Bears & NFL Talk 70

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Brown having a pretty rough last 24 hours

Shouldn't have opened his mouth and fired up Vikes and clearly Philly wasn't happy with him for that nor his performance

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Heard a clip today stating Bears should go after O.J Howard, not a horrible idea since the Bears still do not have a TE worth a damn and Howard is not being utilized at all by Arians. I'm sure Tampa would want at least #2 or #1 picks which I would not part with. Maybe they get desperate.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Heard a clip today stating Bears should go after O.J Howard, not a horrible idea since the Bears still do not have a TE worth a damn and Howard is not being utilized at all by Arians. I'm sure Tampa would want at least #2 or #1 picks which I would not part with. Maybe they get desperate.

Bears don't even utilize the TE they do have, so why waste draft capital on another TE that won't use?

Reactions: Panzerspitze

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I think I read Bears TE’s have 15 or so targets on the year.

I looked after posting that and Burton has more targets and receptions than I’d have guessed. Albeit that’s still not made by, but it seems we hardly ever use him.

Maybe it seems that way because plays aren’t designed around him like last year and he’s basically a check down option?

Bedarded

meow
Mar 21, 2013
Saints D has been playing real well since Brees got hurt. I think mitch comes out firing and proves to the world why he was the #2 overall.

Saints 15
Bears 13
Between this and your Cutler takes, I can't tell if your trolling or what...
So basically you think Mitch is going to prove he is a franchise QB by getting 1 Offensive TD? Or 2 TD with a failed 2 pt conversion. While the saints score 1 TD, 2FG's and a Safety?:huh::huh:

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
I looked after posting that and Burton has more targets and receptions than I’d have guessed. Albeit that’s still not made by, but it seems we hardly ever use him.

Maybe it seems that way because plays aren’t designed around him like last year and he’s basically a check down option?

You would think the TE is a safer, easy option for Mitch or Chase. I’m not sure Burton is entirely healthy

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
You would think the TE is a safer, easy option for Mitch or Chase. I’m not sure Burton is entirely healthy
No kidding.

And yeah who knows. I haven’t noticed him enough on the field to have a guess one way or another, but maybe that’s all the more evidence to him being injured.

Although isn’t hernia recovery pretty cut and dry?

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
Turned the MNF game on right after the Hawks ended to see that blown call. NFL is unwatchable with the state of officiating, barely tuning in these days for non-Bears games.

Reactions: BrianE

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
People have been saying that the NFL and officials are slanted to prop up GB

The failure to call multiple holding calls against Mack in the opener proved the point.

Tonite absolutely down. Marvin Jones gets mugged. Then the phantom hands to the face to decide the game.

The NFL is an absolute joke.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Always say it was a bad move by so many fans and media caving about that replacement refs call. That's the one time there was a chance to strong arm Ref unions to make them actually have to work year round and find ways to stop these terrible call problems but it goes on with no solutions ever in sight.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Always say it was a bad move by so many fans and media caving about that replacement refs call. That's the one time there was a chance to strong arm Ref unions to make them actually have to work year round and find ways to stop these terrible call problems but it goes on with no solutions ever in sight.

I can’t chalk it up to bad officiating. That was a fix pure and simple.

the missed PI.

Then the two illegals hands calls on Flowers - who had never been called for one in his career. One on a 3rd and 5 sack. The other to end the game.

I am disgusted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad