OT: Bears & NFL Talk 84

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
The Bears have Dalton and Foles, and also drafted a QB... WTF are they going to do with Foles?

Foles and Dalton also both have guaranteed $ so cutting them is costly (Also cutting Dalton after just literally signing him and telling him he would be #1 would be bad look to FA's going forward)

Last edited:
Reactions: Pez68

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Do you guys think Fields will start as #1 so Pace and Nagy can save their jobs?

Save their jobs? Pace was just allowed to trade assets away for the 2nd time to move up and grab a QB. Pace is not going anywhere for a while and I think Nagy is here for a couple more years at least. I think Fields should start if they can protect him and he's got a firm grasp on the offense. Otherwise, you're just taking a chance at ruining the kid.

If I had to guess Dalton will start like the 1st six - those will be some boring games.

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
A surprise move.... to no one

I'm pretty surprised tbh. Leno is underwhelming but he's still a pretty cheap LT who is a replacement level starter who never misses a game. Rather have had Jenkins start at RT but clearly they think he can step in immediately, which is encouraging.

Why do you say that? Jenkins has never played the left, Borom is a 5th round rookie, not sure what their solution is for the spot. Ifedi at RT? ..

Ifedi at RT isn't bad, he was fine last year.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Wasn’t Leno like one of the worst at his position last year or am I remembering wrong?

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I'm pretty surprised tbh. Leno is underwhelming but he's still a pretty cheap LT who is a replacement level starter who never misses a game. Rather have had Jenkins start at RT but clearly they think he can step in immediately, which is encouraging.

Ifedi at RT isn't bad, he was fine last year.
After Paces comments and all thought it sounded pretty clear to come.

Jenkins also did play LT just much less so. Though from clips writing they showed he was a righty writing, so you do generally put dominate hands on the inside side.

And people were talking about likely cuts needed for cap. Cutting Hicks made no sense which some suggested, cutting Leno did

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
After Paces comments and all thought it sounded pretty clear to come.

Jenkins also did play LT just much less so. Though from clips writing they showed he was a righty writing, so you do generally put dominate hands on the inside side.

And people were talking about likely cuts needed for cap. Cutting Hicks made no sense which some suggested, cutting Leno did

I agree it makes sense, I guess I'm just more surprised they're cutting OL and not other positions, although I'm not sure we have a clear replacement anywhere else (like ILB if we cut Trevathan) that we do at T.

Say Hey Kid

Gonna get some albums by The Status Quo
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
The Packers O is so bad Rodgers is the reigning MVP. Rex Grossman has won as many NFC titles as Rodgers. Rodgers is a great regular season QB. He's also a baby and a whiner.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
This is dumb

Before his struggles last year Leno was a solid LT

When drafted everyone praised Jenkins as a stud RT so throwing him to LT as rookie is a big potential mistake

Also this leaves hole at RT still which was worse issue for Bears then LT IMO and we now have even less depth at T

Why did we need to release Leno at all? And it also raises question of if Bears were going to draft a T regardless in first round or 2nd round why was Leno not cut instead of Fuller earlier in offseason to save cap

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
This is dumb

Before his struggles last year Leno was a solid LT and Jenkins is not a fit for LT in NFL

When drafted everyone praised him as a stud RT

Also this leaves hole at RT still which was worse issue for Bears then LT IMO

Ifedi actaully was pretty good there

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Ifedi actaully was pretty good there

Ifedi looked better at guard and lets not forget he was pretty average/below average at RT for Seahawks thus why they didn't exercise 5th year option on him

A rookie LT and Ifedi at RT with little to no depth at position is not how Bears should go into year

I dont see reason to outright cut Leno when kid is unproven and our depth at position of tackle sucks

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Ifedi looked better at guard and lets not forget he was pretty average/below average at RT for Seahawks thus why they didn't exercise 5th year option on him

A rookie LT and Ifedi at RT with little to no depth at position is not how Bears should go into year

I dont see reason to outright cut Leno when kid is unproven and our depth at position of tackle sucks

The Bears let Floyd walk and look what he did. Leaving a team isn't a measuring stick for how a player played last season. Ifedi was fine, a serviceable right tackle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad