OT - NO POLITICS Beach, beer, cookouts, ice cream. It’s Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I am starting to wear them again. Pisses me off too

My ladyfriend teaches VNA/Home Health aids, and for the last 16 months or so has been teaching via WebEx/Zoom/MS Teams. At first it was extremely challenging, as she is definitely a people person, and the virtual classes just took time to get engagement. She hit her stride though, at long last.

A couple weeks ago she found out she would have to go back to in person classes, but scaled back in capacity of course. I'm not sure why they chose NOW to go back, since things are starting to get even worse. Today she taught for just ONE person, who was not vaccinated. Masks were worn (not properly though apparently) and distance was kept, or attempted.

She came home and almost cried. I could feel the stress unload off her body as soon as she walked in the door. People just aren't ready for this again and it sucks. The fear. The masks. The uncertainty. I hope there is a miraculous turn around but I'm not very optimistic.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
My ladyfriend teaches VNA/Home Health aids, and for the last 16 months or so has been teaching via WebEx/Zoom/MS Teams. At first it was extremely challenging, as she is definitely a people person, and the virtual classes just took time to get engagement. She hit her stride though, at long last.

A couple weeks ago she found out she would have to go back to in person classes, but scaled back in capacity of course. I'm not sure why they chose NOW to go back, since things are starting to get even worse. Today she taught for just ONE person, who was not vaccinated. Masks were worn (not properly though apparently) and distance was kept, or attempted.

She came home and almost cried. I could feel the stress unload off her body as soon as she walked in the door. People just aren't ready for this again and it sucks. The fear. The masks. The uncertainty. I hope there is a miraculous turn around but I'm not very optimistic.
I just wish folks would get the vaccine and do what they should for EVERYONE's sake.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Oh and today my dev environment totally shit out at about 11. Haven't been able to write or test anything since, and I'm not about to start playing around with production code for hospitals. So instead I spent the majority of the day planning for an upgrade and just watching the more stressful work pile up. It was like watching Frosty the Snowman stare at the thermometer inside the greenhouse, but instead of temp it was measuring "TD Charlie's Crippling Anxiety." Can't wait to sign on tomorrow morning and play catch up, provided I can actually access my environments.

WestCoastBruinsFan

Oct 30, 2008
Victoria, BC
I just went to the post office and put on a mask. Better safe than sorry, small inconvenience, etc, etc, etc, but it still made me very angry.
I am starting to wear them again. Pisses me off too
I never stopped wearing masks. There are still many innocents that can’t get vaccinated. This thing is far from over but I think they need to give up the lock downs and closures. Try to get all kids vaccinated and then let the smartest group of us that know better, live with the consequences.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
230509760_10224298391140131_5040945211019180645_n.jpg

Mayflower Poultry in East Cambridge is moving out of the area and it's auctioning off its famous sign, "Live Poultry, Fresh Killed."

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I never stopped wearing masks. There are still many innocents that can’t get vaccinated. This thing is far from over but I think they need to give up the lock downs and closures. Try to get all kids vaccinated and then let the smartest group of us that know better, live with the consequences.

Things are definitely moving that way in a number of countries, at least for children over the age of 12. Early days but it seems to be safe, or at least no more risk than for adults anyway, and I think it's becoming pretty clear that the justification for it is very much there. So yeah I agree, mass vaccinations for kids has to be the next priority. It helps keep them healthy, and it removes one of the main arguments for further lockdowns, restrictions etc.

WestCoastBruinsFan

Oct 30, 2008
Victoria, BC
Things are definitely moving that way in a number of countries, at least for children over the age of 12. Early days but it seems to be safe, or at least no more risk than for adults anyway, and I think it's becoming pretty clear that the justification for it is very much there. So yeah I agree, mass vaccinations for kids has to be the next priority. It helps keep them healthy, and it removes one of the main arguments for further lockdowns, restrictions etc.
We have been vaccinating 12 and up for a while now. Doesn’t seem to be many, if any major issues. We need to start the 11 and below now. Happy numbers below.

“As of Tuesday, 81.5 per cent of British Columbians aged 12 and older have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, while 67.9 per cent have received two doses.”

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
We have been vaccinating 12 and up for a while now. Doesn’t seem to be many, if any major issues. We need to start the 11 and below now. Happy numbers below.

“As of Tuesday, 81.5 per cent of British Columbians aged 12 and older have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, while 67.9 per cent have received two doses.”

Those are good numbers. We're still miles off those for adults in my country, let alone children, and my state has just entered its 6th lockdown. We're really, really not doing this well :(

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I’m supposed to be on vacation next week as I drive out west with mom and like clockwork I get an email about needing to hire a bunch of part time people ASAP.

Now I have to bring my laptop with me and do my best to sign on and do work when we stop for the night.

Every time I attempt to go on vacation suddenly they decide to do something that they need me to help with. I know it is killing them that they can’t ask me to move my vacation again like they did last year.

For once can they just respect my time off like they do everyone else’s? No one bothers my colleagues but when I or our recruiter try to take time off it is this catastrophic event.

Yes I plan to say something to my boss, whom I have a great relationship with. I’m tired of bending over backwards for people but not having them reciprocate. They’ve known for 2 months that I was taking this time off and why I’m taking it off.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I’m supposed to be on vacation next week as I drive out west with mom and like clockwork I get an email about needing to hire a bunch of part time people ASAP.

Now I have to bring my laptop with me and do my best to sign on and do work when we stop for the night.

Every time I attempt to go on vacation suddenly they decide to do something that they need me to help with. I know it is killing them that they can’t ask me to move my vacation again like they did last year.

For once can they just respect my time off like they do everyone else’s? No one bothers my colleagues but when I or our recruiter try to take time off it is this catastrophic event.

Yes I plan to say something to my boss, whom I have a great relationship with. I’m tired of bending over backwards for people but not having them reciprocate. They’ve known for 2 months that I was taking this time off and why I’m taking it off.

Tell them to pound sand. Vacation is there for employees to relax, recharge, and revitalize themselves so they can go back and be more productive. Them imposing on your earned time off is inappropriate.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016

Print the following out and hand out liberally as you see fit:
offc0048_01.jpg

WestCoastBruinsFan

Oct 30, 2008
Victoria, BC
Those are good numbers. We're still miles off those for adults in my country, let alone children, and my state has just entered its 6th lockdown. We're really, really not doing this well :(
Yes, I’ve noticed some of the breakouts around the world. Many countries got complacent with their early success and then got hammered with Delta. Good luck over there.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

WestCoastBruinsFan

Oct 30, 2008
Victoria, BC

That’s not right. Can you charge them double time for every hour you put in?

Reactions: Alicat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad