OT: Bears & NFL Talk 93

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Kind of a weird mix of feelings going in to today. This team massively needs a high pick to help this rebuild. But you hate losing to the Packers. I saw one article where the Bears could fall from #2 to #9 in the projected draft pick if they win and other things fall the wrong way. It sounds like the Bears are going to lose most tiebreakers for the draft pick?

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Kind of a weird mix of feelings going in to today. This team massively needs a high pick to help this rebuild. But you hate losing to the Packers. I saw one article where the Bears could fall from #2 to #9 in the projected draft pick if they win and other things fall the wrong way. It sounds like the Bears are going to lose most tiebreakers for the draft pick?
But on the other hand, f*** the Packers

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Players don’t tank. They are playing for jobs. If they aren’t part of the future here they have to impress a GM somewhere else.
Managements tank. It surprises me that they will let Field’s play. With the bye next week sitting him even if healthy “enough” to play would have been justifiable.
I almost feel like management believes beating the Packers now would do more positive to the mental future of the team than the higher draft pick.
My hope (I think) is that they neuter Fields again like they did at the start of the season.
Get work on his reads and check downs but throw it away if nothing is there rather than running.
Of course I also hope they beat the Packers by 30 and screw the draft pick.

Reactions: MarotteMarauder

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Players don’t tank. They are playing for jobs. If they aren’t part of the future here they have to impress a GM somewhere else.
Managements tank. It surprises me that they will let Field’s play. With the bye next week sitting him even if healthy “enough” to play would have been justifiable.
I almost feel like management believes beating the Packers now would do more positive to the mental future of the team than the higher draft pick.
My hope (I think) is that they neuter Fields again like they did at the start of the season.
Get work on his reads and check downs but throw it away if nothing is there rather than running.
Of course I also hope they beat the Packers by 30 and screw the draft pick.
How'd that work out for them in 1997 and 1998?

Instead of Peyton Manning or Donovan McNabb,
They got Curtis Enis and Cade McNown.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
This line of conversation on this topic is weird. There's still 4 other games left. Its full of Acting like this is the final game and draft spots are set in stone and reactions and changes don't occur in a season.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
How'd that work out for them in 1997 and 1998?

Instead of Peyton Manning or Donovan McNabb,
They got Curtis Enis and Cade McNown.
1st, you know I’m pro tank. But the comparison you make in its simplest form is flawed.
There were plenty of good players chosen after Enis and the entire NFL world was in open debate deciding between Manning and Leaf.
You can’t do that history revision in a vacuum.

I’m all for losing, ending up 2nd and trading it for a haul. The higher up you pick the less chance for error but for every Manning there is a Ryan Leaf.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
1st, you know I’m pro tank. But the comparison you make in its simplest form is flawed.
There were plenty of good players chosen after Enis and the entire NFL world was in open debate deciding between Manning and Leaf.
You can’t do that history revision in a vacuum.

I’m all for losing, ending up 2nd and trading it for a haul. The higher up you pick the less chance for error but for every Manning there is a Ryan Leaf.
That's true. The Bears could have stayed put in 99 and picked Culpepper like the entire city wanted them to.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
The only way the Bears win is because of Packers ineptitude. The Bears have 1 starter in the secondary.

Fields being healthy enough is no measure to what should be a 40 pt game from even a old washed up Rodgers

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
I get the hatred for GB - I've been a diehard Bears fan since the 60's and can't stand that cheese head team and especially can't stand their QB - but my ideal outcome for the game today is the same as it has been all season long - good game by Fields but they lose.

Packers 37 - Bears 28

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Kenny Clark is a beast

Good starting drive. But gonna be hard to win kicking field goals when other teams score touchdowns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad