Bears & NFL Talk 70

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
They were not perfect and had mistakes they wish they could have back but the retirements of Hochuli , Triplette and others in recent years has not helped situation with regard to quality of officiating

NFL has lost a lot of experienced officials in recent years and the newer crops certainly has no shining stars at this point

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
I can’t post the link but check the NFLs officiate Twitter page with the packers win 5-1 tweet. 100% of the responses are absolutely destroying the NFL

Reactions: BrianE

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
They were not perfect and had mistakes they wish they could have back but the retirements of Hochuli , Triplette and others in recent years has not helped situation with regard to quality of officiating

NFL has lost a lot of experienced officials in recent years and the newer crops certainly has no shining stars at this point
The multi billion dollar industry needs to have a full time crew. Too much at stake. No more 60 year old lawyers doing weekend reffing.

Think about it. The refs are structured the same was as in recreational youth sports.

Regardless, wouldn’t change the outcome here. This was a fix pure and simple. GB 100th season and the NFL likes selling the folksy small town GB vibe and promoting it to offset the thug and criminal vibe happening throughout the league. The league has a PR problem and promoting GB is a strategy to offset it.

The tweet sent out by the NFL shortly after the game proves it.

I will accept no other explanation.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
The multi billion dollar industry needs to have a full time crew. Too much at stake. No more 60 year old lawyers doing weekend reffing.

Think about it. The refs are structured the same was as in recreational youth sports.
I'd rather have a sky judge adjusting calls on the fly.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
It really doesn't seem that inconceivable with today's technology and the fact that the game stops so often anyway. Let the on the field refs make the 50/50 calls like they normally do (things like holding, pass interference, etc.) and then have booth refs to overrule poor decisions. Give them a direct line to the refs mic so they can radio down the calls immediately.

Doesn't seem that hard or that time consuming.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
That makes sense and it must happen.

I get that refs make bad calls. When all of the bad calls go in the direction of one team - a team that the NFL wants to prop up - it goes past incompetence and goes to malfeasance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad