Bears & NFL Talk 70

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
If Mitch doesn't improve this season, I wouldn't mind the Bears taking a QB in the late 1st, early 2nd. There are a couple guys that should be there in that range, and this team is deep enough, and Pace has shown a talent in being able to get roster depth from late-rounders/UDFA/bargain bin signings, for the team to be able to absorb using high draft picks on someone who probably won't play right away.

Not only would this light a fire under Mitch and give him a now-or-never mentality, it also lets us have a cheap backup, and if Mitch starts to play well and improve a bunch we can always trade that QB for draft picks. In addition, it gives whoever we draft time to develop and learn, which is essential for non-top 10 QBs.

Overall I wouldn't mind it. I doubt they do it this year (maybe next offseason if Mitch still doesn't improve), but Pace is also super ballsy and unpredictable. Who knows, if Fromm drops to the mid-first maybe he'll trade both seconds for him.

That being said, Mitch has only played 3 games this season. I'm not ready to jump off the ledge yet. Certainly less confident in Mitch than I have been, though.

Reactions: ndgt10

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Drafting another QB doesn't really help this limited window

If Mitch fails this year then what Bears should do is bring in Andy Dalton

I am not a Dalton fan but he is more then capable enough QB to pair with this D and win

Its pretty clear he is playing out final year in Cincy as team is going into rebuild and he will be turning 32 in December

Continued from here:

Bears & NFL Talk 69

Win it for the Spurs.

San Antonio?

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Fairly big game to win today, IMO. Next 2 weeks for the division...

Bears - vs OAK, bye
Lions - bye, GB
Packers - @ DAL, vs DET
Vikings - @ NYG, vs PHI

Gotta win today. Hopefully Dallas beats the Pack, but they probably beat DET. Hopefully the Vikings split their 2. The coming out of the bye the standings look like...

Bears 4-1
Pack 4-2
Vikings 3-3
Lions 2-2-1

Reactions: AmericanDream

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Drafting another QB doesn't really help this limited window

If Mitch fails this year then what Bears should do is bring in Andy Dalton

I am not a Dalton fan but he is more then capable enough QB to pair with this D and win

Its pretty clear he is playing out final year in Cincy as team is going into rebuild and he will be turning 32 in December

San Antonio?

Ugh... Andy fricken Dalton. I think I would take anyone but. ..

The thing that really sucks about these injuries is the Bears and fans miss out on more opportunities to evaluate his progress.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Ugh... Andy fricken Dalton. I think I would take anyone but. ..

No thanks. There isn’t an available QB I’d rather have.

And that’s not a vote of confidence in our guys, but rather how pitiful what else is available. I’d rather just draft someone in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I don’t even like Jake Fromm but if Mitch doesn’t show improvement and you can get Fromm in the second round then I’d probably do it.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Drafting a QB and hoping he works out is too much of a risk to throw away this contending window
How? Where does you mind leap that drafting a qb is a huge risk but signing Andy Dalton would be not?

I guess I'm missing that somehow in your mind these would be the starters? Is that it. No they're not going to trade or bench Trubisky for Dalton or a 2nd round qb.

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
While the O didn't score a lot of points last week, they moved the chains well with Daniels at QB. If the O takes another step vs Raiders, does Nagy keep mitchy on the bench regardless of health?

after the bye week the Bears play 3 potential playoff teams, Saints, Chargers and a rematch vs the Eagles.

Worst case scenario for Ryan Pace. Bears O takes another step this week vs Raiders followed by the O regressing after the bye week with mitch at the helm. QB controversy in the making!

Last edited:

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
If Chase Daniel keeps leading the offense to 15+ points and the team keeps winning, there isn’t any reason to rush Mitch back. Let him heal, let him learn and when Chase has a bad game, there will be a reason to put Mitch back in. Sitting for a bit might give Mitch the hunger to improve as well.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I don’t even like Jake Fromm but if Mitch doesn’t show improvement and you can get Fromm in the second round then I’d probably do it.
I like Fromm. He's a winner. However, his arm is questionable and not really nimble. He could be limited in Soldier Field.

I love Jacob Eason's physical gifts. Unfortunately, he's a project.

I think Justin Fields is the real deal. However, he's not eligible for the draft in 2020. I bet he goes #1 in 2021 ... even higher than Trevor Lawrence.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I like Fromm. He's a winner. However, his arm is questionable and not really nimble. He could be limited in Soldier Field.

I love Jacob Eason's physical gifts. Unfortunately, he's a project.

I think Justin Fields is the real deal. However, he's not eligible for the draft in 2020. I bet he goes #1 in 2021 ... even higher than Trevor Lawrence.
You take Fromm/Eason AND bring in a vet QB. If Mitch doesn't beat the vet you cut him.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Well acquiring Dalton or Eli slams the door shut so you may as well start rooting for Mitch to turn it around.

How would acquiring Dalton who is far better QB then Mitch slam shut the door?

If anything Dalton may kick the door open

Going with Mitch is more likely to result in door not only being shut but boarded up so that light may never shine thru again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->