Not open for further replies.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
28586394_taro-tsujimoto---tokyo-katanas---buffalo-sabres-.jpg

GMDP's TOKYO KATANAS NHL 15 GM LOG

Murrary_the_Tank_Engine.jpg

TIM MURRAY AND THE BUFFALO SABRES BANISHED FROM THE NHL

After being caught tanking for McDavid, Gary Bettman forced the Buffalo Sabres to sell their franchise to a conglomerate of wealthy Japanese business men.

In order to name the team, ownership organized a fan vote. The result? Say hello to the Tokyo Katanas.

The roster will initially be filled with players from Japan's national team, while Buffalo's entire NHL roster were BANNED FROM THE NHL FOR LIFE for participating in Tim Murray's vile plan to defile the sanctity of competition.

amazing_1606576i.jpg

GARY BETTMAN PURCHASES THE LARGE HADRON COLLIDOR; USES IT TO TURN THE ARIZONA COYOTES INTO THE GREATEST HOCKEY TEAM EVER ASSEMBLED
No, you didn't read that incorrectly. After winning the power bowl 18 times in a row, NHL commissioner Gary Bettman PURCHASED THE LARGE HADRON COLLIDOR.

Gary Bettman used this technology to transport through time some of the greatest players in hockey history. Every player (inexplicably aside from Patrick Roy and Martin Brodeur) are 18 years old and in their prime.

With the Coyotes now named the Arizona Legends, Gary Bettman's dream of the southern united states becoming the hockey capital of the world finally looks like it will come true. Bettman quickly stepped down as commissioner, bought the team, and named himself both GM, Coach, and official arena DJ.

Prior to stepping down, Gary Bettman signed a 25 year contract with the NHLPA to abolish the salary cap. It is widely speculated he did this to benefit himself because his roster would have a 230M cap hit, but nobody has the guts to say it because Bettman is such an intimidating man.

RULES

SALARY CAP IS OFF
DRAFT PICKS AUTHENTIC
WAIVERS ON
TRADE DIFFICULTY HARD
Team Japan subbed in for Buffalo
EA Legend team subbed in for Arizona
Both subbed teams inherit their NHL counterparts draft picks/prospect pools

TEAM JAPAN SUBSTITUTED FOR BUFFALO
NHL LEGENDS SUBSTITUTED FOR ARIZONA

Yes Or No Button Used When:
-Signing free agents. If it says no, they aren't interested in joining the team.
-Determining at the trade deadline if UFAs are willing to stay on my team.

No Trade Clauses:
-1st liners/top 2 d/elite goalies who are at a UFA age have full NTCs. The only exception is at the trade deadline of the final year of their contract if they aren't willing to extend.
-2nd liners/top 4 d/starting goalies have limited NTCs. A random generator will be used to determine a list of 10 teams they are willing to be traded to.

Free Agency:
-I can sign 2 free agents in the off season. +1 free agent for every round of the playoffs I make.
-I can sign unlimited free agents in September so long as they agree to join my team.

Trading Rules:
-More lax trading rules due to the difficulty of playing as Team Japan without the cap. EA trades will never make complete sense when comparing them with real life trades, but I will make an effort to try to make sure the trades make sense for both sides.

BLOCKBUSTER-TEAM JAPAN ACQUIRE WAYNE GRETZKY FROM THE ARIZONA LEGENDS

gretzky-wayne-oilers.jpg

Confirmed Trade With Link [ARZ/JPN]Wayne Gretzky (C PLY 18yo 96oa 5G* 10M salary) +AHLer for
Sam Reinhart+3 2015 1st Round Picks+Jake McCabe (20yo LTWD 73oa 3.5G)

Arizona GM Gary Bettman pulled the trigger on one of the most shocking trades of all time. Before his Arizona Legends played their first NHL game, he traded the time travelling clone of the greatest player of all time to the upstart Tokyo Katanas.

Bettman negotiated himself a return that could be considered on par in value with what the Flyers paid for an 18 year old Lindros. Sam Reinhart is considered a can't miss future franchise centre, the Legends get the Katanas 2015 1st round pick which considering their awful roster will most likely be the top pick in the draft. They also received two more 2015 first round picks, and can't miss top 4 defender Jake McCabe.

Bettman could be thinking long term with this move. Arizona is stacked, and as absurd as it sounds, do not need Wayne Gretzky to win the Stanley Cup.

Martin Brodeur and Patrick Roy have a combined age of nearly 90 years old, and both might retire (again) after this season. With Japan's 2015 pick, Bettman will have a very good chance to be in a position to draft the “McDavid of goalies†Bobby Duggan.

Prime Gretzky is the kind of player that can make average players around him into stars. As far as why this trade happened, there was apparently immense pressure on GMDP from the shady Japanese conglomerate that owns the team to go out and get a marketable superstar to build around.

PROJECTED LINEUP
Murata 54-Gretzky 96-Wakabayashi 60
Sugihara 58-Yoshida 61-Kato 56
Komachi 57-Tamura 57-Tanaka 60
Kuamgi 54-Saga 51-Kobayashi 56
Scratches: A bunch of low overall Japanese players

Sasaki 57-GauthierLeduc 67
Nomura 55-Irizawa 56
Serizawa 52-Nakmura 53

Fukufuji 65
Ueno 58

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
28586394_taro-tsujimoto---tokyo-katanas---buffalo-sabres-.jpg

GMDP's TOKYO KATANAS NHL 15 GM LOG

Murrary_the_Tank_Engine.jpg

TIM MURRAY AND THE BUFFALO SABRES BANISHED FROM THE NHL

After being caught tanking for McDavid, Gary Bettman forced the Buffalo Sabres to sell their franchise to a conglomerate of wealthy Japanese business men.

In order to name the team, ownership organized a fan vote. The result? Say hello to the Tokyo Katanas.

The roster will initially be filled with players from Japan's national team, while Buffalo's entire NHL roster were BANNED FROM THE NHL FOR LIFE for participating in Tim Murray's vile plan to defile the sanctity of competition.

amazing_1606576i.jpg

GARY BETTMAN PURCHASES THE LARGE HADRON COLLIDOR; USES IT TO TURN THE ARIZONA COYOTES INTO THE GREATEST HOCKEY TEAM EVER ASSEMBLED
No, you didn't read that incorrectly. After winning the power bowl 18 times in a row, NHL commissioner Gary Bettman PURCHASED THE LARGE HADRON COLLIDOR.

Gary Bettman used this technology to transport through time some of the greatest players in hockey history. Every player (inexplicably aside from Patrick Roy and Martin Brodeur) are 18 years old and in their prime.

With the Coyotes now named the Arizona Legends, Gary Bettman's dream of the southern united states becoming the hockey capital of the world finally looks like it will come true. Bettman quickly stepped down as commissioner, bought the team, and named himself both GM, Coach, and official arena DJ.

Prior to stepping down, Gary Bettman signed a 25 year contract with the NHLPA to abolish the salary cap. It is widely speculated he did this to benefit himself because his roster would have a 230M cap hit, but nobody has the guts to say it because Bettman is such an intimidating man.

RULES

SALARY CAP IS OFF
DRAFT PICKS AUTHENTIC
WAIVERS ON
TRADE DIFFICULTY HARD
Team Japan subbed in for Buffalo
EA Legend team subbed in for Arizona
Both subbed teams inherit their NHL counterparts draft picks/prospect pools

TEAM JAPAN SUBSTITUTED FOR BUFFALO
NHL LEGENDS SUBSTITUTED FOR ARIZONA

Yes Or No Button Used When:
-Signing free agents. If it says no, they aren't interested in joining the team.
-Determining at the trade deadline if UFAs are willing to stay on my team.

No Trade Clauses:
-1st liners/top 2 d/elite goalies who are at a UFA age have full NTCs. The only exception is at the trade deadline of the final year of their contract if they aren't willing to extend.
-2nd liners/top 4 d/starting goalies have limited NTCs. A random generator will be used to determine a list of 10 teams they are willing to be traded to.

Free Agency:
-I can sign 2 free agents in the off season. +1 free agent for every round of the playoffs I make.
-I can sign unlimited free agents in September so long as they agree to join my team.

Trading Rules:
-More lax trading rules due to the difficulty of playing as Team Japan without the cap. EA trades will never make complete sense when comparing them with real life trades, but I will make an effort to try to make sure the trades make sense for both sides.

BLOCKBUSTER-TEAM JAPAN ACQUIRE WAYNE GRETZKY FROM THE ARIZONA LEGENDS

gretzky-wayne-oilers.jpg

Confirmed Trade With Link [ARZ/JPN]Wayne Gretzky (C PLY 18yo 96oa 5G* 10M salary) +AHLer for
Sam Reinhart+3 2015 1st Round Picks+Jake McCabe (20yo LTWD 73oa 3.5G)

Arizona GM Gary Bettman pulled the trigger on one of the most shocking trades of all time. Before his Arizona Legends played their first NHL game, he traded the time travelling clone of the greatest player of all time to the upstart Tokyo Katanas.

Bettman negotiated himself a return that could be considered on par in value with what the Flyers paid for an 18 year old Lindros. Sam Reinhart is considered a can't miss future franchise centre, the Legends get the Katanas 2015 1st round pick which considering their awful roster will most likely be the top pick in the draft. They also received two more 2015 first round picks, and can't miss top 4 defender Jake McCabe.

Bettman could be thinking long term with this move. Arizona is stacked, and as absurd as it sounds, do not need Wayne Gretzky to win the Stanley Cup.

Martin Brodeur and Patrick Roy have a combined age of nearly 90 years old, and both might retire (again) after this season. With Japan's 2015 pick, Bettman will have a very good chance to be in a position to draft the “McDavid of goalies†Bobby Duggan.

Prime Gretzky is the kind of player that can make average players around him into stars. As far as why this trade happened, there was apparently immense pressure on GMDP from the shady Japanese conglomerate that owns the team to go out and get a marketable superstar to build around.

PROJECTED LINEUP
Murata 54-Gretzky 96-Wakabayashi 60
Sugihara 58-Yoshida 61-Kato 56
Komachi 57-Tamura 57-Tanaka 60
Kuamgi 54-Saga 51-Kobayashi 56
Scratches: A bunch of low overall Japanese players

Sasaki 57-GauthierLeduc 67
Nomura 55-Irizawa 56
Serizawa 52-Nakmura 53

Fukufuji 65
Ueno 58

This is going to be epic.

InShanahanWeTrust

Feb 24, 2016
Leafs 2016 - 2017 season update

Today is the trade deadline, and the Leafs are expected to make some moves. With prospects growing down in the minors, they'll need to make a little bit of room for next year's squad.

Percy to LA

2017 3rd round pick to TOR

Bibeau to OTT

2017 3rd round pick to TOR

Those were the only deals of the day for Toronto, as they currently sit 4th in the Atlantic, and 7th in the conference.

Leading Scorers:
Grabner: 16 G, 31 A, 47 P
Kadri: 12 G, 33 A, 45 P
Van Riemsdyk: 15 G, 27 A, 42 P
Parenteau: 7 G, 34 A, 41 P
Leivo: 13 G, 23 A, 36 P

Nylander has had a good rookie season so far, leading the Leafs in goals with 19. Halfway through the season, he replaced Kadri as the #1 center.

Andersen hasn't played as well as everyone expected, posting a 2.74 GAA, along with a .908 SV%. Reimer, on the other hand, has won 5 straight starts posting a .937 SV% with 2.00 GAA.

Prospect/draft update:
Tkachuk has grown to a 79, still holding Med Elite potential.
Marner is up at 83, still has Med Franchise potential.
Timashov is at 83, still Med Elite potential.

The scouts for the Leafs have also been very busy this year, especially in the WHL, where they are believed to be scouting goaltender Stuart Skinner. With Andersen not meeting expectations, this could end up being a good pick.

Record: 31 - 24 - 9

A Calgary Flames Fan

Jun 13, 2011
Calgary
:nucks
BREAKING NEWS: Jim Benning assassinated

Sad news out of the NHL today as Vancouver Canucks GM Jim Benning was assassinated prior to the beginning of the pre-season by Canucks captain Henrik Sedin. Sedin and his brother Daniel wanted out of Vancouver but Benning refused to trade them. Henrik will not be charged because "It would take too long" said the supreme court of British Columbia.

Vancouver hired local Flames fan and incompetent NHL 15 player Jay Morrison as their next GM. "I really don't know why they hired me, I'm not even good at being a virtual GM" said Morrison in his press conference.

Morrison plans on fulfilling the Sedins request and trading the brothers because "Being shot doesn't sound like a lot of fun" he said.

(NOTE: I won't be doing crazy storylines like this, it will be a realistic-ish GM writeup)

The Sedins wanted to be traded together, so Jay Morrison organized a blockbuster deal.

Derek Stepan, Rick Nash, Marc Staal

:rangers
Henrik Sedin, Daniel Sedin, Jake Virtanen, 2017 & 2018 2nd Round Picks

Vancouver wasn't done there, as Morrison confirmed the team was going into full blown rebuild. They struck a huge deal with Florida, and brought back former goalie Roberto Luongo.

Roberto Luongo, Jaromir Jagr

:panthers
Ryan Miller, Chris Tanev, Nick Bonino

They then made another huge deal with Colorado

Erik Johnson, Alex Tanguay, Brandon Sutter (My younger brother put him on Colorado's roster, ignore it), Jordan Caron

:avs
Alexandre Burrows (Canucks retain $1.5M), Radim Vrbata, Alexander Edler, Adam Clendening

466871761.jpg
Rick-Nash-.jpg
Staal.jpg
Johnson.jpg

GettyImages-494551026.jpg

Here are 5 big names joining the Canucks after the team made 3 massive blockbusters today

PROJECTED LINEUPS
Alex Tanguay-Derek Stepan-Rick Nash
Chris Higgins-Brandon Sutter-Jaromir Jagr
Antoine Roussel-Bo Horvat-Jannick Hansen
Brandon Prust-Brandon McMillan-Derek Dorsett

Dan Hamhuis-Marc Staal
Ryan-Stanton-Erik Johnson
Frank Corrado-Yannick Weber

Roberto Luongo
Jacob Markstrom

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The menus are so ****ing horrible in this game. I just lost months worth of progress. **** this Chicago GM. :facepalm: I finally made it to the second round in the playoffs, go to hold a team meeting, BAM, the entire thing ****ing freezes, progress lost and all.

I'm going to Montreal or Ottawa. Which one should I do?

Last edited:

A Calgary Flames Fan

Jun 13, 2011
Calgary
Canucks head to All-Star Break with subpar record

owngoal2.jpg

Vancouver has struggled up to the All-Star weekend in Columbus, with a record of 19-23-3

Jay Morrison's first year as Canucks GM hasn't gone as well as fans had hoped, but Morrison expected this. "We're rebuilding, hence why we made those trades back in September. I'm still impressed with some of the guys here"

Rick Nash leads the Canucks in goals with 24, tying him with Jaden Schwartz for 7th in the league. Nash also leads the Canucks in points with 39, with former Rangers teammate Derek Stepan only one point behind him. Veteran Alex Tanguay is also enjoying a successful Canucks debut with 36 points.

Both goalies have similar stats
Luongo has a 90.56% Save Percentage, whereas Markstrom has a slightly better 90.98% Save Percentage. Their GAA's are nearly identical, with Luongo posting a 2.95 GAA and Markstrom with a 2.96

Rick Nash was the only Vancouver player named to the NHL All-Star game.

462171858-rick-nash-of-the-new-york-rangers-and-team-toews-is.jpg

Rick Nash, seen here at the 2015 All-Star game in Columbus, was the only Canucks representative

Vancouver currently sits at 12th in the Western Conference and 6th in the Pacific division with 41 points, but they only have 1 point more than Los Angeles and Minnesota, the 2 teams tied for last in the conference. Despite this, Vancouver is only 4 points out of a playoff spot thanks to a weak Pacific division. Florida is last in the league with 36 points, making Vancouver the 4th worst team in the NHL as of now.

A Calgary Flames Fan

Jun 13, 2011
Calgary
tsn-tradecentre-iphone_65451.jpg

Vancouver Canucks Trade Deadline report

Canucks enter Trade Deadline with 28-29-5 record. The currently sit at 3rd in the Pacific, despite being 14 points behind Calgary, who is 2nd in the division. The Oilers have the same amount of points as Vancouver, so it could be a tight race for that final playoff spot

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie
Canucks have done excellent since All-Star break, could look to add a rental today. Hamhuis wants out, and struggling Sutter and Prust are reportedly on block.

Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger
Keep an eye on Vancouver and Edmonton. Both teams competing for 3rd spot in Pacific division. LA not far behind but playing poorly

No trades through hour 1. Canucks talking with Bruins

Pierre LeBrun @PierreLeBrun
Hamhuis to Bruins for 2 picks

Per @PierreLeBrun, Hamhuis is heading to Boston. Picks are a 1st and a 2nd in this years draft. The 2nd rounder originally belonged to Philly.

Vancouver Canucks @VanCanucks
Canucks trade Hamhuis to Bruins, recall Matt Bartkowski from Utica.

Jay Morrison @JayMorrison
Don't expect Bartkowski to be playing tonight, currently shopping for another D-man as we speak

Canucks send Brandon Sutter to Carolina for James Wisnewski

Canucks retain $300K of Sutter's salary in trade, place Bartkowski on waivers

Pierre LeBrun @PierreLeBrun
Nobody claims Bartkowski, he will return to Utica. Canucks recall Cal O'Rielly, but may make a trade for a Bottom 6 center.

Jay Morrison @JayMorrison
I'd like to welcome Marcus Kruger to the Vancouver Canucks. Whoops, spoke too early didn't I?

As 'accidentally' leaked by Morrsion, Canucks acquire Kruger, plus a 3rd round pick, from Chicago for Cory Conacher and unsigned prospect Jordan Subban

Canucks return Cal O'Rielly to Utica. 2 AHLers called up and send back down over the course of 2 hours. Bartkowski didn't even know he was called up until the Wisnewski trade happened.

NYRangers3061

Lets Go Rangers!!!
Jan 9, 2015
Rangerstown

Los%20Angeles%20Kings%202014%20Logo%20Los%20Angeles%20Kings%20Fabric%20Wall%20Decals.jpg

Heir to the Throne

Breaking News:
Los Angeles Kings co-owners Phillip Anschutz and Edward Roski have announced today that they have fired GM Dean Lombardi. Lombardi was fired after reportedly being involved in the drug problems that the Kings have had with some players the last few years. As Roski said, "It was revealed to us that Dean supplied a few of our players with these illegal substances, and we just can't have that. That doesn't fly here. So we had to let him go. It's a shame. He's done a great job here, but there is no place here for someone like that. We want to have a positive influence in this community, not a negative one, by bringing in bad things.". The Los Angeles Kings announced just moments ago that Luc Robitaille would be promoted from president of business operations, to GM of the LA Kings. Luc Robitaille played for the Kings for 14 seasons. He will take over the GM role immediately, just prior to the start of the 2015 preseason. Now we go live to a press conference with the Kings owners and Luc Robitaille...

Roski: As you all know, we are calling this press conference to announce the hiring of Luc Robitaille as the GM of the Los Angeles Kings. Selecting Mr. Robitaille was a quick and easy decision. We did not interview any other candidates. Mr. Robitaille knows the organization, he knows the team, and he knows the players. We feel that he can keep this organization playing at the high level it has been at these past few years. We are confident in Mr. Robitaille and his abilities. Any questions?

Reporter: Yes. Is Darryl Sutter safe as coach?
Robitaille: Yes. He is a fantastic coach who knows what he's doing, and knows how to get players to play how he wants. He is not going anywhere as of now.

Reporter: Are you and ownership on the same page as far as, the future of this organization and the path to take, as well as the present?
Robitaille: Yes. We are all on the same page here. We all know how good this team is right now. We're a Stanley Cup contender. Unless we seriously underperform and are reasonably far out of a playoff spot come trade deadline day, we'll remain contenders, and we'll likely add some players.

Reporter: Are their any immediate changes you would like to make, or any wholes in the lineup that jump out at you?
Robitaille: Not really. We'll see how things shake out, and see if we have to make a move later on, but as of right now, I think we're good on the NHL level. In the AHL, I'd like to add some depth, but I don't think I'll be making a trade to do that just yet. I'll start calling some players agents tomorrow to see if we can work out a contract.

Anschutz: Thank you all for coming. Welcome to the role of general manager Mr. Robitaille.

A Calgary Flames Fan

Jun 13, 2011
Calgary
2015_Stanley_Cup_playoffs_logo.png

Canucks edge Oilers in season closer, clinch playoff spot

It was a crucial game for the Edmonton Oilers and Vancouver Canucks, as the winner would go to the 2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs. No matter who won, the series would be intense as it would either be Edmonton VS Calgary or Vancouver VS Calgary. Alas, the Canucks won in a shootout, ruining what could've been an intense Battle of Alberta series. However, the Canucks VS Flames series should be a great one. The Oilers had a chance to clinch a wildcard, but LA won their final game to knockout Edmonton.

LINEUP COMPARISON
Vancouver
Alex Tanguay-Derek Stepan-Rick Nash
Chris Higgins (A)-Bo Horvat-Jaromir Jagr
Antoine Roussel-Marcus Kruger-Jannik Hansen(A)
Brandon Prust-Brandon McMillan-Derek Dorsett

Marc Staal-Erik Johnson
Ryan Stanton-James Wisniewski
Frank Corrado-Yannick Weber

Roberto Luongo
Jacob Markstrom

Calgary
Johnny Gaudreau-Sean Monahan-Jiri Hudler
Mason Raymond-Sam Bennett-Michael Frolik
Lance Bouma-Mikael Backlund-Eric Fehr
Matt Stajan-Lars Eller-Joe Colborne

Mark Giordano-TJ Brodie
Kris Russell-Dougie Hamilton
Deryk Engelland-Dennis Wideman

Karri Ramo
Jonas Hiller

Last edited:

A Calgary Flames Fan

Jun 13, 2011
Calgary
2015_Stanley_Cup_playoffs_logo.png

:nucks VS :flames

GAME 1
:nucks 4 :flames 1

The Canucks scored 4 goals on just 22 shots, whereas Luongo stopped 36 out of 37 shots. Vancouver scored 2 shorthanded goals from Brandon McMillan and Marc Staal in the 1st period in response to Mikael Backlunds early goal. Wisnewski and Hansen also scored for the Canucks

GAME 2
:nucks 3 :flames 4 (OT)

The Flames tied the series thanks to a powerplay goal from Dougie Hamilton with 7:34 remaining in the 1st OT period. Vancouver tied the game after heading into the 3rd period 3-1, but it didn't matter. Weber, Prust and Tanguay with the goals for the Canucks.

GAME 3
:flames 1 :nucks 5

The Canucks dominated the 3rd game, scoring 5 goals in a row before Flames center Sean Monahan got one late in the 3rd. Hansen, Stepan, McMillan, Jagr and Corrado scored for Vancouver.

GAME 4
:flames 2 :nucks 1

Brandon McMillan got his 3rd goal of the playoffs and 5th point, but it wasn't enough as Bennett and Eller scored in the 3rd period to allow the Flames to retie the series. All goals were scored in the 3rd.

GAME 5
:nucks 2 :flames 3 (OT)

The Flames take a series lead for the first time, winning their 2nd OT game thanks to a wrister from Michael Frolik with 6:57 to go in the 1st OT period. Jagr and Higgins scored for Vancouver, but other than that the Canucks could simply not solve Karri Ramo, who made 41 saves.

GAME 6
:flames 0 :nucks 2

Vancouver recorded the first shutout of the series, with Luongo making 23 saves for the win and helping the Canucks force a Game 7 in Calgary. Hansen and Nash scored for Vancouver, both coming exactly 1 minute apart late in the 1st period.

GAME 7
:nucks 4 :flames 3

VANCOUVER WINS! Horvat opened up the scoring early in the first, but Sam Bennett tied it up late. The 2nd period was busy, with Nash lifting the Canucks to a 3-1 lead thanks to 2 powerplay goals, but Hudler responded with a powerplay goal of his own, and Bennett tied the game again. However, Dorsett scored the lone 3rd period goal a little over halfway in to lift the Canucks over the Flames and carry them to Round 2!

Vancouver+Canucks+v+Nashville+Predators+Game+XyAbefBuyrQl.jpg

Vancouver players hop off the bench to celebrate their Game 7 win

SuperGM17

Jun 17, 2015
British Columbia
The menus are so ****ing horrible in this game. I just lost months worth of progress. **** this Chicago GM. :facepalm: I finally made it to the second round in the playoffs, go to hold a team meeting, BAM, the entire thing ****ing freezes, progress lost and all.

I'm going to Montreal or Ottawa. Which one should I do?

If you're having troubles, try EHM bro!!!!! I really wanna see somebody do a EHM write up

Ermo20

Feb 29, 2016
South Carolina
Well hello all, I'm completely new to the forums here. This is my first post on these forums. I registered to talk about NHL 16, so I thought I'd start off here.

I started a Panthers franchise a couple days ago and I'm kicking off year four. Not exactly the best team to rebuild since the Panthers have a lot of young talent, but they're still a team that needs cleaning up (Jagr is so old, Czechoslovakia was a country when he was drafted, like seriously... :amazed:) I know they're okay in the real NHL so far this season, but they've got good young talents like Ekblad and Huberdeau, and then really old guys like Jagr and Luongo. ANYWAY, I thought I'd fix things up a bit in South Florida. They really need it.

I simulate all games except the playoffs and when I'm on a 2+ game losing streak. Going into year 4, I've won 3 cups.

Roster:

Huberdeau 92 / Barkov 90 / Smith 85
Jokinen 85 / Bjugstad 88 / Pirri 84
Abdelkader 84 / Bolland 85 / Jones 82
Crouse 83 / Trocheck 82 / Brickley 82

Kulikov 86 / Ekblad 92
Gudbranson 85 / Franson 86
Olsen 81 / O'Brien 82

Kahkonen 81

That's Lawson Crouse, Andrew O'Brien, and Kaapo Kahkonen if you don't recognize them, the rest are players playing for NHL teams right now.

Goalie's kind of a problem for me right now. Luongo's retirement was expected but I really wish 22 year old Kahkonen (High Potential, Fringe Starter) would develop faster, but he doesn't really want to. I've got Al Montoya behind him, but Kahkonen's got potential and will probably be the goalie of the future for this team, so I'm starting him over the veteran, Montoya. Hopefully the huge amount of playing time will get him progressed up quickly.

Otherwise, this team's pretty good, in my opinion. I hate the scouting in NHL 16, but at least there hasn't come a time yet where I really need a really young guy from the draft to take on a huge role (someone that I've had to draft, I mean, the team's young, Ekblad's 22, Barkov's 23, Huberdeau's 25).

Well I'll update this as the season progresses, but here's my initial post on the franchise. Stay tuned if you're interested!

Last edited:

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Does anybody know how the GM mode draft lottery works?

I finished last but ended up dropping to 4th overall pick.

Loaded some earlier saves (before draft, end of playoffs, beginning of playoffs, and end of season) and all saves ended up with the same result - me dropping to 4th in the draft.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Does anybody know how the GM mode draft lottery works?

I finished last but ended up dropping to 4th overall pick.

Loaded some earlier saves (before draft, end of playoffs, beginning of playoffs, and end of season) and all saves ended up with the same result - me dropping to 4th in the draft.

That's how it is in real life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad