OT: Bears & NFL Talk 93

Status
Not open for further replies.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Well, what's worse... sudden and sharp disappointment or long-standing depression?

It's often said that it's better to lose a championship by a blowout than in a squeaker, as you have time to process the loss as it happens and can even get over it partially before it's over. Compare that to a sudden shock of a loss that can cause mental scarring, like Atlanta fans forever associating 28-3 with agony, or Philly fans complaining about reffing and the turf likely forever now.

Yes, being in contention is better than not being in contention, but a loss is a loss and a festering rebuild can be a lot more tolerable than late dissapointment (especially if it's repeated).

Sox were better than the Cubs last year, but I think it's pretty safe to assume that Cubs fans enjoyed the season more as we didn't have any expectations while the Sox fans did.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I can't stand when guys play the underdog angle all the time. Be self aware. You were a 2 star no one expected you to be in the NFL, whatever I get it. But then once you are there and established, you can stop using this fake chip all the time.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
I can't stand when guys play the underdog angle all the time. Be self aware. You were a 2 star no one expected you to be in the NFL, whatever I get it. But then once you are there and established, you can stop using this fake chip all the time.

Thurston Howell the Third, I mean Stetson Bennett did the same bullshit at the GA celebrationg. He claimed it was "GA .v. the World" and all the nonsense. The only other team (Ohio State did give GA a battle) that had a shot at beating GA this year was a team GA was not going to face and that was Bama. Stetson claimed people will picking aginst GA all year despite the fact that nobody was picking against GA this year.

There are legit underdogs and then their is faux underdogs and KC/GA was faux underdogs and Kelce and Bennett just prove they are douche bags.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
I don’t care how far the bears trade back this year. Trade back fives times. This team is so untalented they need a huge amount of assets to turn this thing around. Get 1st round picks next year from the colts, Texans and panthers. You know those teams will be picking in the top ten. Hell I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Texans picking number 1.

Don’t blow the bank on free agency either. Be smart as invest in key positions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad