Bears & NFL Talk 70

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Imagine Dak thinking he’s anywhere close to being worth 40 million. The QB pay system is so broken.

I’m not defending him deserving THAT much money... but isn’t his #2 WR Tavon Austin right now? And a 92 year old Witten as his #1 TE?

And isn’t his best offensive lineman out?

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Gallup? He also has a top 3 RB. and a big time #1

Is Gallup THAT good or a product of playing in an offense as the 3rd option behind Cooper and Zeke? Honest question, I don’t know that much about him.

Both starting tackles are out, btw.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Considering his OL is well paid and well regarded that isn't much of an excuse for him. Its supposed to be one of the best units (If not the best) in NFL

Infact most QB's in NFL would love to be behind that OL and have a stud RB in Elliott

As far as WR's Austin hasn't been a #2 WR in years

Primary WR's for Cowboys

Cooper (512 yds/16.0 avg on 32 Rec + 5 TD's)
Gallup is #2 (339 yds/17.0 avg on 20 Rec + 1 TD)
Cobb is #3 (210 yds/12.4 avg on 17 Rec + 1 TD)

And while Witten looks old and past prime they do have Blake Jarwin who is playing well as TE rotating with him

No real excuse for how poorly Dak has looked this year especially when demanding big contract

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Considering his OL is well paid and well regarded that isn't much of an excuse for him. Its supposed to be one of the best units (If not the best) in NFL

Bingo. It's a weak excuse. Alot of QBs have to do more with less. Give Deshaun Watson for example that OL and he's probably in the MVP race right now.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011

Infact most QB's in NFL would love to be behind that OL and have a stud RB in Elliott

As far as WR's Austin hasn't been a #2 WR in years

Primary WR's for Cowboys

Cooper (512 yds/16.0 avg on 32 Rec + 5 TD's)
Gallup is #2 (339 yds/17.0 avg on 20 Rec + 1 TD)
Cobb is #3 (210 yds/12.4 avg on 17 Rec + 1 TD)

And while Witten looks old and past prime they do have Blake Jarwin who is playing well as TE rotating with him

No real excuse for how poorly Dak has looked this year especially when demanding big contract

For today it’s not surprising.

Both starting tackles are hurt and didn’t start. Cobb is hurt and inactive. Cooper got hurt very early and isn’t coming back, so Austin is the #2 by default for the majority of today.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
For today it’s not surprising.

Both starting tackles are hurt and didn’t start. Cobb is hurt and inactive. Cooper got hurt very early and isn’t coming back, so Austin is the #2 by default for the majority of today.

And what was excuse last week for Dak? And week before that?

He has been playing terrible for a few weeks now

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
And what was excuse last week for Dak? And week before that?

He has been playing terrible for a few weeks now

I didn’t watch those games, I’m only speaking to today.

I wouldn’t expect much from any QB playing with both starting tackles out and Tavon Austin as your #2 WR. And Gallup isn’t exactly the most proven guy either. He’s put up some big games this year, but very small sample size.

Reactions: AmericanDream

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I don’t even have a guess to who the Steelers QB is tonight. Never heard of this guy.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Hell of a performance from Steelers

Also the Chargers were over rated coming into year and love watching Rivers lose

And now Chargers muff punt and Steelers recover at 6

-- Nah that should be fair catch interference --

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
Mariota benched.
I watched most of that ugly performance. He couldn't hit wide open receivers; backs on a simple flairs, wide outs running 10 yd square outs (he'd bounce the ball short). He had happy feet, kept leaving the pocket when he didn't need to. Just a pathetic performance. No help from O-line either. Denver had 4 sacks all year up until yesterday when they got 7 more. Only good news was that Parkey didn't need to attempt a FG.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->