OT - NO POLITICS Beach, beer, cookouts, ice cream. It’s Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Gotta say "Old" was pretty entertaining and creative. Didn't see the ending coming. Would recommend.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Last edited by a moderator:

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
90% of the adult population have had their first shot. Only 70% have had both and therefore actually have good protection. It must also be noted that most minors under 18 still aren't eligible for a vaccine and aren't included in the above stats. Still, the UK's doing pretty well, it's fair to say, so good on them. A ways to go yet though.

Yup, which is why I said vaccinated, not fully vaccinated....word for word from the article.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Last edited:

Bruins Bhoy

Feb 7, 2010
Loughborough, England
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post it, and that i am a long time lurker, rare poster and nobody will know me on a personal level, but we welcomed our first born and new little Bruin on 20/07/2021! A beautiful little boy.

Basically, I want to shout it to the world, and posting to the Bruins family across the world is the closest way I can do that!! :vhappy:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post it, and that i am a long time lurker, rare poster and nobody will know me on a personal level, but we welcomed our first born and new little Bruin on 20/07/2021! A beautiful little boy.

Basically, I want to shout it to the world, and posting to the Bruins family across the world is the closest way I can do that!! :vhappy:

Congratulations!

Nothing can beat that.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts

Congratulations!!!

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
@Mr Irish did you really ask if things posted here need to be backed up by facts or have sources?

This place would be infinitely better if it was a requirement

If that was a requirement then it ceases being a casual and enjoyable message board that fosters discussion and debate and it starts becoming a database of information. I like message boards that are like going to the pub, places where you can shoot the ****, share jokes, have debates, maybe even the odd argument. I don't want to have to start bringing a bag full of books and information with me to the pub to back up every little thing I say, that's not enjoyable to me.

Reactions: Gordoff

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
If that was a requirement then it ceases being a casual and enjoyable message board that fosters discussion and debate and it starts becoming a database of information. I like message boards that are like going to the pub, places where you can shoot the ****, share jokes, have debates, maybe even the odd argument. I don't want to have to start bringing a bag full of books and information with me to the pub to back up every little thing I say, that's not enjoyable to me.

Idk about you but I'd rather avoid having a debate with someone when I'm arguing against their feelings and not facts.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
you made a sweeping statement that was inaccurate and with no supporting data.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/vaccinations.

What did I post that was inaccurate? It's literally supported by the links both you and I posted. Not trying to be combative. Honestly trying to figure out if I'm missing something or maybe there's just a misunderstanding.

What IS sweeping and inaccurate are the earlier posts claiming that if more of the "selfish" and "stupid" in the US got vaccinated, the mask wearing would be over now. As shown in both our links, the uk is waaaaaay ahead of the us in vaccination rates, yet there are still mask mandates in place there in many (not all) places just like here.

I'm not an anti vax person by any means, just to be clear. I am. My wife is. My daughter is. My son, however hasn't yet. He's not being dumb or selfish. He's on medication right now that his drs have advised him may not mix well with the vaccines and could actually be deadly. We're following their lead. I'm sure this is the case for others as well. Are some that don't have the same health concerns being dumb or selfish? Sure. Not gonna argue that. There are a lot of dumb selfish people out there and there always will be.

Reactions: Gordoff

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
What did I post that was inaccurate? It's literally supported by the links both you and I posted. Not trying to be combative. Honestly trying to figure out if I'm missing something or maybe there's just a misunderstanding.

What IS sweeping and inaccurate are the earlier posts claiming that if more of the "selfish" and "stupid" in the US got vaccinated, the mask wearing would be over now. As shown in both our links, the uk is waaaaaay ahead of the us in vaccination rates, yet there are still mask mandates in place there in many (not all) places just like here.

I'm not an anti vax person by any means, just to be clear. I am. My wife is. My daughter is. My son, however hasn't yet. He's not being dumb or selfish. He's on medication right now that his drs have advised him may not mix well with the vaccines and could actually be deadly. We're following their lead. I'm sure this is the case for others as well. Are some that don't have the same health concerns being dumb or selfish? Sure. Not gonna argue that. There are a lot of dumb selfish people out there and there always will be.

I think people are getting so despondent with this thing now that they are latching on to perceived acts of ignorance or selfishness as a means of directing and alleviating their frustration. The reality is though that most people who won't get the vaccine do so out of fear and the best way to alleviate those people's fears is to talk and engage with them, maybe even empathize with them, not to just sit there on a high horse calling them idiots. That does nothing but strengthen their resolve and deepen the divide.

Last edited:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

Congrats!!

Reactions: Bruins Bhoy

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Went to the grocery store this morning and saw more people with a mask on so I think it is only a matter of time before we see individual stores start requiring them again especially as school starts up.

I'm 100% vaccinated but this Delta variant has me concerned.

Reactions: eightspokedb

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Up in the sticks of Maine for the weekend. Rafting the Penobscot tomorrow. The drive up here was brutal. Almost 7 hours through the storms
We are in Freeport after spending a week on the Schooner. My daughter is shopping..I am sitting We had a storm yesterday on the water. I liked it

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

congrats.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

Welcome and CONGRATULATIONS!!

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

Congratulations!

Reactions: Bruins Bhoy

WestCoastBruinsFan

Oct 30, 2008
Victoria, BC

Congratulations. Now the real work begins. It is rewarding work though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad