Bears and NFL Talk LXVI - Tottenham-bound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I think Burton's thing was overblown. He said anxiety issues last year with the Eagles. He never said it was the issue for the playoffs. He freely gave up the information himself. It wasn't like he was trying to hide it. If he's this honest now, why would you think he's be lying now?

Burton threw one of the biggest passes ever in the Super Bowl, I think he'll be okay.

Its not the Eagles thing that is issue

Its the MIA for large stretches of season after hot start that is problem

We need more pass catching talent at TE and at this point Shaheen has shown not much when healthy

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Its not the Eagles thing that is issue

Its the MIA for large stretches of season after hot start that is problem

We need more pass catching talent at TE and at this point Shaheen has shown not much when healthy

The Bears spread the ball around so much, I don't think it matters who is at tight end, they aren't getting 80 catches and 1,000 yards.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012

Rumors are Bell has picked a team already. We'll see where he goes but I'm sure he'll get paiiiid handsomely.

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
rumors are Adrian Amos signing with the Packers. Packers are paying Amos 14 million the first season of a multi year deal. WOW!

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
When it's all said it done, it's going to be crazy to compare how well AB did for himself and how poorly Bell did, financially speaking. Bell walked away from 14.5 mil last year. Meanwhile, Brown got himself 30 mil guaranteed with essentially no leverage.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
When it's all said it done, it's going to be crazy to compare how well AB did for himself and how poorly Bell did, financially speaking. Bell walked away from 14.5 mil last year. Meanwhile, Brown got himself 30 mil guaranteed with essentially no leverage.
Ego got in the way of a rational decision. Bell should have came back during the bye week.

Reactions: Giovi

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Interesting deal by Green Bay to Adrian Amos.

Basically, it's $21mn guaranteed for 2 years ... if the Packers cut Amos in 2021. If cut in year 3, it's a $29mn cap hit. If kept for the full deal, it's a $36mn deal.

The key is Amos' is only a cap hit of $5.9mn this year. Then for the next 3 years is $10mn cap hits unless cut earlier.

Basically, if Amos gave you a discount his first year ... would you pay $10mn/year for Adrian Amos for the next 3 years?

Malagahawks

We tanked hard and got Bedard!! Happy Days!!
Oct 23, 2018
Malaga, Spain
So let's play "Let's make a Deal". Who do we want?

1. Behind door number one we have Leveon Bell
2. Behind door number two we have Justin Houston.
3. Behind door number three we have Earl Thomas.

Pick your poison.

JustJokinenAround

just a goofball
Feb 5, 2018
a local rink
So let's play "Let's make a Deal". Who do we want?

1. Behind door number one we have Leveon Bell
2. Behind door number two we have Justin Houston.
3. Behind door number three we have Earl Thomas.

Pick your poison.
welcome to NFL free agency, would you like to grossly overpay for option #1, option #2, or option #3?

hey it could be worse, the lions paid a slot corner $9 million a year

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I'm fine with it. They're gonna use him for a lot of gimmicky stuff, IMO. And the return game obviously. Excited to see what they come up with for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->