Bears & NFL Talk 70

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Bars called up. Good news for such an underperforming oline.

Well that was going to happen regardless of Hicks because of the Long IR or as it's more commonly known, the end of Kyle Long's career.

If Hicks didn't go to IR, the Bears would have cut Sowell for the 73rd time this season to make room for Bars.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I do. Well, I can't say I care like I do about the regular NFL, but I'm all for another league. I actually quite enjoyed watching the AAF last year, actually.

200.webp

You are a married man now. You have to pick your battles. I strongly advise you not to make watching the XFL one of them. Do some apple picking, go to the theater, or whatever it is to build up those points.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Not to belabor the point, but this might be the most tone deaf social media post in the history of Earth.

Last night, after every person the planet is losing their collective shib - including Booger, the NFL network analysts, Eddie Jackson, others, the NFL sends this out on their Twitter feed.

Just wow.

Screen Shot 2019-10-15 at 3.20.16 PM.png

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Nobody filling in is Hicks but I think the Bears defensive line is the place they could absorb a loss the most by a fair margin.

Did you watch the Oakland game where some random running back ran all over them? The D line was awful without Hicks. Roquan being mentally (and physically) absent didn't help.

Yes, they do have depth there, but his importance cannot be understated.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Did not disappoint. My favorite:

Someone needs to explain to me why the Lambeau Leap is not a delay of game (unsportsmanlike) penalty.

Or when Smith sacked Stafford in the first quarter and did a lay down celly thingy.

Two sets of rules in the NFL.

Not to mention the 4-5 delay of game penalties that GB gets away with each game. Apparently double zeros on the play clock don't apply evenly to all NFL quarterbacks.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Did you watch the Oakland game where some random running back ran all over them? The D line was awful without Hicks. Roquan being mentally (and physically) absent didn't help.

Random RB? 1st round pick, 1st RB taken, 9th in rushing yds (5 games, most have 6), 6th in yds per game.

Hicks and Smith were out against Minnesota when they held Cook to 35 yds rushing. Losing Hicks isn't great, but I'd rather lose a player from a position of good depth.

Last edited:

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
200.webp

You are a married man now. You have to pick your battles. I strongly advise you not to make watching the XFL one of them. Do some apple picking, go to the theater, or whatever it is to build up those points.

Why not just do all of the above? I'm not saying I'm going to change my Sunday plans because of the XFL, but I will support it and pay attention when I am able to.

And why? Because it's football!

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Someone needs to explain to me why the Lambeau Leap is not a delay of game (unsportsmanlike) penalty.

Or when Smith sacked Stafford in the first quarter and did a lay down celly thingy.

Not to mention the 4-5 delay of game penalties that GB gets away with each game. Apparently double zeros on the play clock don't apply evenly to all NFL quarterbacks.

Because the NFL is in bed with the Packers. Duh!

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Why not just do all of the above? I'm not saying I'm going to change my Sunday plans because of the XFL, but I will support it and pay attention when I am able to.

And why? Because it's football!

To each their own, but I'll never understand it personally.

I can't find enough time to watch the real sports that I want to watch so the idea of following a start up league that is likely going to fold in a year or two anyways is a non starter.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
To each their own, but I'll never understand it personally.

I can't find enough time to watch the real sports that I want to watch so the idea of following a start up league that is likely going to fold in a year or two anyways is a non starter.

I'm sure things will change once I have a kid and whatnot. But I have the time right now, so I'm trying to enjoy it while I can.

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010

That "random" running back (Joshua Jacobs) was a first-rounder Oakland acquired from the Mack trade.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs

Apparently the Lambeau Leap was grandfathered in as legal (preferential treatment, much).

As for the play clock, read this: Does the offense get a delay of game fudge factor?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Random RB? 1st round pick, 1st RB taken, 9th in rushing yds (5 games, most have 6), 6th in yds per game.

Hicks and Smith were out against Minnesota when they held Cook to 35 yds rushing. Losing Hicks isn't great, but I'd rather lose a player from a position of good depth.

Yeah, Jacobs is far from some random rookie RB.

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
That "random" running back (Joshua Jacobs) was a first-rounder Oakland acquired from the Mack trade.

speaking of which am curious what the 49ers did with their picks when Pace moved up one spot to draft a qb named mitch...

49ers look awfully good right now, hope Pace didn't them too much, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad