s just my opinion and I could be wrong.

The 300 Level still exists?
We'll have to agree to disagree. To me, that's a penalty no matter who pushes, or who getss pushed.

Yeah, the 300 Level still lives.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Broncos have given up so much draft capital that if Wilson is indeed cooked, they are f***ed

Payton going to Denver here is interesting. If he has a disastrous stint here that will hurt his legacy

Crow

May 19, 2014
A first round pick, second round pick for a third?

wow. I wish I could bet against the broncos future

Reactions: Idionym

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
300 level/S.H.I.T./BHZ was great for so many years, but it derailed after the 2010 cup win

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
Absolutely insane to give up a 1st and a 2nd when you finished 5th to last in the standings this year and don't even get to use that pick. Broncos need to pray to every deity out there that Russ turns it around, because between only like $10 mil in cap space this offseason and your first pick being #66, that's literally your only chance for this not to become a years-long disaster. Broncos are now easily the worst positioned team in the league long-term, even with an elite coach.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012

Looks like he's done for good this time. Took him losing his wife to finally say enough is enough. Retired exactly a year to this day last year too

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Absolutely insane to give up a 1st and a 2nd when you finished 5th to last in the standings this year and don't even get to use that pick. Broncos need to pray to every deity out there that Russ turns it around, because between only like $10 mil in cap space this offseason and your first pick being #66, that's literally your only chance for this not to become a years-long disaster. Broncos are now easily the worst positioned team in the league long-term, even with an elite coach.

Is Sean Payton coach or is he like Mike McCarthy in that he benefitted greatly by having a HOF career to coach?

For the sake of the argument, let's say Payton is an elite coach, trading assets for him after trading the farm for Wilson is a whole 'nother level stupid for Denver. If they were close to contending, I could buy the all-in but Denver is not even close to contending. Throw in the fact he is now in the same division as Mahomes and Herbert, I don't see why DEN was interesting for Payton. Not to mention to recoup some of the assets they lost in the Wilson/Payton trades, DEN HAS to consider trading Jeudy and/or Surtain, which makes Payton's job in DEN even more difficult.

Outside of money, what made DEN the place to be for Payton? I don't see any positive about that situation. Money better be good.

Reactions: Idionym
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad