Status
Not open for further replies.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
March 3rd 2016

Trade Deadline review

nhl--toronto_maple_leafs_1966-67.gif

The Leafs were quiet at this year's deadline making only one trade. They shipped out goalie Nicklas Backstrom and 2018 3rd round to St.Louis in exchange for Martin Brodeur and a 2016 4th round pick.

martin-brodeur.jpg

New acquisition Martin Brodeur pictured above

Martin Ward discussed the trade after the deadline passed: "We felt a need to add another veteran presence to the room. James could use a push and Marty can still play at this level. So we decided to make this move, Marty will serve as a capable starter and mentor for James. He also brings over 200 games of playoffs experience, and 3 Stanley cup rings. You can't buy experience and this is a move that will help us as we seek to win a few playoff rounds. It was really a no brainier."

The Leafs also announced that they've recalled William Nylander and sent down forward Andrew Ebbett. John Tortarella offered his thoughts: Andrew was doing a good job here, we just feel that it would benefit Willie to get a few games under his belt and too play in the NHL playoffs, he's had a great year in the AHL and he's looked ready for awhile. He will get a chance and hopefully he will gain valuable experience."

nylander.jpg

William Nylander

When asked what he thought about his callup, Nylander had this to say: It's great, I'm excited. I'm having a good year and I have worked hard, I want to make the team next year and I want to prove that I can help out."

Time will tell if Nylander can help out. For TSN I'm Greg White.

UnknownNasty

Oct 5, 2014
Sorry to be a pain as I'm sure this has been asked 1000 times before, but what current 2015 draft picks AREN'T in the game? I didn't see Noah Hanifin or Jack Eichel, but I'm sure more are missing. I'm looking to start doing a write ups again, but I want to start off on the right page. I'm going to be using Ottawa so these top prospects are going to be pretty important :laugh:

Don't forget about Kyle Connor, Jordan Greenway, Zach Werenski, Mikko Rantanen, Brock Boeser and Alex Dergachev. I also edited McDavid's potential to 5 green stars, and many players need to be edited. I edited many current player overalls, to make them NHL-ready, instead of having them wait for 6 years in the minors.

NYRangers3061

Lets Go Rangers!!!
Jan 9, 2015
Rangerstown
This just in...
The Buffalo Sabres have announced that GM Tim Murray has stepped down for personal reasons. Sabres owner was quick to hire GM Glen Sather II as the new General Manager of the Buffalo Sabres.

He inherits a team in the middle of a rebuild. A team that will not make the playoffs in the next few years, but a team with good young players and prospects.

Here is how the current lineup looks:
Moulson-Girgensons-Stafford
Foligno-Hodgson-Stewart
Grigorenko-Ennis-Gionta
Larsson-Reinhart-Adam

Myers-Gorges
Meszaros-Ristolainen
McCabe-Weber

Neuvirth
Enroth
______
Hackett

*The team also has 3 1st round picks in the 2015 draft, so it should be interesting to see what he does this season. Maybe we will see him work out a deal with his father(current GM of the New York Rangers)

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
The Tampa Bay Lightning are proud to honor recent Art Ross and Hart Trophy winner Roger Beaverson. He posted 121 points to lead the league, in just 80 games. He was drafted 1st overall in 2023 and has been in Tampa ever since.

"It's been a dream come true for me to play in Tampa Bay, and I plan to play my whole career here." He and the team will soon be negotiating a new contract, expected to be in the 11m per year range.

loopy91

Jan 6, 2015
2019-20 YEAR OUTLOOK: WINNIPEG JETS

To say this is a team who needs to be better is an understatement. They have left fans scratching their heads at some of the moves made under GM Walsh over the last 5 years. Our lead reporter, Bob McBobin caught up with Walsh in Florida during an annual charity event.

McBobin: "This offseason didn't seem as busy for you as years in the past with only 3 players being brought in from the free agent market. Is this a sign that maybe your ready to move forward with what you have?"

Walsh: "We resigned some of our key guys up front, namely Ehlers and Gaudreau who have done nothing but produce since they entered the league. Back on the point we made sure to bring back Harrington to provide us with his defensive abilities to keep other players heads on a swivel when entering our zone. We want to be hard to play against. As far as goaltending goes, we were sorry to see Hutchinson go, but by bringing in Bobkov we feel that he is better suited to back up Comrie"

McBobin: "You have quite a few players in your prospect pool who seem to be on the cusp of their NHL debuts. Can you provide us with some insight who may be on the opening day roster?"

Walsh: "Right now its looking like only Juilen Gauthier. There are others who have the ability to step in and play now, but that will all be decided once training camp ends."

McBobin: "You made the decision to ship Mark Scheifele to Buffalo, along with prospect Hagelin and a pick for the Sabres 7th overall in this past draft."

Walsh: "Is there a question in there somewhere? Of course we moved him out. His production was slipping and we wanted to get something back that could benefit us down the road. Plus we got a young stud by the name of Dylan Strome...you may of heard of him...who we predict to be our #1 center this year."

McBobin: "Are you worried about Comries numbers during his first two years?"

Walsh: "Not in the least. Our D core hasn't been playing well in front of him, but were hoping that with the addition of Meloche moving up to our top line to play with Trouba that will change. Comrie is one of the best goalie prospects in the world. He'll come into his own soon enough."

McBobin: "Is there anything you'd like to say to the fans?"

Walsh: "Our fans are amazing. Night in and night out they show up in full force to support our team. I know these last 5 years have been hard...actually no one knows that better than me. Let me say this: I Guarantee this team will make the playoffs this year. You heard me right...take it to the bank! If they dont, I will glady resign from my position."

The Winnipeg Jets begin the year with a home and home series against the Colorado Avalanche. This year will be a true test from the team as it now boosts one of the youngest lineups in all the league. Will the team finally make the playoffs after missing 4 out of the last 5 years? Or will GM Walsh be out of a job come April. Opening night is just a few short weeks away and all will be told then!!!

hoc123

Feb 23, 2014
March 2'nd 2015

A injury riddled season leaves Montreal disappointed

Montreal had high hopes coming into the season. A 8-4-0 season didn't hurt those exceptions either however injures to Subban, Gilbert ,Beaulieu, and Plekanec for extended periods of time has left Montreal out of a playoff spot with not much hope this year and leaving them to rebuild for next year. A trade for Kimmo Timonen hasn't helped this year. "I won't rebuild, just rebuild for next year." Remillard proclaimed. "We did or best to ice the best team we can but there's not much you can do about injures." With this watch out for older players or players with expiring UFA's. However don't count out Montreal making a trade for a good player.

From TSN I'm Darren Dreger.

badams326

Apr 17, 2014
Oct. 2nd, 2019

:nucks

2019 Offseason

Free Agency Acquisitions
Name | Position | Overall | Year Length | Cap-Hit
Tomas Tatar|LW|87|2|$7.5 Million ($15 Million Total)

:nucks 2019-2020 Regular Season Lineup

Tomas Tatar (87, TWF) - Bo Horvat (86, PWF, C) - Zack Kassian (86, PWF)
Hunter Shinkaruk (84, SNP) - Jared McCann (84, TWF) - Shane Slaney (85, PWF)
Paul Bittner* (83, PWF) - Brendan Gaunce (83, TWF) - Jake Virtanen (83, SNP)
Dane Fox (80, TWF) - Cole Cassels (80, TWF) - Bjorn Dolak (80, SNP)

Scratched: Nicklas Jensen (81, SNP) - Tom Sesito (77, ENF)

Luca Sbisa (87, TWD) - Johnny Boychuk (84, DFD, A)
Alexander Edler (85, TWD, A) - Ron Greene* (86, TWD)
Christopher Tanev (82, DFD) - Frank Corrado (83, TWD)

Scratched: Jordie Benn (80, DFD)

Jacob Markstrom (85)
Eddie Lack (84)

*Rookie Skaters
CPU Drafted/Signed Players

Up Next: All-Star Weekend Update

hoc123

Feb 23, 2014
March 3'rd 2015
Trade deadline gives flexibility for Montreal at draft.

While Montreal has been disappointing in this season, this trade deadline has been great for Montreal as they gained 6 picks in this years draft. While there were no big moves for Montreal, this allows them to be a better team in the future and gives them some flexibility in the draft.

Moves:

Montreal receives: John Kurtz+2015 3'rd "Vancouver+2015 4'th "Anaheim"
Anaheim receives: Sergei Gonchar

Montreal receives: Richard Nedomlel+ 2015 2'nd "Detroit"
Detroit receives: Kimmo Timonen+Brett Lernout

Montreal receives: 2015 4'th "Edmonton"
Edmonton receives: Manny Malholtra

Montreal receives: Pat Cannone+ 2015 4'th "St Louis"+ 2015 6'th "St Louis"
St Louis receives: Mike Weaver

Packfan1022

Oct 15, 2014
USA
The Tampa Bay Lightning are proud to honor recent Art Ross and Hart Trophy winner Roger Beaverson. He posted 121 points to lead the league, in just 80 games. He was drafted 1st overall in 2023 and has been in Tampa ever since.

"It's been a dream come true for me to play in Tampa Bay, and I plan to play my whole career here." He and the team will soon be negotiating a new contract, expected to be in the 11m per year range.

Potential? OVR? Starting OVR? How long?

hoc123

Feb 23, 2014
June 26 2015

NHL draft preview

A bad season at least means good news at the draft as Montreal is ready to choose 5'th overall with an astonishing 17 picks in this years draft. We'll do a live draft show during the draft.

Draft picks:

5'th overall
34'th overall
50'th overall
65'th overall
82'nd overall
96'th overall
98'th overall
99'th overall
112'th overall
124'th overall
134'th overall
136'th overall
150'th overall
154'th overall
158'th overall
184'th overall
189'th overall

Last edited:

hoc123

Feb 23, 2014
Draft show:

Hello I'm Darren Dreger with Bob Mackenzie, Craig Button and James Duthie. Many teams try to build from the draft and begins tonight with the Florida Panthers having their 2'nd 1'st overall pick in a row. Will they take wonder kid Mcdavid or will they shock everyone with a trade, or taking someone else. And here comes Gary Bettman to the stage.

Gary Bettman: Hello Sunrise rise Florida. We would like to thank the Florida Panthers for hosting the draft. Now before we get the draft started we have a trade. The Montreal Canadians trade David Desharnais, Brandon Prust and the 82'nd overall pick for the 32'nd overall pick belonging to San Jose. Florida is on the clock.

Bob Mackenzie: Montreal continues to try to get better and more picks and I like this trade a lot for them. Remillard was not impressed with Desharnais, and To Remillard Purst is not worth his salary. The fact that he was able to get a 32'nd overall pick for them plus a late 3'rd is very impressive. And here comes Dale Tallon to the stage.

Dale Tallon: Hello we would like to thank the NHL and congratulate the Washington Capitals for there 1'st stanley cup win. With our pick we select Connor McDavid.

James Duthie: No shock on that pick. Imagne McDavid+Barkov on Centre.

"Skipping to 5'th overall"

Dreger: Remillard comes to the stand. McDavid, LaChance+Barzel+Dupuis is taken who will Montreal choose.

Remillard: Hello Florida. We would like to thank the city of Sunrise, the Panthers and the NHL. We select from the SHL Oliver Kylington.

Mackenzie: Great pick by Montreal. They could use another top 4 defender on Montreal and they grabbed a potential Norris winner in Krylington. This could be a game changing draft for Montreal.

"Skipping to end of the show"

Mackenzie: And that is the final pick of the draft. Let's review Montreal's trades and picks.

Trades:

Montreal gets: 32'nd overall
San Jose gets: David Deharnais+Brandon Purst+ 82'nd overall

Picks

5'th overall: Oliver Kylington 66 ovr 18 age 4 1/2 pot
32'nd overall: Mitchell Vande Sompel 57 ovr 18 age 3 1/2 pot
34'th overall: Nikita Korostelev 61 ovr 18 age 4 pot
50'th overall: Andrew Cordssen-David 52 ovr 18 age 4 pot
65'th overall: Juilas Nattinen 56 ovr 18 age 4 pot
96'th overall: Mitchell Marner 62 ovr 18 age 4 red pot
98'th overall: Vlacheslav Sbruev 63 ovr 19 age 4 red pot
99'th overall: Filip Pyrochta 58 ovr 19 age 3 1/2 pot
112'th overall: Ivan Provorov 61 ovr 18 age 4 1/2 red pot
124'th overall: Cavan Fitzgerald 61 ovr 18 age 3 1/2 pot
134'th overall: Daniel Gibl 67 ovr 19 age 3 1/2 pot
136'th overall: Jason Bell 56 ovr 18 age 3 1/2 pot
150'th overall: Alex Pawelczyk 66 ovr 19 age 3 1/2 pot
154'th overall: James Hilsendager 50 ovr 18 age 3 1/2 pot
158'th overall: Zackary Senyshyn 54 ovr 18 age 3 1/2 pot
184'th overall: Matt Spencer 58 ovr 18 age 3 1/2 pot
189'th overall: Gabriel Gagne 61 ovr 18 age 4 (red) pot

From TSN I'm Darren Dreger

tezgm99

Jan 12, 2015
Cranbrook
Bought the game for PS3 during the Black Friday sale so my current GM Mode is from whatever roster updates were done to that point in time.

I already carried out the following season, so a lot of it will be based on memory in terms of what got traded for who and the like, my apologies for that.

Boston_Bruins_logo_Dark_430x155.gif

After a long career spanning over 800 games (including playoffs), culminating with a second Stanley Cup ring, this time at Vancouver, Johnny Boychuk decided to go out on top and hung up his skates at the conclusion of the 2017/2018 season.

His heart was stuck in Boston however, and seeing the Bruins struggling, Boychuk threw his name in the ring for the vacant GM position at the start of the 2024/2025 season when the previous management was let go having finished bottom of the standings. Johnny has just five years to turn the Bruins back into an Eastern conference powerhouse, but the fans are hoping he can achieve that quicker.

Looking through the current contracts, he is happy to find a strong, if somewhat aging, defensive core with Dougie Hamilton (88, 31 y.o.), Torey Krug (87, 33 y.o.) and Nick Leddy (86, 33 y.o.) as well as a good starting goalie in Oscar Dansk (86, 30 y.o.), but is alarmed when he sees that there is just one top-6 forward (Krog hadn't got his preseason jump yet) and no top-notch prospect goalie on the roster. If the lottery goes their way, Boston will have the first overall pick, and with numerous depth players that could be used as trade bait, the new GM knows that sleep could be a rare thing leading up to draft day.

With the retirement announcements of both Milan Lucic (79) and Brad Marchand (80), that freed up a lot of cap space, but it also reduced the amount of depth players on the roster that could be used when the injury bug hits during the season. Putting on a brave face and saying all the right things live on TSN when the Rangers stole the first overall pick in the lottery, Johnny knew that the hopes of landing Viktor Schastlivy (68, 4.5 yellow at 18 y.o.) as their future C PLY would quite likely not happen. However, with his scouts raving about the play of a 20 y.o. DFD by the name of Terry Komadoski (81, 4.5 yellow) in the CHL prospects game, that may provide an opportunity to use Krug or Leddy as part of a trade in the hopes of getting that desired 1st line forward. It would have to be someone currently not being utilised fully and appreciate a fresh start.

And indeed Johnny got his man; Aleksander Barkov had been stuck on the 2nd line for the Panthers as Vitaly Kovalev (90 overall) was their first liner. Utilising Boston's plethora of depth as well as the big carrot of Nick Leddy, the former 2nd overall pick had found a new home in TD Garden. The loss of Leddy was stemmed by the rumblings out of Winnipeg that Jacob Trouba wanted to test the FA market, all that freed up cap space suddenly might come in very handy. Boston were also in talks with San Jose, snapping up the 22 y.o. PWF, Rene Solis (4 yellow LW), to partner Barkov and our 11th overall pick from 2021, Jarrod Krog (4 yellow RW SNP), if he can cut it as a first liner.

Free agency (FA) was a big one, with several good players available, and the Bruins were able to do an overhaul that had the fans wondering if playoff hockey was an attainable goal this season. There were raised eyebrows when Boychuk traded Dansk to Vancouver for their highly rated prospect goalie Cameron Jonas (75, 4.5 yellow 20 y.o.), leaving Boston without a designated starter. However, after long negotiation talks with the Islanders, that job would be given to the 25 y.o. Danny Lacosta (4 yellow) with the backup position going to Nick McBride who spent the previous season as the starter for Providence.

2024/2025 Opening night roster:

Solis, 84 PWF (23)__________Barkov, 87 PLY (29)___Krog, 84* SNP (24)
Kobayashi, 84 PWF (23, FA)___Oleksy, 81 PLY (24)___Griffith, 84 SNP (31)
MacInnis, 81 PWF (28, FA)___Killorn, 82 TWF (35)____Alos, 81 PLY (23)
Konichev, 79 GRN (23)_____Tukonen, 81 PWF (26)___Maksimovich, 80 PWF (28)

Hamilton, 88 OFD (31)_____Trouba, 90 TWD (30, FA)
Komadoski, 84* DFD (20)___Krug, 87 OFD (33)
Paetsch, 82 OFD (23)______Stone, 83 TWD (34, FA)

Lacosta, 84 HYB (25)
McBride, 80 HYB (27)

* Komadoski and Krog both jumped up to 84 before the season started.
Italics indicate rookie.

A huge turnaround from last year saw the Bruins end the season with a 41-27-14 record, good enough to nab third in their division and book a date with Montreal in round 1. Things could not have gotten off to a better start as Boychuk saw his boys win the first three games of the series. Montreal tried desperately to mount a comeback, but it was in vain as the B's won game 6 which gave the fans one more thing to cheer about since it was wrapped up on home ice. Tampa Bay were up next and this was a back and forth one. After winning game one, Boston had to dig deep to force a game 7 (3-1 down after game 4). But Tampa's big guns of Stamkos and Drouin came to play and gave us a lesson in sniping.

Providence made it to the playoffs as well, but injuries to key players meant they couldn't progress past round 1.

And so ended Johnny B's first season in charge of the B's and I will try to remember to put something on here before starting year two with them (I have gone up to the start of preseason, but won't go further for the moment) :)

Last edited:

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
No, EA doesnt have rights to NCAA or NTDP players, so you have to create them yourself.

Aren't some prospects added later on via a roster update?

What a pain - for years I used to explain to ppl here how to create prospects and add them to the draft and now I don't even remember how to do it lol

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada

What a pain - for years I used to explain to ppl here how to create prospects and add them to the draft and now I don't even remember how to do it lol

Not prospects in NCAA or the USDP, sadly. :shakehead

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
:nucks
2015/2016 Canucks Season Preview

The Canucks took the top free agent on the market, giving Martin St Louis $7M for this year. The winger is likely in his last season and is looking for another cup.

Three rookies made the lineup for opening night, proving valuable in the pre-season. Bure led the way with 6 goals in the pre-season action, including a 4 goal 2 assist night in a 16 – 0 win over the LA Kings.

Just missing the cut was Jake Virtanen, who was returned to the Calgary Hitmen for one more year of Junior. The gritty sniper notched two goals, but was outplayed by Jensen, who was outstanding in the pre-season with 5 goals.

2015/2016 Opening Night Lineup

Sedin 87 Sedin 86 Bure 90
Vrbata 86 McDavid 81 St Louis 88
Kassian 84 Matthias 83 Jensen 82
Hansen 80 Horvat 82 Dorsett 80
Burrows 84

Bourque 92 Hamhuis 88
Edler 85 Bieksa 85
Tanev 82 Corrado 82
Stanton 81

Schnieder 88
Lack 84

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
2015/2016 Trade Deadline Day

tsn-tradecentre-iphone_65451.jpg

James Duthie: Good morning and welcome to what should be a busy Tradecenter. I am here with the entire TSN Insider team. GM’s are just warming up their phones and settling in for what will prove to be long day. The first question any GM will ask themselves is are we buyers or sellers. Let’s go around the panel and see who will or won’t be making moves today.

Bob McKenzie: The theme for the Vancouver Canucks this year has been injuries to key players. There was a three week period at the end of December and into January where they were missing Bure, Hamhuis and St Louis. They managed to make it through that portion with a winning record, but as soon as St Louis returned, Henrik Sedin went down and he likely will not return until the beginning of the second round of the playoffs. The Canucks made a deal around that time, sending Alex Burrows, next year’s first, and this year’s third to the Islanders in exchange for Kyle Okposo. I don’t expect the Canucks will look at options for temporary replacements and I would be surprised if they make a significant move today.

Darren Dreger: The Montreal Canadiens will be looking to load up today. They missed out on the big names in the draft and will need more offensive weapons to compete in the arms race out east. There has been lots of rumours around the Canadiens, so look for them to make a move or two.

Gord Miller: We have a trade, and it’s a big one. Anaheim has acquired Trevor Daley from the Stars in exchange for a first this year and a prospect.

Trevor_Daley_2014-04-27.JPG

Dreger: I am hearing the prospect is Paul Bittner.

Duthie: Okay, so a major move by Anaheim to solidify their defence for the playoffs. Daley is top pairing defensive defenseman and should do wonders for the Ducks back end. Dallas is obviously looking to the future with their surprisingly poor play this season. We are starting the day off with a bang!

Aaron Ward: So, as expected Anaheim is buying and Dallas is selling. Another team I see selling this year is Calgary. Their performance has really dropped off and I see someone like Giordano heading out of town. His name has popped up in rumour multiple times and I have heard Colorado has interest.

Duthie: What about the Hurricanes, Wardo?

Ward: They will definitely be looking to offload more assets. They traded Eric Staal to Dallas in December and will look to get rid of some other veteran pieces in a bid to get younger. Look for picks and prospects going the…

Miller: We have another trade!

Duthie: What have we got, Gord?
Miller: Giordano is on his way to Colorado for this year’s first and Alex Goulet.

Duthie: So exactly what Wardo was calling. Good job, Wardo!

McKenzie: Boston and Montreal have made a deal.

Duthie: Wow, I would never have expected that. Two bitter rivals helping each other out. What’s involved?

McKenzie: I can’t confirm this just yet, but I am hearing Max Lapierre and defenceman K. Miller + a pick to Montreal in exchange for JM Leblanc and Charles Hudon. Alright, the pick is a third rounder this year.

Duthie: Montreal is loading up their depth, getting Lapierre back into the fold. I would imagine Montreal is pretty much done here today.

Miller: We are coming up on the last hour of Tradecenter and there are a lot of irons in the fire. The Hurricanes look to be close to a deal and I am hearing Dallas is close to making a major trade.

McKenzie: I’m hearing reports that Vancouver and Toronto are exchanging phone calls, but nothing is imminent.

Dreger: Okay, another trade here. Carolina has pulled the trigger on a deal.

Duthie: This is pending the trade call?

Dreger, Yes, but word is that goaltender Anton Khudobin and a pick are headed to New Jersey. No word on the return yet.

khudobinzoom092313.jpg

Duthie: So New Jersey is in the goaltender market. This is unexpected, as they acquired Markstrom at the draft and he has played well for them.

McKenzie: This is a depth trade for the playoffs. They have had injuries already this season and need some insurance.

Dreger: Wow, okay so the final deal is Anton Khudobin, and a 2nd rounder in exchange for New Jersey’s first round pick this year.

Duthie: Another big move. Lots of picks in play today. As we approach the deadline, what else is going on?

McKenzie: After much discussion back and forth, Vancouver and Toronto have decided against making a trade. Both teams will stand pat this year. Rumour is that Toronto was looking at minor league player Darren Archibald but the Canucks were unwilling to part with him for what was being offered.

Duthie: The deadline has past, any trade had to be sent in to the league by now.

Dreger: There is still a trade pending. Dallas has made a big move. I am hearing that Eric Staal, acquired earlier this year has been traded.

Eric_Staal.jpg

Miller: Holy cow, he is headed to Montreal!

Duthie: Montreal just became very dangerous. They have added some major parts to an already good team.

Miller: Dallas acquired another first rounder and prospect Marek Ruzicka in the deal.

Duthie: We will discuss the day’s events with Montreal GM Marc Bergevin, shortly. Right now we have Vancouver GM DCantheDman on the line. DCan, obviously you stood pat. What stopped you from making deals today?

DCan: We are very happy with the players we have. We made our big move earlier in the year when we got Kyle Okposo. Toronto initiated the talks today and we went back and forth a couple times kicking some tweaks around, but at the end of the day, we did not want to give up a pick, as we don’t have many in the next couple of drafts.

Duthie: Thank you DCan. Good luck the rest of the way.

DCan: Thank you.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
June 10th 2016

Leafs season in review
Toronto_Maple_Leafs155.png

Simply put the 2015-2016 season was a major success for entire Leafs organization. The Leafs won the Presidents Trophy, and then in the playoffs would beat the Penguins in a thrilling 7 game series, they would then beat the Bruins in games where they would face Phil Kessel and the Carolina Hurricanes. Ultimately the Hurricanes would put a stop to the Leafs dream year, beating the Leafs in 7 games before going on to win a second Stanley Cup after beating the Blues in the final. Take that Connor McDavid. Leaf land would have something to celebrate, as the AHL Marlies would win their first Calder Cup.

Yes, it's hard not to be happy with this year, but for some the best is yet to come. Atleast, that's how GM Martin Ward is looking at things.

"We had a great year, there's no doubt. The question now becomes how can we get better and how can we build off of this. We have some great rookies in the system and some draft picks, we want to explore every avenue in order to improve. I would like to congratulate Dale Hunter and the Marlies on their Calder Cup triumph."

A year later we decided to revisit the pivotal Phil Kessel trade, Bob McKenzie, Connor Mcdavid, Phil Kessel, Ron Francis and Martin Ward all gave their thoughts.

"Both parties love this trade. It seemed lopsided but the Canes just won a cup, and Phil Kessel not only was an integral part of that, he had a career high 96 points. The Leafs turned the page and got a true #1 center for the first time since Mats Sundin. I can't see either party regretting this deal" -Bob McKenzie

"When it happened I was shocked, I was ready to play in Ottawa. The Canes had told me they were taking Jack Eichel. There was no doubts in their mind. The Leafs interviewed me, and said they thought I was a good player, but I never it saw it coming. Not in my wildest dreams. I'm happy that I'm a Leaf. I know we're close to something big here." -Connor McDavid

eric-staal1.jpg

Eric Staal hoisting his second Stanley Cup

"I didn't think we needed to blow it all up, we had some great pieces. I didn't think we were lacking talent, we had injuries and bad bounces. We had 2 great centers and a great goalie. That's a great core there, I thought to myself if we can get into the playoffs we've got a chance. I thought Phil was a guy who could help get us back to playoffs and take the load off of our younger players, he did just that and now we're Stanley cup Champions. Take that Pierre" -Ron Francis

"Trades are meant to help both teams and this one did just that. We don't regret it and neither do they. We'll get our cup soon." -Martin Ward

It would appear that this trade certainly did benefit both teams. Time will tell just how balanced the trade actually was. However it is hard to argue with a Stanley Cup Championship. For TSN. I'm Greg White.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
June 15th

NHL Awards

This year's NHL Awards saw Connor McDavid clean up and get snubbed, the awards are as follows:

Stanley Cup Champion:
StanleyCup.jpg

Carolina Hurricanes

Presidents Trophy Winner:
trophy_presidentslg.jpg

Toronto Maple Leas

Clarence S.Campbell Bowl:
trophy_ccblg.jpg

St.Louis Blues

Prince of Wales Trophy:
trophy_princeofwhaleslg.jpg

Carolina Hurricanes

Art Ross Trophy:
trophy_artrosslg.jpg

Connor McDavid

Hart Memorial Trophy:
096.jpg

Connor McDavid

James Norris Memorial Trophy:
trophy_norrislg.jpg

Jake Gardiner

Lady Byng Memorial Trophy:
trophy_ladybynglg.jpg

Steven Stamkos

Calder Memorial Trophy:
trophy_calderlg.jpg

Jack Eichel

Conn Smythe Trophy:
trophy_connsmythelg.jpg

Cam Ward

Vezina Trophy:
trophy_vezinalg.jpg

Carey Price

William M.Jennings Trophy:
trophy_jenningslg.jpg

Darcy Kuemper/Jonathan Bernier

Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy:
trophy_billmastersonlg.jpg

Dennis Sidenberg

Frank J.Selke Trophy:
trophy_frankjselkelg.jpg

Pavel Datsyuk

Ted Lindsay Award:
ted-lindsay-award.jpg

Connor McDavid

Maurice Rocket Richard Trophy:
trophy_richardlg.jpg

Alexander Ovechkin

The general consensus is how did Jack Eichel win the calder ? Eichel himself said he was stunned to win the trophy but thrilled nonetheless.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
June 20th 2016

NHL Entry Draft preview
Toronto_Maple_Leafs155.png

As the 2016 NHL entry draft approaches there is lots of speculation that the Leafs could make a bold move or 2. Going into this year draft they hold 18 picks, up from last years 16. With a full cupboard there is speculation that something as got to give.

Bob McKenzie and Darren Dreger weigh in:

"The Leafs cupboard is full, and I mean full. Over the past 2 years they have signed or drafted almost 25 players who qualify as prospects, I would be astonished if they chose to add anymore. This doesn't include players who they've acquired through trade. At some point they will package some of these players together to acquire a player or 2."

"That's right Bob, sources have told us that GM Martin Ward will be patient, however he won't hesitate to make a trade if need be. The belief among league officials is that Ward wants to build from the draft, they want to stockpile assets and then sell them off. At some point they will clean house per say, but they want to keep the cycle going. They're trying to follow the Detroit model and they've done a great job so far."

The Leafs are not expected to pick 18 times, but that may change.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Lot of big things went on and didn't want to write ups cause it would take forever and it would be a pain, also I didn't track it all. I'll sum it up here:

Doan and Brodeur retired, at the draft Nashiville offered 2 1sts and a prospect for Green, I made a change and got Fiala in the deal. Picked 19 times, firsts were Keelan Williams and Julien Gauthier.

Re-Signed Panik, Perron and Reilly, added Ben Bishop and Reimer is amongst players who wlaked. Gotta let the rookies play.

I signed a few more prospects via FA, most notable was Alex Nedjlovic he's 80 ovr 4.5 yellow and will backup Bishop for now.

I poached Seth Jones via RFA, 6yr at 7per. Cost was a 1st, 2nd and 3rd lol.

will post roster shortly. I could of done a lot of major writeups on this and probably should of but i didn;t want too because it would have been a lot of work. will post season roster soon.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
I've started GM mode with the Pens using the latest december roster download. Can't find Derek Pouliot anywhere, not even under unsigned.

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island

Should I post the video. There was a video on Youtube for 14 that works for 15. I think I have posted it at least more than 5 times since it came out:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad