OT: Bears & NFL Talk 90

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Eberflus said Jenkins is working with the trainers about something but he wouldn't specify what the issue was. He also said if that 'something' was going to be long lasting, he'd say what the issue was.
That's how it started last year, too.

At least Poles is against drafting and signing injured players. That's already a huge improvement over the moron Pace.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Urban meyer got fired months ago....

Ok

Same shit owner

And as much as Virginia and her clan are idiots and terrible with Jags the owner meddles and wants to be center of attention too often

If your Jerry Jones and have had success even if ancient history, you can do that shit especially when for all his faults no one has ever accused Jones of not trying to build a winning team

When your f***ing owning a team so lowly regarded that NFL wishes it would move to London and have never won anything its best to stay in shadows and just keep quiet

Last edited:

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
And? The also hired Urban Meyer in the first place. I don't want that Orlando Breakers knock off in Chicago.
He was highly successful in college. It didn't work out in a big way obviously and they cut bait. Cant blame them for trying.

Speculation running wild that Teven Jenkins is hurt yet again.
Isn't there rumblings that Jenkins isn't meshing with the new coaching staff? He seems like a candidate to be traded or released.

Ok

Same shit owner

And as much as Virginia and her clan are idiots and terrible with Jags the owner meddles and wants to be center of attention too often

If your Jerry Jones and have had success even if ancient history, you can do that shit especially when for all his faults no one has ever accused Jones of not trying to build a winning team

When your f***ing owning a team so lowly regarded that NFL wishes it would move to London and have never won anything its best to stay in shadows and just keep quiet
Personally I would be happy to have them come here. Though I think the Bears would need to sign off on it, which I'm not sure they'd do. Maybe in exchange for waving that 80 mil penalty for leaving the lease early?

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
And? The also hired Urban Meyer in the first place. I don't want that Orlando Breakers knock off in Chicago.
And? Meyer is a highly successful coach. In fact he's one of the only guys who've won a NC at two different schools. Hiring him wasn't some crazy move and they fired him when it went off the rails....

Reactions: Sarava

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
The problem with the Jags is the stadium. The Bears need to sign off on it. I could see that happening, via waving the 80 mil penalty, plus the NFL pressuring them and using the money they give to the Bears for the stadium as an incentive.

But what about the stadium? If the Bears are already building a potential dome or retractable dome, there's no way throwing a dome over or around Soldier Field can compete with that. The location is terrible compared to Arlington Heights, plus the facility will surely have a lower capacity. You might actually find the Jags wanting to share the new Bears stadium before playing in a revamped Soldier Field.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014

I didn't think there was any way it'd come in at fewer than 8 games, pretty unbelievable.

Either you think he did nothing wrong, in which case it's 0 games, or you think he did, in which case you gave him 6 games for sexually assaulting dozens of women.

I do really wonder if Goddell steps in and increases it.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I didn't think there was any way it'd come in at fewer than 8 games, pretty unbelievable.

Either you think he did nothing wrong, in which case it's 0 games, or you think he did, in which case you gave him 6 games for sexually assaulting dozens of women.

I do really wonder if Goddell steps in and increases it.

Not a chance. They want this mess behind them.

Should have been at least a year.

Meanwhile Calvin Ridley does get an entire year for playing a parlay on FanDuel. Watson keeps his entire $44M bonus.

Unreal.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Just nuts to me Watson’s base salary this year is $690k so for his 6 game suspension I think he only misses out on like $250k of pay since it’s all bonus. Next 4 years after this one his base salary sky rockets to $46M each year.

Just scummy stuff and you know that structured that for when he was suspended he still got paid.

Reactions: Ace Rothstein

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Just nuts to me Watson’s base salary this year is $690k so for his 6 game suspension I think he only misses out on like $250k of pay since it’s all bonus. Next 4 years after this one his base salary sky rockets to $46M each year.

Just scummy stuff and you know that structured that for when he was suspended he still got paid.
Didnt he get paid in full for last season despite not playing? Wild

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Well, I'll now be rooting actively against the Browns going forward. I mean, I was probably going to anyway with Watson on the roster, but especially now moreso thanks to that pathetic suspension.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
And? Meyer is a highly successful coach. In fact he's one of the only guys who've won a NC at two different schools. Hiring him wasn't some crazy move and they fired him when it went off the rails....
If I remember correctly a lot of people were scratching their heads about Jax hiring him. Mainly because it did not work with Holtz, Spurrier, or even the GOAT of College Football Nick Saban. So his hiring was not a slam dunk homerun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad