OT: Bears & NFL Talk 84

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Its been speculation Jones is guy for a while now ,, I cant see them not taking Jones there

Big rise for Jones up draft board (I had him pegged as late teens just a couple months ago)

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
If I’m Pace I’m not sure what I do here knowing that I’m likely on or very close to the hot seat. Drafting a QB might not be the best play for him if they don’t develop quick enough, Bears go 6-10, and he’s out of his job.

Offensive line probably makes the most sense.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
If I’m Pace I’m not sure what I do here knowing that I’m likely on or very close to the hot seat. Drafting a QB might not be the best play for him if they don’t develop quick enough, Bears go 6-10, and he’s out of his job.

Offensive line probably makes the most sense.

If Andy Dalton is your qb this season you’re going 6-10 and losing your job.

if they go 6-10 but the rookie qb looks good the last 4 games, you might survive

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
If Andy Dalton is your qb this season you’re going 6-10 and losing your job

Probably, no argument against that. Let’s assume Lawrence, Wilson, and Jones/Lance/Fields go 1-2-3.

Think any of those in the potential 3 spot that don’t go top 3 are good enough to jump in and save his job? I don’t.

Have a bad feeling he’s doing to do something real stupid come Thursday.

Reactions: Illinihockey

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
If I had to guess today, I'd say 8-9 or 7-10. Dalton isn't exiting at all, but I think it's basically a lateral move from what they had last year. On paper the schedule does look brutal, but I feel that never plays out quite like you think.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
If I had to guess today, I'd say 8-9 or 7-10. Dalton isn't exiting at all, but I think it's basically a lateral move from what they had last year. On paper the schedule does look brutal, but I feel that never plays out quite like you think.

He also had access to one of the best running backs in the league and some great to good receiving options in Cooper, Gallup, and Lamb.

Will really depend how our offensive line is when it comes to Dalton. At least Trubisky could use his legs to find some time before throwing a pass 10 feet over a WRs head. Dalton isn't mobile at all.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
bears need to trade up for fields...get it done and if it flops it flops but he has no business falling as far as he's projected to fall...enough with the patchwork at qb, go get a legit #1 prospect and be done with it

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
He also had access to one of the best running backs in the league and some great to good receiving options in Cooper, Gallup, and Lamb.

Will really depend how our offensive line is when it comes to Dalton. At least Trubisky could use his legs to find some time before throwing a pass 10 feet over a WRs head. Dalton isn't mobile at all.

Montgomery is just as good if not better than Zeke at this point. No argument on the receiving talent.

I don't think Dalton will be good, I just don't think he will be awful. And if the defense is still good (not a given), that will be good enough for them to be close to .500.

OLine needs help for sure.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Montgomery is just as good if not better than Zeke at this point. No argument on the receiving talent.

I don't think Dalton will be good, I just don't think he will be awful. And if the defense is still good (not a given), that will be good enough for them to be close to .500.

OLine needs help for sure.

Elliot in pure talent is in a tier above Montgomery.

I'm expecting Dalton to be awful, benched for Foles, then we realize he's even more awful, and back to Dalton.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
bears need to trade up for fields...get it done and if it flops it flops but he has no business falling as far as he's projected to fall...enough with the patchwork at qb, go get a legit #1 prospect and be done with it

he’s probably going to be the 5th qb taken. Moving up 5-7 spots or whatever and giving up a 1st round pick would be stupid

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Fields is far from legit #1 prospect

If he was he wouldn't be falling

There are legit issues with Fields including his tendency to not go beyond his 1st read , Questions about how quickly he makes decisions with ball and questions with accuracy of some of his throws mainly a result of poor mechanics

Also not something he can control but the fact he has epilepsy does carry concerns even if its currently under control thru medication and no evidence exists that playing football poses greater risk for triggering it at this point. But how many NFL QB's have had epilepsy? And the only studies are limited so naturally some NFL teams may be concerned about the unknown

Also our GM traded up to draft what he saw as a "Franchise QB" so not at all confident in his QB evaluation.. If he wants Fields and trades up there is no margin of error.. If Fields busts that will set back franchise further

At end of day the Bears not firing Pace has put franchise in horrible spot

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Fields is far from legit #1 prospect

If he was he wouldn't be falling

There are legit issues with Fields including his tendency to not go beyond his 1st read , Questions about how quickly he makes decisions with ball and questions with accuracy of some of his throws mainly a result of poor mechanics

Also not something he can control but the fact he has epilepsy does carry concerns even if its currently under control thru medication and no evidence exists that playing football poses greater risk for triggering it at this point. But how many NFL QB's have had epilepsy? And the only studies are limited so naturally some NFL teams may be concerned about the unknown

Also our GM traded up to draft what he saw as a "Franchise QB" so not at all confident in his QB evaluation.. If he wants Fields and trades up there is no margin of error.. If Fields busts that will set back franchise further

At end of day the Bears not firing Pace has put franchise in horrible spot

Trubisky and Fields are not even in the same category as far as college qbs go...Fields is more like Watson at this point as far as slipping down the board heading into the draft because of concerns...both won a ton in college and dominated on the biggest stage...

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Oh shit I just realized what is going to happen tonight. Fields is going to fall to 20 and the bears will pass on him to take a guy that becomes an average right tackle. Fields will go to a good team, sit a year and become a star

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Wait, not he is not.
Zeke was not very good last year. I fear he's already peaked.

Zeke
244 rush 979 yds 4.0 ypc 5 TD
52 rec 71 tgts 338 yds 6.5 avg 2 TD
6 fumbles 5 lost

Montgomery
247 rush 1071 yds 4.3 ypc 8 TD
54 rec 68 tgs 438 yds 8.1 avg 2 TD
1 Fumble 1 lost

Last edited:

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Zeke was not very good last year. I fear he's already peaked.

Zeke
244 rush 979 yds 4.0 ypc 5 TD
52 rec 71 tgts 338 yds 6.5 avg 2 TD
6 fumbles 5 lost

Montgomery
247 rush 1071 yds 4.3 ypc 8 TD
54 rec 68 tgs 438 yds 8.1 avg 2 TD
1 Fumble 1 lost

He had a down year no doubt but Montgomery doesn’t have a fraction of the pure talent he does.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
He had a down year no doubt but Montgomery doesn’t have a fraction of the pure talent he does.
Oh I agree with that and my original comment was qualified with "at this point". But I worry about Zeke slowing down.

Zeke YPC
2018 4.7
2019 4.5
2020 4.0

That's a concerning trend for a guy with his workload.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Oh I agree with that and my original comment was qualified with "at this point". But I worry about Zeke slowing down.

Zeke YPC
2018 4.7
2019 4.5
2020 4.0

That's a concerning trend for a guy with his workload.

Fair enough, but last year he also played most of the season with Dalton as his QB so that’s going to hurt his YPC too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad