OT: Bears & NFL Talk 90

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
As a Bears fan I feel like I’d give up watching football or cheering for a specific team before I’d root for a non-Bears Chicago based team.
I'd jump immediately. The Bears are a terrible organization.

Cleveland is the only city that has worse ownership than Chicago. All 5 teams owners suck. When teams have won, it's more of a blind squirrel finding a nut more than anything else. (Or inheriting quite possibly the best player in league history)

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois

Cleveland is the only city that has worse ownership than Chicago. All 5 teams owners suck. When teams have won, it's more of a blind squirrel finding a nut more than anything else. (Or inheriting quite possibly the best player in league history)
You change your mind on everything

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

This makes me laugh.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Never will stop being Bear fan

Hawks/Bears/Sox/Bulls for life

Though I dont care for Bulls much mainly because today's NBA is nearly unwatchable for most part with the super teams, constant traveling and whining, The refusal to allow teams to actually play defense, etc

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I wouldn’t jump either, but I’d have zero issue adopting a Chicago-based AFC squad as a secondary team. Where’s the harm in that?

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
The more I think about it, the more I think that the Bulls and Hawks won despite ownership/FO rather than because of them.

Krause and Bowman were exposed when they no longer had great players. Reinsdorf and Wirtz didn't help either.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Krause built the teams around Jordan

Jordan doesn't win shit if Krause isn't here IMO. The revisionist history on Krause is largely reflected on hatred from way dynasty

There is far too much blame of Krause for everything that went wrong and today efforts still exist to blame him for issues of recent managements

Reality was Krause was a good GM for most of his time in NBA the biggest mistakes he made were believing Floyd could coach NBA and the faith he put into Curry/Chandler as foundations to build on and trading Brand in process

• Haha
Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
I'm admittedly a pretty casual Bears fan. My NFL interest has long centered far more around fantasy and now gambling & pools than it does the team.

I've always figured I could easily root for a 2nd team, however, now that I'm in the NW suburbs I don't think I'd care about a 2nd team at Soldier Field if the Bears are only 25 minutes away.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Krause built the teams around Jordan

Jordan doesn't win shit if Krause isn't here IMO. The revisionist history on Krause is largely reflected on hatred from way dynasty

There is far too much blame of Krause for everything that went wrong and today efforts still exist to blame him for issues of recent managements

Reality was Krause was a good GM for most of his time in NBA the biggest mistakes he made were believing Floyd could coach NBA and the faith he put into Curry/Chandler as foundations to build on and trading Brand in process

Krause got screwed by rebuilding during some of the worst drafts in NBA history. His plan was solid, just had bad luck

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
962F3216-0EA5-4EA5-82C9-1C20F2D0A246.jpeg

@Guerzy

Reactions: clydesdale line

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Chicago could easily support another team. And to have an AFC team win the SB before the bears do would be a big middle finger to Bears management. Not sure they would ever care though.....

They could but they are not going to get a second team? I mean, serious what team is oh-so-anxious to move into the smallest, outdated stadium in the NFL? Nobody that's who. Lightfoot can go pound sand.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
...not sure how taking a team that went nowhere with nice weather & the tax advantage for hiring/signing talent would be better at likely winning a SB by being in Chicago

Reactions: Giovi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad