Be A GM Thread - NHL16 EDITION

Status
Not open for further replies.

GingerJesus28

This is the way
Feb 25, 2015
Saskatchewan
Attempting to get a new thread started for the NHL16 BeAGM... theres one for NHL15, but not NHL16, so lets get this one going for NHL16!

Someone must have some interesting posts on how insanely players progress!

After 2 years, Scott Laughton went from top 4 green potential 80 overall to FRANCHISE potential 93 overall... yep... I wish EA I wish :laugh:

So lets get this thread going! Post your NHL16 BeAGM stories in here.

Last edited:

Packfan1022

Oct 15, 2014
USA
I Guess I'll Post The First Log! Please leave feedback for my presentation style! There won't be pictures but I hope you enjoy it anyway!

Islanders GM Snow Steps Down​
In what is a surprising move, award-winning general manager Garth Snow has stepped down from his post, becoming the direct advisor to owner Charles Wang as the team moves to Brooklyn. Who takes over as the Islanders GM? None other than Greg Snow, former executive of the OHL’s Oshawa Generals and the son of Garth Snow. When asked about the move, Snow said he wanted “to give his son the best opportunity possible for success, while staying one of the head honchoes in the great Islanders organization.†When asked about the transition, Greg said he learned a lot from his father, and we here at Newsday believe he will act in a similar manner as his old man. From Newsday publications, I’m Pack Fan.

Second Snow Makes Moves​
As I reported earlier today, Garth Snow’s son, Greg, has taken his dad’s post as the Islanders GM. The younger Snow has already made some moves, including the signings of prospect goalie Mark Visentin and prospect forward Tomas Vincour, as well as veteran forwards Brandon McMillan, Brad Boyes and Steve Bernier, and veteran defensemen Marek Zidlicky and Lumobir Visnovsky. In addition, D-Men Calvin de Haan and Kyle Burroughs, as well as forward Michael Grabner were traded to the Boston Bruins for Offensive Defenseman Torey Krug. When asked about each of the players acquired, Snow said “Boyes will contribute goals from the third line, increasing our offensive output. Bernier’s and McMillan’s skills defensively will allow us to use them in many scenarios. As for Zidlicky and Visnovsky, they are versatile, puck-moving d-men who can quarterback the powerplay and be deployed in the opposite end without any fear. We love Torey (Krug)’s skill set, and intend to pair him with Travis Hamonic. He’s a huge upgrade over de Haan.†As for the trade, Boston GM Don Sweeney said that “trading a young and talented, homegrown defenseman like Torey (Krug) is hard, we felt like we got a lot back. Grabner will dramatically increase our goal production, I find Burroughs quite an appealing prospect, and, while Calvin is a somewhat significant downgrade from Torey, he does, essentially, the same task of moving the puck around on the man advantage.†From Newsday, I’m Pack Fan.

Grabovski Shipped Out
After mighty struggles in preseason competition, centerman Mikhail Grabovski was shipped off to Nashville, with 1 million of his 5 million dollar salary retained, for a second round pick in the upcoming draft. GM Greg Snow stated that Nashville was “where Grabovski was wanted and where he wanted to go, so we pushed to get a deal done. We viewed (Mikhail) as an unnecessary piece after Steve Bernier and Brandon McMillan were brought in.†Nashville’s GM was unavailable for comment. From Newsday, I’m Pack Fan.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Can anyone tell me if GM mode is still capped off at 25 seasons? If so, that's ridiculous. Coming from sim games like OOTP, I'm used to 50+ seasons. No limit.

2K used to have no limit, which was awesome.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
I Guess I'll Post The First Log! Please leave feedback for my presentation style! There won't be pictures but I hope you enjoy it anyway!

In what is a surprising move, award-winning general manager Garth Snow has stepped down from his post, becoming the direct advisor to owner Charles Wang as the team moves to Brooklyn. Who takes over as the Islanders GM? None other than Greg Snow, former executive of the OHL’s Oshawa Generals and the son of Garth Snow. When asked about the move, Snow said he wanted “to give his son the best opportunity possible for success, while staying one of the head honchoes in the great Islanders organization.†When asked about the transition, Greg said he learned a lot from his father, and we here at Newsday believe he will act in a similar manner as his old man. From Newsday publications, I’m Pack Fan.

Second Snow Makes Moves​
As I reported earlier today, Garth Snow’s son, Greg, has taken his dad’s post as the Islanders GM. The younger Snow has already made some moves, including the signings of prospect goalie Mark Visentin and prospect forward Tomas Vincour, as well as veteran forwards Brandon McMillan, Brad Boyes and Steve Bernier, and veteran defensemen Marek Zidlicky and Lumobir Visnovsky. In addition, D-Men Calvin de Haan and Kyle Burroughs, as well as forward Michael Grabner were traded to the Boston Bruins for Offensive Defenseman Torey Krug. When asked about each of the players acquired, Snow said “Boyes will contribute goals from the third line, increasing our offensive output. Bernier’s and McMillan’s skills defensively will allow us to use them in many scenarios. As for Zidlicky and Visnovsky, they are versatile, puck-moving d-men who can quarterback the powerplay and be deployed in the opposite end without any fear. We love Torey (Krug)’s skill set, and intend to pair him with Travis Hamonic. He’s a huge upgrade over de Haan.†As for the trade, Boston GM Don Sweeney said that “trading a young and talented, homegrown defenseman like Torey (Krug) is hard, we felt like we got a lot back. Grabner will dramatically increase our goal production, I find Burroughs quite an appealing prospect, and, while Calvin is a somewhat significant downgrade from Torey, he does, essentially, the same task of moving the puck around on the man advantage.†From Newsday, I’m Pack Fan.

Grabovski Shipped Out
After mighty struggles in preseason competition, centerman Mikhail Grabovski was shipped off to Nashville, with 1 million of his 5 million dollar salary retained, for a second round pick in the upcoming draft. GM Greg Snow stated that Nashville was “where Grabovski was wanted and where he wanted to go, so we pushed to get a deal done. We viewed (Mikhail) as an unnecessary piece after Steve Bernier and Brandon McMillan were brought in.†Nashville’s GM was unavailable for comment. From Newsday, I’m Pack Fan.

Good post. I'm fine with the way it is presented, I really don't mind. :)

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Somebody should sticky this thread...

Started a new franchise with Boston last night after updating the game.

1) Traded Loui Eriksson, Zach Senyshyn, and Jeremy Lauzon to Los Angeles for Milan Lucic
Revamp of the real trade; basically making it Eriksson and a 2nd round pick for Colin Miller and Martin Jones.

2) Traded Alexander Khoklachev to Toronto for Scott Harrington
Inspired by true account that KoKo was unhappy, I moved him for a top defensive prospect. With injuries off, I'm set down the middle for several years, so he wasn't going to make it in Boston anyway.

Starting lineup heading into the regular season is;

Marchand-Bergeron-Hayes
Lucic-Krejci-Griffith
Beleskey-Spooner-Pastranak
Rinaldo-Kelly-Connolly

Chara-Seidenberg
Krug-McQuaid
Morrow-K.Miller

Rask
Gustavsson

I'm expecting Chara to retire after one year, like he always did in NHL 15, and then I'll reconfigure things with Colin Miller, Scott Harrington, and Zach Trotman. Will also have Brandon Carlo and Jakub Zboril as options depending on how they progress.

Up front, I made up Ryan Donato and Jakub Karlsson at center; don't expect either to push any time soon; but they don't need to either. Jake DeBrusk has very good ratings, so we'll see how he comes along after a year or two; but no rush there either with all my left wings under 30.

Subban & made up Zane McIntyre are my goalie prospects. Will probably trade one of them at the deadline or off-season depending on how the season is shaping up. Rask will be around for a good five seasons anyway.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
Want to do a rebuild. Will post what happens here. Give me a team (Not the Devils) to do. I am thinking someone like Vancouver but they have a lot of depth and a rebuild might only take 2 seasons or so.

I will play with assistant coach making all the moves. Will only build the roaster. Will not target star players in trade market.

GingerJesus28

This is the way
Feb 25, 2015
Saskatchewan
Want to do a rebuild. Will post what happens here. Give me a team (Not the Devils) to do. I am thinking someone like Vancouver but they have a lot of depth and a rebuild might only take 2 seasons or so.

I will play with assistant coach making all the moves. Will only build the roaster. Will not target star players in trade market.

I'd say Vancouver or Carolina. :)

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
Another good team would be the Yotes. Player progression has been insane for me, Yotes have a ton of good prospects.

I did them last year. Took 4 years to get good since even though my best player was an 82 over all i was still makeing it to the play offs and my picks sucked because of it. But through some decent pick ups in free agency I eventually put a real respectable team on the ice.

I for the life of me cant figure out that when i try and tank and ice a joke of a team they limp on into the play offs but if i build a monster team they struggle to get 40 wins.

GingerJesus28

This is the way
Feb 25, 2015
Saskatchewan
I did them last year. Took 4 years to get good since even though my best player was an 82 over all i was still makeing it to the play offs and my picks sucked because of it. But through some decent pick ups in free agency I eventually put a real respectable team on the ice.

I for the life of me cant figure out that when i try and tank and ice a joke of a team they limp on into the play offs but if i build a monster team they struggle to get 40 wins.
#EALogic :laugh:

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com

yeah, the sim engine in NHL games is out of whack. I don't know why they just don't simplify it and say that the better rated team wins 75% of the time, and then dole out fake stats based on player ratings. they probably have some foolish complex formula that hasn't worked in years. Funny, because I find NBA & Madden to actually simulate fairly well based on team ratings.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009

Probably for the same reason that when I sim year 1 Toronto ends up facing Dallas in the Finals... EA is ridiculous! :laugh:

Packfan1022

Oct 15, 2014
USA

Second Snow Makes Moves​

Grabovski Shipped Out

Morale just absolutely screwed me over. Will post tomorrow.

A Calgary Flames Fan

Jun 13, 2011
Calgary
Ey boys, you probably don't remember me but I did a lot of GM mode write ups for NHL 14. I got 16 on my XB1 recently and I'm narrowing down my choices for my first write up of 16.

Here are the candidates
:flames
:sharks
:avs
:nashville
:panthers
:sabres
:devils
:cbj

Lemme know which one I should do

GingerJesus28

This is the way
Feb 25, 2015
Saskatchewan
Ey boys, you probably don't remember me but I did a lot of GM mode write ups for NHL 14. I got 16 on my XB1 recently and I'm narrowing down my choices for my first write up of 16.

Here are the candidates
:sharks
:avs
:nashville
:panthers
:sabres
:devils
:cbj

Lemme know which one I should do
If you want a challenge: devils

if you want to have fun with prospects: sabres

if you want to win a cup asap: flames

A Calgary Flames Fan

Jun 13, 2011
Calgary
Gonna go with the Flames.

BREAKING: Flames GM Treliving promoted to Director of Hockey Operations, replacement hired

Flames GM Brad Treliving has been promoted to the role of Director of Hockey Operations. Jay Morrison has been hired has the new team GM. He has no trades or free agent signings planned and wants to go a month or two into the season to see which issues need to be addressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino