Bears and NFL Talk LXVI - Tottenham-bound

Status
Not open for further replies.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Stability at kicker is probably worth a sixth as long as it makes sense cap wise.
Think of it this way ... if the 49ers trade Robbie to the Bears with the franchise tag, you're starting cost is $5mn for 1 year. If Robbie comes as a UFA, the Bears would be in a better negotiating p0sition.

Say Hey Kid

War, children, it’s just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
i

Bad things happen when you leave the Bears. ;)

ESPN's E60 is about Packer Legend ;) Tony Mandarich Former MSU star Tony Mandarich to be featured on ESPN's 'E:60' on Sunday morning

Last edited:

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Brilliant. Come home Robbie.

He is trying his best to get it done. If you are the 49ers is a 36 yr old kicker worth the hassle? I thought franchise tagging a 36 yr old kicker was incredibly stupid even if the kicker is as good as Robbie.

I think something might get done by the end of the weekend.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
The Bears not having a 1st or 2nd has really killed any personal interest I have in the draft this year. I don't think I've looked at a single mock draft this year.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
The Bears not having a 1st or 2nd has really killed any personal interest I have in the draft this year. I don't think I've looked at a single mock draft this year.

I was just texting with a friend about this yesterday. Haven't looked at a single mock and don't know a single player other than Kyler Murray.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I'm not usually overly interested anyway (casually) but I completely forgot the draft was even this weekend. I usually know at least that much.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
It's an overrated viewing experience, but I do find myself getting sucked in for the 1st round most of the time or when the Bears pick is approaching. But with no pick until the 3rd, I've almost forgot about it entirely. I was surprised to hear that it was tomorrow.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
For me, the only interestng part of thr NFL draft this year is where Kyler Murray goes. I love his game but he's so small. I wonder if he can take the constant pounding.

However, I'll try to watch the NBA lottery this year due to the stakes.

DPHawk

Oct 31, 2013
Has anyone else gotten burned by the live mock drafts mimicking the production of the real draft that ESPN has been airing for at least a week now? Twice now I've been in a bar showing these mocks and gotten confused thinking it was the real thing.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
I was just texting with a friend about this yesterday. Haven't looked at a single mock and don't know a single player other than Kyler Murray.

That's too bad because Quinnen Willliams, Nick Bosa, Ed Olvier, Montez Sweat, etc are all fabulous players and all I would take over the incredibly overrated Kyler Murray.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC

Some posters would be so mad if Pace picked Solomon Thomas ... who was the consensus #2 pick in the draft.

Solomon Thomas really moved up in the draft after his bowl performance against Mitchell Trubisky.

If it meant giving up 2 third round picks to NOT draft Solomon Thomas with the #2 or #3 overall pick, I'll do it every single time.

Reactions: Idionym

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
Can't wait to see what Pace does with that amazing 6th round pick he fleeced from the Eagles for a NFL starting halfback!

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
The draft is the most overrated sporting event ever.

Just dreadfully boring.

only when said team doesn't have a high draft choice. I wager you will be keeping up with the Blackhawks #3 overall...DUH!

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
He'd probably fetch higher than Mitch in the open market....
Solomon Thomas had 1 sack and 24 tackles in 16 games last year (13 games started). As a comparison, Sherrick McManus had 1 sack and 24 tackles in 15 games last year (0 games started) last year.

While it's only the Pro Bowl, Trubisky still made it last year.

Try again.

Reactions: Idionym

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
Solomon Thomas had 1 sack and 24 tackles in 16 games last year (13 games started). As a comparison, Sherrick McManus had 1 sack and 24 tackles in 15 games last year (0 games started) last year.

While it's only the Pro Bowl, Trubisky still made it last year.

Try again.

Mitch was an alternate. minus the stat padding Buccaneers game, Mitch was average at best.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad