Status
Not open for further replies.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet
FollowFollow @RapSheet
More
Sources: #Raiders coach Jon Gruden and GM Mike Mayock sent their scouts home for the weekend and they are not expected to return by draft time. The belief is they don’t know who to trust and wanted to clear the room.

Meanwhile, the Raiders rebuild is going swimmingly......

Reactions: Idionym

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Way too early prediction time....

vs Packers - win
@ Broncos - win
@ Redskins - win
vs Vikings - win
@ Raiders - win
vs Saints - loss
vs Chargers - win (come from from behind win)
@ Eagles - loss
vs Lions - win
@ Rams - loss
vs Giants - win
@ Lions - win
vs Cowboys - win
@ Packers - loss
vs Chiefs - loss (choked away a late lead)
@ Vikings - win

11-5 overall
5-1 NFC North
6-2 home
5-3 road

Totally kiss of death'd us....

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet
FollowFollow @RapSheet
More
Sources: #Raiders coach Jon Gruden and GM Mike Mayock sent their scouts home for the weekend and they are not expected to return by draft time. The belief is they don’t know who to trust and wanted to clear the room.

Meanwhile, the Raiders rebuild is going swimmingly......
Didn’t know who to trust? What?

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Way too early prediction time....

vs Packers - win
@ Broncos - win
@ Redskins - win
vs Vikings - win
@ Raiders - win
vs Saints - loss
vs Chargers - win (come from from behind win)
@ Eagles - loss
vs Lions - win
@ Rams - loss
vs Giants - win
@ Lions - win
vs Cowboys - win
@ Packers - loss
vs Chiefs - loss (choked away a late lead)
@ Vikings - win

11-5 overall
5-1 NFC North
6-2 home
5-3 road

Totally kiss of death'd us....

I won't go game by game, but that sounds about right.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
My predictions ...

vs Packers - win
@ Broncos - win
@ Redskins - win
vs Vikings - win
@ Raiders - win
vs Saints - win
vs Chargers - win
@ Eagles - win
vs Lions - win
@ Rams - win
vs Giants - win
@ Lions - win
vs Cowboys - win
@ Packers - win
vs Chiefs - win
@ Vikings - win

16-0 overall
6-0 NFC North
8-0 home
8-0 road

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
That Broncos game is going to be very interesting. Fangio knows us as well as anybody and I think he'll have a very good game plan on Trubisky.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Its not at all unreasonable situation

Those are previous GM scouts and Mayock has extensive scouting material on draft along with his few people he has brought into organization

Also someone or several "Scouts" have been leaking information to media already so its not unreasonable that Mayock and Gruden are dismissing them. As they don't want them leaking Raiders draft plans

Sounds like many are about to be terminated and were only kept on because Raiders initially wanted to wait until after draft to replace them

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Its not at all unreasonable situation

Those are previous GM scouts and Mayock has extensive scouting material on draft along with his few people he has brought into organization

Also someone or several "Scouts" have been leaking information to media already so its not unreasonable that Mayock and Gruden are dismissing them. As they don't want them leaking Raiders draft plans

Sounds like many are about to be terminated and were only kept on because Raiders initially wanted to wait until after draft to replace them
I'm going to call you the spin doctor. How you're not a politician or a lawyer I'll never know. They just relieved every single guy that they had hired for the entire draft process 6 days before the draft. You were working with them the whole year on who you wanted to draft in the most important NFL draft for the Raiders in the last 20 years or more and you just dismissed the entire staff who built up all this info and knowledge for you because you didn't trust them? If you don't trust them then what the f*** are the even telling you about these players. Do you trust their pre-draft write ups? Now you're putting the draft in the hands of two people who obviously haven't seen players as extensively as the area scouts. Its a joke and Gruden is a f***ing idiot.

Reactions: Giovi

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Mayock has not been working the whole year with these people

They were holdover from previous GM and Mayock has more knowledge of draft then these scouts

And it isn't just Gruden/Mayock as several people associated with Mayock or brought into organization by Mayock will be part of process at draft

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011

They were holdover from previous GM and Mayock has more knowledge of draft then these scouts

And it isn't just Gruden/Mayock as several people associated with Mayock or brought into organization by Mayock will be part of process at draft

Why wait until this close to the draft to make this decision? What is the defending of that decision?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

How does he have more knowledge then all of the scouts? This comment makes no sense as they are the f***ing scouts.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
Adam Jahns (former Hawks beat reporter who has been reporting on the Bears for the Sun Times) is joining The Athletic.

Reactions: Teemu

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Adam Jahns (former Hawks beat reporter who has been reporting on the Bears for the Sun Times) is joining The Athletic.

I finally gave in and joined the athletic last week. There's a deal where you get a whole year for just $36 with the pucksoup promo code (I'm sure there are others as well). Figured I'd give it a go.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I finally gave in and joined the athletic last week. There's a deal where you get a whole year for just $36 with the pucksoup promo code (I'm sure there are others as well). Figured I'd give it a go.
I'm sure The Athletic is good content, but does it really move the needle? Right now, the only periodical I'll pay for is the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, and the New Yorker. Let us know how you think of it.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
I got it before hockey season, paid like $25 for the year. It's good, but I probably won't renew in the fall (will be $60 or so). I don't read enough to care to pay for it.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I got it before hockey season, paid like $25 for the year. It's good, but I probably won't renew in the fall (will be $60 or so). I don't read enough to care to pay for it.
Is it really good analysis, or more locker room gossip / hot takes?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I'm sure The Athletic is good content, but does it really move the needle? Right now, the only periodical I'll pay for is the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, and the New Yorker. Let us know how you think of it.

If you are not getting the Financial Times but are getting those 3, you are have an incomplete collection but in saying that I like the Financial Times a lot more than the WSJ.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
If you are not getting the Financial Times but are getting those 3, you are have an incomplete collection but in saying that I like the Financial Times a lot more than the WSJ.
I know ... but I look more towards the emerging markets and because I have so much international news flow 24/7, I don't find the FT that enlightening ... although you are correct, I think the FT is a better publication.

With the WSJ, I also get a conservative look at the US combined with the more left of center New York Times. It gives you a better sense of the entire country.

That said, the best paper in NYC is The Post. It is a New York treasure.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012

I would wait until Black Friday for your subscription if you want to reup around that time. They have pretty good deals if need be.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I know ... but I look more towards the emerging markets and because I have so much international news flow 24/7, I don't find the FT that enlightening ... although you are correct, I think the FT is a better publication.

With the WSJ, I also get a conservative look at the US combined with the more left of center New York Times. It gives you a better sense of the entire country.

That said, the best paper in NYC is The Post. It is a New York treasure.

I don't disagree for the most part.

I don't read The Post but I am not from NYC.

I just stick to the Financial Times and The Economist lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad