Bears and NFL Talk LXVI - Tottenham-bound

Status
Not open for further replies.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I don't disagree for the most part.

I don't read The Post but I am not from NYC.

I just stick to the Financial Times and The Economist lately.
The Post is a joke, but so entertaining. Whoever does the front page, deserves a Pulitzer.

The Economist is like Barrons. It's well written and decent way to get a temperature of the market ... but really too backward looking in this day and age. Of course, most journalism is.

Back when I first started, my old boss used to constantly yell too look forward ... or I can get a job at S&P or even worse, The Wall Street Journal.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
I'm sure The Athletic is good content, but does it really move the needle? Right now, the only periodical I'll pay for is the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, and the New Yorker. Let us know how you think of it.
The WSJ is so terrible lol

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
The WSJ is so terrible lol
I wouldn't say terrible, but I wouldn't say good ... but they do have a large platform that disseminates financial information to the public. Papers like WSJ and FT are great ways to find out what's been baked into the market ... although social media has made that far more difficult.

Remember, it's not what you think is over or undervalued, it's what the market perceives. And then finding the catalysts to tell the market.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
lol Raiders

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports the Raiders are considering "some sort of surprise pick" at No. 4 overall that would "necessitate absolute secrecy."

Per Rapoport, a pick that "we are not expecting" seems to be in the offing. Forced to speculate on who that might be, Rapsheet mentioned LSU LB Devin White, a quarterback or offensive lineman. The Raiders, who are still looking to replace Khalil Mack, are in a defensive line-rich part of the board, but coach Jon Gruden has made it clear he is listening to no one but himself. Gruden is fast developing into the second coming of Al Davis.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Apr 22, 2019, 1:23 PM

Reactions: ChiHawks10

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
lol Raiders

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports the Raiders are considering "some sort of surprise pick" at No. 4 overall that would "necessitate absolute secrecy."

Per Rapoport, a pick that "we are not expecting" seems to be in the offing. Forced to speculate on who that might be, Rapsheet mentioned LSU LB Devin White, a quarterback or offensive lineman. The Raiders, who are still looking to replace Khalil Mack, are in a defensive line-rich part of the board, but coach Jon Gruden has made it clear he is listening to no one but himself. Gruden is fast developing into the second coming of Al Davis.
RELATED:

Wtf...

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
How so?

Just because you don't like him doesn't mean a thing

He and Mayock will make mark on Raiders rebuild in these coming drafts

Funny that folks on this board will excuse our GM constantly with "He needs time to build team the way he wants" , etc , etc but a team in rebuild like Raiders are to be judged barely a year in to rebuild

LOL

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
How so?

Funny that folks on this board will excuse our GM constantly with "He needs time to build team the way he wants" , etc , etc but a team in rebuild like Raiders are to be judged barely a year in to rebuild

LOL

How so? Does it really need explaining?

lol

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
How so?

LOL
Funny how you judged a Bears team a year into a rebuild but find fault when others do the same with the Raiders

LOL!

Reactions: AmericanDream

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
BWC if Pace was doing this you would be losing your mind. Losing your absolute mind. You'd be speculating how dumb the pick at 4 will be and it will be a huge reach and these idiots blah blah blah.

bayshoni

Jul 10, 2014
The Post is a joke, but so entertaining. Whoever does the front page, deserves a Pulitzer.

The Economist is like Barrons. It's well written and decent way to get a temperature of the market ... but really too backward looking in this day and age. Of course, most journalism is.

Back when I first started, my old boss used to constantly yell too look forward ... or I can get a job at S&P or even worse, The Wall Street Journal.
I read the Post every day, mostly for the sports. I think Joel Sherman is an outstanding baseball writer.
Other sections can be interesting, though as a newspaper it's a long way from the Washing Post.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
lol Raiders

RELATED:

:laugh:

They're such a shitshow.

How so?

LOL

Have you not been alive the past year? That organization is a bigger shitshow than the Trestman Bears. AINEC.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
6th round pick should get it done
I don't think the Bears are willing to give up draft assets for Robbie Gould. That might be the reason why Robbie won't negotiate with the 49ers anymore. He wants a long term deal or his outright release.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I don't think the Bears are willing to give up draft assets for Robbie Gould. That might be the reason why Robbie won't negotiate with the 49ers anymore. He wants a long term deal or his outright release.

Then our GM is as big a fool as I say he is

Pace self inflicted wound has hurt this organization badly and its time to stop the bleeding

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I didn't cut Robbie Gould in favor of Connor Barth

Huge deal between KC and Seattle today. Clark (13 sacks) to KC for 1st + 2nd + swap of 3rd rounders

Clark then got huge extension from KC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad