Be A GM Mode/Dynasty Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I've started GM mode with the Pens using the latest december roster download. Can't find Derek Pouliot anywhere, not even under unsigned.

If you are past October, check your "in the system" list of players - he won't be showing on your active contracts because he will be playing in junior (as will all North American prospects until the are 20, at which point they can join either your NHL team or play in the AHL).

Or just go to trade players, sort by defense men, and see him on the list there - he will likely have a logo of his junior league next to his name indicating that's where he's playing.

Hope that helps

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Statistical growth vs natural growth.

Can anyone explain the difference to me?

I've been caught a few times by the statistical growth confusion now: just traded for Shinkaruk, mid-season, as an 87 overall sniper for my top line. End of the season, turns out his actual overall is only 82 overall and he's barely a 3rd line player on my team now.

Also traded Oscar Dansk away, who dropped to an 82 overall goaltender at 25, only to see him bounce back upto his natural overall of 86 in the off-season.

If I knew both of those players were going to shift in overall,'I would have made very different decisions as a GM..

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Statistical growth vs natural growth.

Can anyone explain the difference to me?

I've been caught a few times by the statistical growth confusion now: just traded for Shinkaruk, mid-season, as an 87 overall sniper for my top line. End of the season, turns out his actual overall is only 82 overall and he's barely a 3rd line player on my team now.

Also traded Oscar Dansk away, who dropped to an 82 overall goaltender at 25, only to see him bounce back upto his natural overall of 86 in the off-season.

If I knew both of those players were going to shift in overall,'I would have made very different decisions as a GM..

Ouch, thats gotta huirt!! :help:

And to provide some clarification to the natural vs statistical growth conundrum.
You have to check out how your player is doing in progress reports, they aren't a useless menu anymore.
I usually check them after the end of every month, basically the 1st of each month to see if anyone has grown.
Natural growth is just that, natural and will apply for the rest of that players career until he starts regressing.
Statistical growth is a different story. It "wears off"(kind of like the "Starman" power up in Mario games, how it only lasts a for a few seconds, similar to that). For stat growth, it wears off, or resets once the pre-season has kicked over to the new season. Thats why there have been people signing these 'amazing goalies' that grew ridiculous amounts to contracts, and why they reset to their normal overall.

Basically, 80% of the time, it's players with white potential that get either positive or negative statistical growth.
BUT when it is a player with actual potential, then that growth will reset just like how players get really high with statistical growth, only the statistical growth will reset.

Unfortunately we cannot see the CPU teams progress reports, so if you notice a player really high like that, if you make the trade, check it straight away to see if it's natural or statistical growth.

Hope that was informative and helpful.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
If you are past October, check your "in the system" list of players - he won't be showing on your active contracts because he will be playing in junior (as will all North American prospects until the are 20, at which point they can join either your NHL team or play in the AHL).

Or just go to trade players, sort by defense men, and see him on the list there - he will likely have a logo of his junior league next to his name indicating that's where he's playing.

Hope that helps

He's nowhere under contracts, in the system or the trade screen.

loopy91

Jan 6, 2015
2019-2020 NHL All-Star Break
JETS SITTING 1ST OVERALL IN STANDINGS

The Winnipeg Jets have played remarkably well up to the unofficial mid way point of the year. They boast a 37-11-0 record, given them 74 points, 10 ahead of the 2nd place Dallas Stars. What turned out to be their best start to a season with their new franchise, the Jets jumped to an early 8-0-0 record and continued to show that it was no fluke. They won a league leading 12 straight, and then went on to win 13 of their last 16 games before the break. To break it down for you we have Senior Hockey Analyst Hari Balsac along with Bob McBobin and our newest member of the team Al Gabra, live from Hari's native country, Finland:

McBobin: "So Hari here we are, 48 games into the season and the Winnipeg Jets sit on top the entire league with 74 points. What impresses you most about this team?"

Balsac: "Goaltending Bob...100%. This was a team who was struggling to win those close games, but somehow this year they have turned that around. Maybe it was the free agent signing of Igor Bobkov that triggered something inside Comrie, but this kid has been stellar."

Gabra: "I think you hit the nail directly on the head there Hari. What a bounce back season it has been for one of the best...if not THE best goalie prospect in the game right now. As it stands today, he leagues the league in wins with 22, but whats even more impressive is that he has only lost 3 games. But you look at his other numbers, 2.78 GAA and only a .897 save % you would have to wonder how he's been winning...and the answer to that question lies in what this team has been able to accomplish both defensively and offensively."

Balsac: "Great point Al. Look, ya cant win if ya cant score. Am I right? This team has scored an incredible 173 goals while allowing only 123. This success has been brought on by the youth movement GM Walsh had in place from the moment he stepped in here."

McBobin: "Al, who would you say has impressed you the most up front so far?"

Gabra: "Dylan Strome. Ya know Bob, GM Walsh talked about this kid over the summer and they had big plans for him and boy has he ever produced. 19 goals, 33 assists, point per game type of player, but what really stands out is the fact that he is +30. Hes a full package, exactly what the Jets needed"

Balsac: "What cant be loss in all this is the play of veteran Andrew Ladd. He is on pace to have career high numbers in goals, assists and points"

McBobin: "What do you think will be the Jets main focus going into this 2nd half of the season?"

Balsac: "Keep On Keepin On!!!! This has been the Jets motto throughout the year. They are a tough team to play against and want to continue to move forward with the momentum they have built early on this season"

McBobin: "Back to you, Guy"

As the All Star weekend comes to a close and guys start heading back to their respective teams, General Managers are busy as ever preparing for the long road and war ahead of them. Until next time, I'm Guy Wire.

Leon Draisaitl

German Gretzky
Jun 26, 2014
22 year old who was 86 overall potted 29 goals and 59 points playing where he was supposed to be playing (the second line). I eventually get to the preseason and he's dropped to an 83. :(

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
Plan the Parade, Cup Drought is Over

Vancouver-Canucks-Western-Conference-Champ-5.jpeg

Kyle Okposo is a name that will be long revered by Canuck fans. The talented sniper notched two goals, including the game winner to lead the Canucks to a 3-2 victory and their first ever Stanley Cup.

The Sedins were equally proficient, each finishing the game with two assists, finally shedding the questions that have hounded their playoff careers. In characteristic fashion, the duo downplayed their achievements, giving full credit to Bure and Okposo, calling them the lynchpins of Vancouver’s deadly offence.

Bure was the most excited Canuck on the ice after the win, whooping it up with teammates and giving his stick gloves and helmet to a young fan in the crowd.

“Nothing could stop us!” shouted Bure, who led the Canucks with 15 goals and 14 assists through the tournament. “My father often talked about his regret at not winning in 94 and today, we righted that wrong!”

Outside the arena, fans acted well, with the heavily armed riot police proving largely unnecessary. “We made 13 arrests for relatively minor incidents, but overall the residents of this city showed great restraint and class.”

GM DCantheDman led management out onto the ice to celebrate the victory. He quickly passed the Stanley Cup to President Trevor Linden, much to the delight of the crowd. “We did it and a lot quicker than I expected,” quipped DCan, “We got offers I never expected, getting Okposo from the Islanders and being able to draft talent like Bourque and Bure. It all came together perfectly and I could not be happier. It will be a challenge to keep this team competitive and I have a lot of work ahead of me to convince the Sedins to stick around another year, but tonight is for celebration. This is for you Vancouver!”

The Canucks playoff route took them through some very tough series, including beating LA and Colorado in six games, before needing a seventh game to get past the heavily favoured Nashville Predators in the West Coast Final.

Ottawa had an easier time reaching the finals, getting through each of Toronto, Detroit and the powerhouse Flyers in five games. They didn’t have an answer for the Canucks in the final, only scoring seven goals in the four game series.

The most entertaining series of the tournament was the dream matchup of Philly and Pittsburgh. Greatzky and Lemieux did not dssapoint, each putting up 10 points in the tightly contested seven game series. Four of the games went to overtime, including the deciding match, with Lemiuex scoring the in the second overtime to win 7-6.

Last edited:

loopy91

Jan 6, 2015
****BREAKING NEWS UPDATE****

Trade news: Pavelski has been traded. The lucky team that has acquired him is the the Winnipeg Jets. Going back to the Sharks we have young Nic Petan, along with future 2nd and 3rd rd picks. GM Walsh has called a news conference to welcome Pavelski to the team.

Walsh: "First off I want to thank Nic for all hes done here in Winnipeg. But with that being said, he just didnt reach the level of potential we were looking for when we drafted him 43rd overall in the 2013 draft. We felt it was time to move forward and when I heard San Jose had interest in him and had put Pavelski on the block I had to jump at the opportunity to bring in a top notch center. Even though he is 35 years of age, we wanted to get him here to provide some leadership in the room. We feel this has been a great day for the city of Winnipeg and its fans"

Reporter: "How do you foresee your lineup going into your next matchup against Dallas?"

Walsh: "Pavelski is going to slide into the 2nd line slot with Ladd and Ehlers as his wingmen. That pushes Tyler Johnson and Eric O'Dell down a line each. Johnson has been producing quite well, so were hoping that it will help spark young Julien Gauthier to play better offensively. Our top line will stay intact throughout the remainder of the season."

Reporter: "There had been reports that Petan wanted out of Winnipeg. Any truth to that?"

Walsh: "If he wanted out it had not been brought to my attention prior to last night. I approached Nic late last night and told him what I had on the table in front of me. Nic expressed to me that he felt it was time for a change and had thanked me for giving him the chance to play in the NHL. We wish him nothing but the best."

That concludes the conference as the team is preparing to fly home to face the Dallas Stars on Friday, whom they had beaten 5-4 just under 12 hours ago. For all of us here, I'm Guy Wire. Have a large day.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Just finished the 2023-24 season with my New Jersey devils team. I looked at the retirements and Ovechkin retired after playing more or less 1,500 games and scored 899 goals. He wouldn't even play a few more games to reach 900 goals. :laugh:

loopy91

Jan 6, 2015
THE WINNIPEG JETS ARE YOUR 2019-2020 STANLEY CUP CHAMPS!!!!!

After finishing the season with an incredible record of 59-21-2 en route to the organizations first ever Presidents Trophy, the Winnipeg Jets walked through the playoffs to the tune of a 16-3 record to capture the ultimate prize in all of sports, The Stanley Cup. Round one seen them knock off the Blues 4-1 and after that rounds 2 and 3 finished with similar records of 4-0, ousting the Dallas Stars and Edmonton Oilers.
The Finals saw two teams who had little competition throughout the first 3 rounds as the Philadelphia Flyers came into the series only losing 3 games. The series would go 6 games with the Jets winning the cup on the road to a score of 3-2. Here with me now is Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Dylan Strome.

Guy: "Dylan tell me what your feeling right now?"

Strome: "Theres no words...no words can describe this feeling. To come from a non playoff team and follow it up with this the year after...its amazing. A true dream come true."

Guy: "You were a leader for this team throughout the year and again in the playoffs. It really shows when you win something like the Conn Smythe."

Strome: "This team is never about just one individual effort. Yes its nice to have your name placed among the all time greats, but it truly is a group effort in here. Right from the back end all the way up and down our 4 lines. I owe each and every one of them a pat on the back and a nice home cooked meal...or maybe an expensive night on the town. 2020 STANLEY CUP CHAMPS BABY!!! WWWWOOOOO!!!"

Guy: "Thanks Dylan. Well that wraps up our 2019-20 Season. Coming up at the draft our analysts will look back at the year and update us on how things went down statistically for this Jets squad. Once again, from all us of here and from everyone around the NHL, so long for now. I'm Guy Wire"

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
XBOX 360

Wondering if there's a way to put Eichel and Hanifin in the draft. I've created them and put them on CHL teams through "Player Movement" but they either are picked up in free agency or are property of an NHL team as soon as I start my BAGM.

Any help would be great!

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
XBOX 360

Wondering if there's a way to put Eichel and Hanifin in the draft. I've created them and put them on CHL teams through "Player Movement" but they either are picked up in free agency or are property of an NHL team as soon as I start my BAGM.

Any help would be great!

Look one post below you. I just posted a video (for the 7th time I believed :laugh:) on how to do it.

Hope that helps!!!

badams326

Apr 17, 2014
Jan. 28th, 2020

:nucks

2020 All-Star Break Update

The Vancouver Canucks head into the All-Star Game with a record of 22-20-4
(48 Points), good enough for 5th in the Pacific Division. LW Hunter Shinkaruk leads the team in Goals (21) and Points (40). C Jared McCann leads the team in Assists (26). G Jacob Markstrom is playing decent this season, posting a Save Percentage of 91% and a Goals Against Average of 2.75.

League Leaders (Goals)
1. Steven Stamkos (34 Goals)
2. Emerson Etem (30 Goals)
t-3. Jonathan Drouin (28 Goals)
t-3. Tyler Seguin (28 Goals)
t-5. John Tavares (27 Goals)
t-5.James Neal (27 Goals)
t-5. Alexander Steen (27 Goals)

League Leaders (Assists)
t-1. Nicolas Petan (41 Assists)
t-1. Ryan Getzlaf (41 Assists)
t-3. Steven Stamkos (37 Assists)
t-3. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (39 Assists)
5. Jonathan Drouin (37 Assists)

League Leaders (Points)
1. Steven Stamkos (73 Points)
2. Jonathan Drouin (65 Points)
3. Ryan Getzlaf (59 Points)
4. Corey Perry (57 Points)
t-5. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (56 Points)
t-5. Kyle Okposo (56 Points)
t-5. Nathan MacKinnon (56 Points)

Up Next: Trade Deadline Update

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Trade Deadline​

tsn-tradecentre.png

Duthie: It's Deadline day, where rumors become reality, where players move along, and teams let it go. This year is no exception to the whole rumor mill. Along with me, James Duthie, is Pierre McGuire, Aaron Ward, and former NHL goalie Martin Biron. So guys, what names have you heard churning throughout the last 12-24 hours.

Ward: Arizona is looking to unload some of their older veteran guys. A rebuild is apparently underway, as Bob reported just over a month ago. Some notable names being thrown around are Shane Doan, the rugged Power forward and Captain of the Coyotes. Many believe his time is up and he wants his cup. Other names are Zybnek Michalek, and Martin Erat. We'll see what happens as almost anybody is up for the right price.

Pierre: Buffalo is another team that is looking to unload it's UFA players and or aging veteran players. They have 3 1st round picks already in what is the deepest draft since 03. Some key guys to look out for on the block are Drew Stafford, the gritty Right Winger, Chris Stewart, the big bodied scorer who has lost his touch but could find it again on a winning team, Andrej Meszaros, the defenseman has been rumored to be on the outs with the GM Tim Murray after he was apparently lied to about the direction of the team in the off season, and they are even apparently shopping Brian Gionta the veteran winger who at the age of 36 can for sure help depth scoring and 2nd unit power play time.

Biron: Well I've heard that both Colorado and New Jersey are looking to unload their veteran players, and that list include guys like Iginla, Jagr, Tanguay, Briere who we know can score in the playoffs, Elias and Zidlicky. There certainly are a lot of guys being shopped, but with more teams selling than buying, it'll be hard to make a deal.

Duthie: Thanks guys. As we await for any potential deals, let talk about the surprise of this year, the Carolina Hurricanes. Many people would never have seen the big moves they made coming. Some would argue that they were long overdue. What is your guys' take on the moves they've made so far and the general direction they are headed?

Pierre: I think it's a very bold direction, but one that was needed for that franchise. The team has been in shambles for the past 2 and a half years due to injuries, guys not panning out, and it was clear that they needed a true blow it up rebuild. So far we've seen guys like Cam Ward, Jiri Tlusty and Andrej Sekera traded out for picks and it's the right call. You win in today's NHL by drafting and developing your own homegrown talent. I give the new GM a solid B+ for his decisions and for his set plan he mentioned he has.

Ward: I personally do not like the way he's handled the team. They have a solid core there, but like Pierre said, had many injuries to key players for long stretches of time. I feel they were only a solid addition or 2 away from really competing for the Cup again. C- for me.

Duthie: Alright it looks like we have our first trade to announce, let's go to out Trade Breakers, Bob McKenzie, Darren Dregger and Gord Miller

0228tsn.jpg

Bob: Well, Carolina draws first blood today as they ship out Dustin Penner back to L.A for a 2015 2nd round pick.

**an hour later**

Duthie: We have another trade...or is it 2 to announce..?

Bob: It is indeed 2 trades. Both of them involving Carolina. First one is Semin to the Jets for a 2015 2nd.
Dregger: Next one has D Tim Gleason heading out to Montreal for D Bryan Allen and a 2nd round pick, 2015 of course.

Other notable trades:
Buffalo:
2015 1st Dallas
Dallas:
2015 2nd(NYI)
D Andrej Meszaros
--------------------------
Detroit:
D Brian Campbell
Florida:
G Jake Paterson
--------------------------
Nashville:
RW Jaromir Jagr
New Jersey:
LW Justin Kirkland
RW Patrick Cehlin

**End of the day**

Duthie: Alright, there were in total 6 trades made today, half of them involving the Hurricanes. What do you guys think was the outcome of the day for the Hurricanes?

Pierre: I think it was a win. They moved a couple expiring contracts in Gleason and Penner, and moved the streaky and inconsistent winger in Alexander Semin, that in of itself is a huge win to move that albatross contract. Hopefully he can find his form again in Winnipeg. Carolina got a few 2nd rounders which will help restock the cupboards for the future.

Ward: What can I say? I wasn't pleased with the way they handled the year, but Pierre is right, it is a win anytime you can move a player with a contract like that off the team, that move alone, they get a win from me.

Alright thanks guys, this was Trade Deadline on TSN, I'm James Duthie and for the rest of the Deadline crew have a good night folks.

Buckwheat

Jan 15, 2010
NY
Just passed the all star break 2018 with my rebuilding Jets GM. I'm just gonna summarize some of the moves I've made and what's happened so far:

Finished 3rd last the first year trying to tank to get Mcdavid. Ended up taking Konecy 3rd after Mcdavid and Barzal.

Shipped out Mark Stuart and Michael Frolik for some picks also that year.

Next year around December or January I traded Blake Wheeler to Tampa for Nikita Kurcherov, Andrej Sustr, and a 3rd that year.

2016 ended finishing 29th. Was able to snag Sean Day 2nd overall after the computer took a defense also #1.

Latest trade I made was Pavelic and a 3rd this year for Filip Forsberg. I thought that trade was a steal seeing how I'm hoping Comrie will be my number one at the start of next year.

My only free agent splashes were Kyle Brodziak and Tuomo Ruutu to play on my bottom six.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Ouch, thats gotta huirt!! :help:

And to provide some clarification to the natural vs statistical growth conundrum.
You have to check out how your player is doing in progress reports, they aren't a useless menu anymore.
I usually check them after the end of every month, basically the 1st of each month to see if anyone has grown.
Natural growth is just that, natural and will apply for the rest of that players career until he starts regressing.
Statistical growth is a different story. It "wears off"(kind of like the "Starman" power up in Mario games, how it only lasts a for a few seconds, similar to that). For stat growth, it wears off, or resets once the pre-season has kicked over to the new season. Thats why there have been people signing these 'amazing goalies' that grew ridiculous amounts to contracts, and why they reset to their normal overall.

Basically, 80% of the time, it's players with white potential that get either positive or negative statistical growth.
BUT when it is a player with actual potential, then that growth will reset just like how players get really high with statistical growth, only the statistical growth will reset.

Unfortunately we cannot see the CPU teams progress reports, so if you notice a player really high like that, if you make the trade, check it straight away to see if it's natural or statistical growth.

Hope that was informative and helpful.

Brilliant man.

Thanks for this. Exactly the sort of thing I was looking for.

Still makes growth (both natural and statistical) very difficult for me to predict. I seem to get a few 4.5-star potential players that never reach 1st line status in NHL 15 compared to in previous NHL games.

Great post though - once again man, very much appreciate it.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Sorry for not responding sooner, I've been very busy lately. Anyway here is the video.

I think that is my 7th post of that video since it came out :laugh:

Lol, love it man.

Thanks - I was missing that middle step that changed his status to undrafted.

tezgm99

Jan 12, 2015
Cranbrook
Boston_Bruins_logo_Dark_430x155.gif

Well, compared to last year, the 2025 offseason was a rather quiet one for the Bruins. With no first round pick in the draft (traded it for Jersey's 2026 1st instead on a hunch that they'll still be relatively poor while we won't be) and packaging waiver claim, Mathew Dumba, with a couple of underutilised prospects, Boychuk was able to pick up Edwin Bellemy and Will Bouma from the Canucks. It is the hope that Bellemy, despite being a DFD, can be used in place of the aging Mark Stone who will start the season in the AHL.

The former 3rd round pick had this to say about being traded to the Bruins; "it was a bit of a shock at first. Having spent so long at Vancouver, I hadn't really considered this. But knowing that Johnny pushed so hard to get me here has helped me settle in. I mean, I was the guy that had the tough job of trying to replace him at Vancouver after he retired so I feel a bit humbled to be honest. Besides, who wouldn't want the chance to play for an Original Six team?"

Boychuk added; "Edwin has been a big part of Vancouver's success on the PK over the years and has also shown to be more than capable of putting up a good amount of points so we hope he can continue that here in Boston."

A few promising prospects will start the year, with management confident in their ability to handle the pressure and choosing to release both Killhorn and McBride, while sending Maksimovich back to Providence to give these youngsters their chance. Kobayashi will drop down a line to make room for Boston's 2023 5th overall pick in Kelly Linden (4.5 yellow) with Henry Carney (3.5 yellow) taking back Maksimovich's spot on the 4th line and Jonas seeing what he can do as the backup to Lacosta.

Asked about their goals for the upcoming season, Johnny replied; "we have to build on last year. We may not have had the goal scoring options of a Tampa Bay, but I believe we have one of the best defensive cores in the conference if not the league. If our kids continue to improve and we don't get hit too hard with injuries, I honestly feel that we can be better than last season."

Time will tell...

2025/2026 Opening night roster:

Solis, 86 PWF (23)____Barkov, 87 PLY (30)_____Krog, 87 SNP (24)
Linden, 84 TWF (22)____Oleksy, 81 PLY (25)_____Griffith, 84 SNP (32)
Kobayashi, 84 PWF (24)__MacInnis, 81 PWF (29)_____Alos, 82 PLY (24)
Carney, 79 PWF (25)____Konichev, 80 GRN (24)___Tukonen, 81 PWF (27)

Hamilton, 88 OFD (32)____Trouba, 90 TWD (31)
Komadoski, 87 DFD (21)__Krug, 85 OFD (34)
Paetsch, 83 OFD (24)____Bellemy, 82 DFD (28)

Lacosta, 85 HYB (26)
Jonas, 81 HYB (21)

Italics indicate rookie.​

Last edited:

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Brilliant man.

Thanks for this. Exactly the sort of thing I was looking for.

Still makes growth (both natural and statistical) very difficult for me to predict. I seem to get a few 4.5-star potential players that never reach 1st line status in NHL 15 compared to in previous NHL games.

Great post though - once again man, very much appreciate it.

You're very welcome. I've noticed quite a few people don't seem to quite understand it, so I tried to explain it in a way that everyone could understand. :)

And yeah that is rare, but some players just don't progress for whatever reason.

The ONLY thing I can think of to help is to save the file once the season starts, back out to main menu, load it up and see where the players role is, since it doesn't update until you save and quit. Then, save it a 2nd time under a different name under "Test" to put that player you've had trouble with in the role they're assigned, ex Minor SCR FWRD, then they belong in AHL. If you notice quite a fair bit of natural growth under the Progress reports, then great they're growing.
IF, however, they aren't progressing as expected, finish out the season/playoffs and get to draft. If they have barely grown/not grown at all, then maybe they needed to play a different role.
Back out, load the "TEST" file(never load autosave files for this trick :laugh: ) and try that player say on the 3rd line in the NHL/3rd D pairing, with 2nd unit PP time(depending on offensive stats)/2nd PK unit(depending on Defensive stats) and take note of their stats and progress, if they are progressing, then that's the problem, if not, then they are busts and trade them right away. I do this often to find out who are busts or can actually progress if I notice they have 'stalled' their progress.

The 1 area that is kind of grey is the Depth FWD/D. Sometimes they develop playing AHL time(top time everywhere of course), but sometimes they NEED to play NHL minutes to progress, so the trick I suggested above works for them too.

It sounds time consuming, and it is to an extent, but it definitely helps finding out who the busts/gems are.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
The 1 area that is kind of grey is the Depth FWD/D. Sometimes they develop playing AHL time(top time everywhere of course), but sometimes they NEED to play NHL minutes to progress, so the trick I suggested above works for them too.

Yeah, depth fwd is interesting.

I had 3 depth forwards in that no-man's land that weren't quite good enough for the NHL but were too good for the AHL. All 4-star yellow potential, 80-81 overall.

I played all 3 top minutes in the AHL for the full year and they dominated. Then in the off-season:

2 of them jumped to 84-85 overall, and the other one stayed at 81 overall and dropped to red stars.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Yeah, depth fwd is interesting.

I had 3 depth forwards in that no-man's land that weren't quite good enough for the NHL but were too good for the AHL. All 4-star yellow potential, 80-81 overall.

I played all 3 top minutes in the AHL for the full year and they dominated. Then in the off-season:

2 of them jumped to 84-85 overall, and the other one stayed at 81 overall and dropped to red stars.

It really sucks because unless you try the trick I suggested and do 2 separate save files, you never know what to do with them. It really sucks when they are in that tweener, no mans land stage of development.
Yeah that seems to happen. They either progress well, or they stay the same and drop potential, which sucks. But hey 2/3 ain't too shabby. :nod:

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
It really sucks because unless you try the trick I suggested and do 2 separate save files, you never know what to do with them. It really sucks when they are in that tweener, no mans land stage of development.
Yeah that seems to happen. They either progress well, or they stay the same and drop potential, which sucks. But hey 2/3 ain't too shabby. :nod:

So your two separate save files suggestion is:

1 - Create a backup save.

2 - Play through the season and see how they develop.

3 - If they don't develop re-load the backup save and adjust their spot in the roster to improve development?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad