Be A GM Mode/Dynasty Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoc123

Feb 23, 2014
I already simulated the first couple of games so I will do 3 posts and go live from there.

September 15 2014

New GM Remillard becomes Montreal GM

After a surprising retirement by Marc Begevin after only 2 seasons of being the GM of the Montreal Canadians the Canadians brought in Remillard. It was a surprising selection to say the least considering he never has held a position on a hockey team. The Canadians held a press conference to introduce him. "I promise by the time I am done with this team I will help this team win the Stanley cup" Remillard proclaimed, "I will likely make some moves in the following days so pay attention". The fans of the Montreal Canadians sure hopes he is right. From TSN I'm Darren Dreger.

hoc123

Feb 23, 2014
September 17'th 2014

New Montreal GM goes to work:

Remillard wasn't kidding when he said he would make some moves. While there aren't big moves they are moves that will give him some flexibility as Alexei Emelin was traded to Columbus for a 3'rd and 5'th round pick, while Bryan Allen was traded to Florida for a 4'th and 7'th round pick. "I feel this move opens the door for more to come." Remillard said. "I would like to thank Emelin and Allen for their time with the Canadians". This move also allows for Beaulieu and Tinordi a chance to get into the opening day lineup. This move seems to signify that Remillard wants to build a puck possession team that is young and quick. From TSSN I'm Darren Dreger.

hoc123

Feb 23, 2014
October 8'th 2014:

3 questions Montreal will have to answer

With the opening day today against their hated rivals the Toronto Maple Leafs, the Canadians have released their opening day lineup:

Pacioretty (88)-Galchenyuk(85)-Gallagher(84)
Sekac(82)-Plekanec(85)-Parenteau(83)
Deharnais(82)-Eller(84)-Andrigetto(81)
Purst(80)-Bournival(80)-Weise(81)

Markov(86)-Subban(90)
Gonchar(82)-Gibert(82)
Beaulieu(81)-Tinordi(81)

Price(92)
Tokarski(81)

Scraches:

Malholtra(79)
Tangradi(78)
Weaver(80)

With this there are 3 questions the Canadians have to answer:

1) Can this team repeat it's success.

Last year this team was able to surprize everyone by beating the Lightning and the Big Bad Bruins to get to the ECF but sadly with Carey Price injured in game 1 the Canadians lost to the Rangers in 6 leaving many to wonder what could have been. Now Montreal must prove that last season was no fluke and become the best of the east.

2) Can a team with so many young Players succeed?

Remillard wanted a young fast team on the ice for the Canadians and you can tell that by the lineups. With 4 rookies in the lineups "plus Tokarski as backup to Price". A well 8 out of the 20 players dressed are under 25. Can a team with this little experience make a good playoff run?

3) Can Galchenyuk become this teams #1 center?

To me Galchenyuk is this teams X-Factor as he has the chance to make this team a real contender. Not having a true 1C since the days of Saku Koivu, Galchenyuk is this teams only real chance to have a #1C, as no offence to Plekanec, Eller or Desharnais they just aren't suited for it. Can Galchenyuk become this teams #1 C? This club will have to hope it's yes.

To TSN I'm Darren Dreger.

badams326

Apr 17, 2014
Just curious, but what's your roster right now?

Minus the Sedins, Miller, and Bonino, the roster looks similar to year 1 ( without the computer drafting players, although the CPU did ok drafting). All the computer did before I took over was sign Jordie Benn. Best player by overall is Sbisa at 87 overall.

hoc123

Feb 23, 2014
November 1'st 2014

Canadians monthly report

Main headline: A quick start has them near top of the standings.

So far the Canadians have looked great this year and their record shows it as they are 4'th in the overall standings and 2'nd in the eastern conference as well as the Atlantic. even though goals against and PK have been bad so far their are lots of reasons for optimism for Montreal this year.

Key stats

Montreal:

GF:36 (2'nd)
GFPG:3.27(6'th)
GA:32 (T26'th)
GAPG:2.91(17'th)
PP%:24.4(T5'th)
PK%:75.7(25'th)

Standings:

Atlantic: 2nd "2 points under Tampa, 1 point over Boston
EC: 2nd "2 points under Tampa, 1 point over Columbus-Boston"
NHL: T3rd "1 point behind Anaheim, Tied with Chicago, 1 point ahead of Minnesota-Nashville-Boston-Columbus-Los Angeles-Vancouver"

Injures:
Tom Gilbert-Undetermined-Undermentioned amount of time

Stats per player
GP-G-A-P

Sven Andrighetto: 11-1-7-8
Nathan Beaulieu: 11-3-2-5
Michael Bournival:11-2-2-4
David Desharnais:9-2-0-2
Lars Eller:11-1-3-4
Alex Galchenyuk:11-3-1-4
Brandan Gallagher:9-1-3-4
Tom Gilbert:9-2-2-4
Sergei Gonchar:11-0-3-3
Manny Malholtra:2-0-0-0
Andrei Markov:11-2-4-6
Max Pacioretty:11-3-7-10
P.A Parenteau:11-4-3-7
Tomas Plekanec:11-4-10-14
Jiri Sekac:11-3-5-8
P.K Subban:11-2-7-9
Eric Tangradi:2-0-0-0
Jarred Tinordi:11-1-1-2
Mike Weaver:2-0-0-0
Dale Weise:11-0-2-2

Goalies:

G-W-L-OTL-GAA-SV%-SO

Carey Price:
10-7-3-0-2.50-917%-1

Dustin Tokarski:
1-0-1-0-5.03-815-0

3 best from past month:

1. Tomas Plekanec

For the first time in years he isn't used heavily in the defensive zone, it pays off as he is T2'nd in points in the league at 14 and assists in the league at 10.

2. Max Paccioretty
While 10 points in 11 games is nice the main reason he's here is due to him carrying the whole lines offence. He has more points then his line mates Galchenyuk and Gallagher combined "8".

3. Sven Andrighetto.
He's on here for the same reason as Pacs, while he has 8 points in 11 games on the 3'rd line his line mates Eller and Desharnais have 6 combined.And add the fact that this is his first 11 NHL games ever and he had himself a good first month.

H.M: P.K Subban, Nathan Beaulieu, Jiri Sekac

3 worst from past month:

1. Alex Galchenyuk

He was my X-factor this year, saying that where he goes Monteral goes, meanwhile after 11 games Montreal is doing great but he is not, 4 points in 11 games. When your line mate has 10 points in 11 games you can't have those stats.

2. David Desharnais

So far a move off of Paciorettys line has not been good for him, 2 points in 9 games. Like with Galchenyuk when your line mate has 8 points in 11 games you can't have 2 points in 9 games.

3. Carey Price

While he wasn't to bad he wasn't his dominate self, as well he was very hot/cold in his games as 5 of the 11 games he gave up 3 or more goals.

HM:Lars Eller, Brendan Gallagher.

Final scores:

October 8: 5-2 win away over Toronto
October 9: 5-2 win away over Washington
October 11:1-0 loss away to Philadelphia
October 13: 4-3 win away over Tampa Bay
October 16: 6-3 loss home to Boston
October 18: 4-2 win home over Colorado
October 21:3-0 win home over Detroit
October 25: 3-2 win home over NYR
October 27: 5-3 win away over Edmonton
October 28: 7-2 loss away to Calgary
October 30: 4-2 loss away to Vancouver

To TSN I'm Darren Dreger.

Bluesin7

Jan 29, 2014
Every time I check he seems to be a PPG player. Pretty good.

Doing a WPG GM at the moment, never seen him above an 82 in any of my GMS.. And even if he got higher, he has awful stat categories, pretty sure he's only rated in the 80s because of one overpowered category (I forget), he's not good.

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
I'm stealing this format from IHaveNoCreativity!

NHL Entry Draft Preview:

2014-draft-575x383.jpg

James Duthie: Good afternoon and welcome to Florida, home of the 2015 NHL Entry Draft. The theme of this year’s draft: History. With 13 sons of Hall of Fame NHLers available, we will get to see what it would look like to see a Gretzky get drafted.

Bob McKenzie: After an abysmal season finishing second last in the league, the Canucks are now preparing for the future. GM DCantheDman sold off assets throughout the year, coming away with Six 1st round picks, three of which are in the coveted top 15. They are disappointed they were bumped out of the top two when Pittsburgh won the lottery and there is talk that they may make a move to be able to draft either Gretzky or Lemieux.

Craig Button: Yes, there is a clear drop off after the top two, but that doesn’t mean that this is a shallow draft. Behind Gretzky and Lemieux there are names like Bure, Kurri, Roy, Hasek, Bourque and Lindros. What is truly amazing is that each of these players so closely resembles their fathers in their prime. I’ve never seen a draft with this much talent.

Darren Dreger: On the trade front, there have been a lot of rumblings around the league that Vancouver is looking to shore up their goaltending situation. With the number of picks they have, I wouldn’t be surprised to see them make a move. They first pick at three and I don’t believe they will take a goalie there. They may wait to see if either Roy or Hasek is available when they next pick at seventh.

James Duthie: Other teams to watch at the draft are Pittsburgh, who hold the first overall pick after an unlikely lottery win, moving up from 12th to 1st overall.

Bob McKenzie: The battle of Pennsylvania is about to be a heck of a lot more interesting with the Flyers holding the number two pick. The question on everyone’s mind is will Pittsburgh follow bloodlines and take Lemieux, or will they go with Gretzky.

James Duthie: There you have it, folks. Gretzky or Lemieux. We will be back with the start of the draft after the break.

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
James Duthie: Welcome back to TSN’s coverage of the 2015 NHL Entry Draft. Before we go down to the floor Bob has some news. Bob?

Bob McKenzie: I’m hearing Vancouver has made a trade and it is a big one for the future of the Canucks. I can’t confirm this, but my source is saying Jacob Markstrom has been traded in a package along with two of Vancouver’s first round picks. I do not know yet who is coming back to Vancouver.

James Duthie: Gary Bettman has just hit the stage. Without further ado, let’s begin the draft.

LJJ03_NHL.JPG

Gary Bettman: Good afternoon and welcome to the 2015 NHL Entry draft here in beautiful Sunnydale, Florida. First, congratulations to the entire Tampa Bay Lightning organization on their second Stanley Cup victory. Second, I have a trade to announce: the Vancouver Canucks have traded Jacob Markstrom, the 17th overall pick and the 21st overall pick to the New Jersey Devils for Cory Schnieder.

Darren Dreger: Wow, so Vancouver has brought Cory Schnieder home. I guess Vancouver didn’t believe Roy or Hasek would be available when they picked. This is a huge move for the Canucks, as goaltending is a big reason for their failure this year.

James Duthie: Pittsburgh’s GM has reached the podium.

Jim Rutherford: Good afternoon Florida. I want to thank the Florida Panthers and the community for their hospitality this week. I would like to thank all those attending the draft party today. With the first overall pick in the 2015 Entry Draft the Pittsburgh Penguins are proud to select, from the Medicine Hat Tigers, Wayne Gretzky.

James Duthie: There you go, Wayne Gretzky is a Penguin. Instead of seeing what it was like to see Gretzky play against Crosby, we will get to see Gretzky play WITH Crosby.

Craig Button: Pittsburgh just became a juggernaut with one pick. They now have three elite game-breaking centers. The road to the Stanley Cup in the east goes through Pittsburgh.

James Duthie: Philly up on the stage now.

Ron Hextall: The Flyers are excited to select Mario Lemieux.

James Duthie: The battle of Pennsylvania is going to be epic. Lemieux vs Gretzky several times a year. It is going to be a good time to be a fan of the NHL.

Bob McKenzie: This was more or less expected. Now is where it gets interesting. Vancouver has the third pick and is accepting offers. You can see GM DCantheDman working the phones right now.

James Duthie: No, he is standing up and has grabbed a jersey. No-one was willing to pay the price for this pick. The Canucks will make their selection.

DCantheDman: I would like to thank our fans who have stuck with us through a tough season. The Vancouver Canucks are ecstatic to be able to select, once again, Pavel Bure.

bure_photo_zpscd996d7e.jpg

Pierre McGuire: This is huge. What a day for Vancouver. I cannot wait to watch this kid next to the Sedins. He has speed, he has skills and man can he shoot the puck. The Canucks are going to love having another Bure in their lineup.

James Duthie: We will have Pavel and DCan with us shortly. Here is how the top 10 shook out:

1. Pittsburgh – Wayne Gretzky
2. Philidelphia – Mario Lemieux
3. Vancouver – Pavel Bure
4. Buffalo – Patrick Roy
5. Nashville – Dominik Hasek
6. Buffalo – Joe Sakic
7. Vancouver – Ray Bourque
8. Florida – Eric Lindros
9. New Jersey – Nick Lidstrom
10. Dallas – Jarri Kurri

Darren Dreger: It reads like a who is who of hockey. Buffalo make out like bandits picking Roy and Sakic. Vancouver picks up the #1 defenceman their franchise has always needed. Canucks fans are going to love watching Bourque passing it to Bure for a breakaway game after game.

Bob McKenzie: Those two teams hold the next two picks as well. I cannot believe teams gave up their first rounders in a draft such as this. This is a fireable offence in my opinion. Winnipeg expected to be competing for a playoff spot, but now they have Ryan Miller instead of Ray Bourque. What a terrible trade in hindsight.

James Duthie: We are here now with DCantheDman, Pavel Bure and Ray Bourque. DCan, lets first talk about the trade. Giving up two mid first rounders and a future star goaltender for Cory Schnieder. Why not pick Roy or Hasek?

DCan: Honestly, James, we love Cory and I think the ownership regrets trading him. We desperately wanted him back in the organization and with the number and locations of our other firsts, felt this was a deal we could make. We really wanted to get Pavel with the third pick and knew that Roy and Hasek would be gone by seventh.

James Duthie: Well, you grabbed two fantastic players in the first round so far. Pavel, tell us what it is like to be selected by the same team as your father.

Pavel Bure: It is very exciting. His number was retired by this organization and I know he was loved by the fans. I just hope I can live up to the hype and excite the fans here. I want to do what he never did and bring a cup to Vancouver.

James Duthie: Ray, your dad is forever a Bruin, a team that is currently despised in Vancouver. How are you feeling right now?

Ray Bourque: Honestly, I am overwhelmed. I am just excited to be drafted and I am very happy to be a Canuck. I hope that Pavel and I can help bring this team to the next level.

James Duthie: Alright, thanks guys, DCan, I believe the Canucks will be selecting in a few moments.

Tim Murray: Buffalo selects Mike Modano

Craig Button: Another huge selection by Buffalo. This team picked up so much leadership and skill today. In three years, Buffalo will be one of the top teams in the league. This is just a great day for Tim Murray.

James Duthie: And the Canucks are back up for their third selection of the day.

DCantheDman: With the 12th overall selection in the 2015 entry draft the Canucks select, from the Erie Otters, Connor McDavid.

ConnorMcDavid.jpg

Pierre McGuire: What a bold selection. He doesn’t have the current talent of some of the guys left on the board like Doug Gilmour, but he has so much potential. In two years, I expect he will be challenging Gretzky and Crosby for the crown of top center in the game.

James Duthie: We will be back shortly for a wrap up of the first round.

Last edited:

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
I'm stealing this format from IHaveNoCreativity!

NHL Entry Draft Preview:

2014-draft-575x383.jpg

James Duthie: Good afternoon and welcome to Florida, home of the 2015 NHL Entry Draft. The theme of this year’s draft: History. With 13 sons of Hall of Fame NHLers available, we will get to see what it would look like to see a Gretzky get drafted.

Bob McKenzie: After an abysmal season finishing second last in the league, the Canucks are now preparing for the future. GM DCantheDman sold off assets throughout the year, coming away with Six 1st round picks, three of which are in the coveted top 15. They are disappointed they were bumped out of the top two when Pittsburgh won the lottery and there is talk that they may make a move to be able to draft either Gretzky or Lemieux.

Craig Button: Yes, there is a clear drop off after the top two, but that doesn’t mean that this is a shallow draft. Behind Gretzky and Lemieux there are names like Bure, Kurri, Roy, Hasek, Bourque and Lindros. What is truly amazing is that each of these players so closely resembles their fathers in their prime. I’ve never seen a draft with this much talent.

Darren Dreger: On the trade front, there have been a lot of rumblings around the league that Vancouver is looking to shore up their goaltending situation. With the number of picks they have, I wouldn’t be surprised to see them make a move. They first pick at three and I don’t believe they will take a goalie there. They may wait to see if either Roy or Hasek is available when they next pick at seventh.

James Duthie: Other teams to watch at the draft are Pittsburgh, who hold the first overall pick after an unlikely lottery win, moving up from 12th to 1st overall.

Bob McKenzie: The battle of Pennsylvania is about to be a heck of a lot more interesting with the Flyers holding the number two pick. The question on everyone’s mind is will Pittsburgh follow bloodlines and take Lemieux, or will they go with Gretzky.

James Duthie: There you have it, folks. Gretzky or Lemieux. We will be back with the start of the draft after the break.
Haha copy cat ! Theif !

What are the ovr's of these guys ?

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
James Duthie: Welcome back to TSN’s coverage of the 2015 NHL Entry Draft. Before we go down to the floor Bob has some news. Bob?

Bob McKenzie: I’m hearing Vancouver has made a trade and it is a big one for the future of the Canucks. I can’t confirm this, but my source is saying Jacob Markstrom has been traded in a package along with two of Vancouver’s first round picks. I do not know yet who is coming back to Vancouver.

James Duthie: Gary Bettman has just hit the stage. Without further ado, let’s begin the draft.

LJJ03_NHL.JPG

Gary Bettman: Good afternoon and welcome to the 2015 NHL Entry draft here in beautiful Sunnydale, Florida. First, congratulations to the entire Tampa Bay Lightning organization on their second Stanley Cup victory. Second, I have a trade to announce: the Vancouver Canucks have traded Jacob Markstrom, the 17th overall pick and the 21st overall pick to the New Jersey Devils for Cory Schnieder.

Darren Dreger: Wow, so Vancouver has brought Cory Schnieder home. I guess Vancouver didn’t believe Roy or Hasek would be available when they picked. This is a huge move for the Canucks, as goaltending is a big reason for their failure this year.

James Duthie: Pittsburgh’s GM has reached the podium.

Jim Rutherford: Good afternoon Florida. I want to thank the Florida Panthers and the community for their hospitality this week. I would like to thank all those attending the draft party today. With the first overall pick in the 2015 Entry Draft the Pittsburgh Penguins are proud to select, from the Medicine Hat Tigers, Wayne Gretzky.

James Duthie: There you go, Wayne Gretzky is a Penguin. Instead of seeing what it was like to see Gretzky play against Crosby, we will get to see Gretzky play WITH Crosby.

Craig Button: Pittsburgh just became a juggernaut with one pick. They now have three elite game-breaking centers. The road to the Stanley Cup in the east goes through Pittsburgh.

James Duthie: Philly up on the stage now.

Ron Hextall: The Flyers are excited to select Mario Lemieux.

James Duthie: The battle of Pennsylvania is going to be epic. Lemieux vs Gretzky several times a year. It is going to be a good time to be a fan of the NHL.

Bob McKenzie: This was more or less expected. Now is where it gets interesting. Vancouver has the third pick and is accepting offers. You can see GM DCantheDman working the phones right now.

James Duthie: No, he is standing up and has grabbed a jersey. No-one was willing to pay the price for this pick. The Canucks will make their selection.

DCantheDman: I would like to thank our fans who have stuck with us through a tough season. The Vancouver Canucks are ecstatic to be able to select, once again, Pavel Bure.

bure_photo_zpscd996d7e.jpg

Pierre McGuire: This is huge. What a day for Vancouver. I cannot wait to watch this kid next to the Sedins. He has speed, he has skills and man can he shoot the puck. The Canucks are going to love having another Bure in their lineup.

James Duthie: We will have Pavel and DCan with us shortly. Here is how the top 10 shook out:

1. Pittsburgh – Wayne Gretzky
2. Philidelphia – Mario Lemieux
3. Vancouver – Pavel Bure
4. Buffalo – Patrick Roy
5. Nashville – Dominik Hasek
6. Buffalo – Joe Sakic
7. Vancouver – Ray Bourque
8. Florida – Eric Lindros
9. New Jersey – Nick Lidstrom
10. Dallas – Jarri Kurri

Darren Dreger: It reads like a who is who of hockey. Buffalo make out like bandits picking Roy and Sakic. Vancouver picks up the #1 defenceman their franchise has always needed. Canucks fans are going to love watching Bourque passing it to Bure for a breakaway game after game.

Bob McKenzie: Those two teams hold the next two picks as well. I cannot believe teams gave up their first rounders in a draft such as this. This is a fireable offence in my opinion. Winnipeg expected to be competing for a playoff spot, but now they have Ryan Miller instead of Ray Bourque. What a terrible trade in hindsight.

James Duthie: We are here now with DCantheDman, Pavel Bure and Ray Bourque. DCan, lets first talk about the trade. Giving up two mid first rounders and a future star goaltender for Cory Schnieder. Why not pick Roy or Hasek?

DCan: Honestly, James, we love Cory and I think the ownership regrets trading him. We desperately wanted him back in the organization and with the number and locations of our other firsts, felt this was a deal we could make. We really wanted to get Pavel with the third pick and knew that Roy and Hasek would be gone by seventh.

James Duthie: Well, you grabbed two fantastic players in the first round so far. Pavel, tell us what it is like to be selected by the same team as your father.

Pavel Bure: It is very exciting. His number was retired by this organization and I know he was loved by the fans. I just hope I can live up to the hype and excite the fans here. I want to do what he never did and bring a cup to Vancouver.

James Duthie: Ray, your dad is forever a Bruin, a team that is currently despised in Vancouver. How are you feeling right now?

Ray Bourque: Honestly, I am overwhelmed. I am just excited to be drafted and I am very happy to be a Canuck. I hope that Pavel and I can help bring this team to the next level.

James Duthie: Alright, thanks guys, DCan, I believe the Canucks will be selecting in a few moments.

Tim Murray: Buffalo selects Mike Modano

Craig Button: Another huge selection by Buffalo. This team picked up so much leadership and skill today. In three years, Buffalo will be one of the top teams in the league. This is just a great day for Tim Murray.

James Duthie: And the Canucks are back up for their third selection of the day.

DCantheDman: With the 12th overall selection in the 2015 entry draft the Canucks select, from the Erie Otters, Connor McDavid.

ConnorMcDavid.jpg

Pierre McGuire: What a bold selection. He doesn’t have the current talent of some of the guys left on the board like Doug Gilmour, but he has so much potential. In two years, I expect he will be challenging Gretzky and Crosby for the crown of top center in the game.

James Duthie: We will be back shortly for a wrap up of the first round.

Fantastic concept. Only thing I personally would have done differently is would have made them 1 yr younger for the 2016 draft and let McDavd/Eichel be the stars for 2015. But I digress.

What are the ovr's of these guys ?

Seconded.

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
Fantastic concept. Only thing I personally would have done differently is would have made them 1 yr younger for the 2016 draft and let McDavd/Eichel be the stars for 2015. But I digress.

Seconded.

I used the stats from their HUT personalities taken from this website:

http://www.operationsports.com/features/2026/nhlview-unveils-full-attributes-to-nhl-15-legends/

I dont play much HUT and will never get a chance to play as these guys, so I thought it would be cool to throw them in a draft.

All are 5 green stars. I like the idea of doing it for the 2016 draft. I may do that next go round.

And thanks for creating such great layouts IHNC!!! Gave me lots of inspiration!

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
First Round Draft Selections
Pick # | Team | Player Selected
1|
small.png
|Wayne Gretzky
2|
small.png
|Mario Lemieux
3|
small.png
|Pavel Bure
4|
small.png
|Patrick Roy
5|
small.png
|Dominik Hasek
6|
small.png
|Joe Sakic
7|
small.png
|Ray Bourque
8|
small.png
|Eric Lindros
9|
small.png
|Nick Lidstrom
10|
small.png
|Jarri Kurri
11|
small.png
|Mike Modano
12|
small.png
|Connor McDavid
13|
small.png
|Luc Robataille
14|
small.png
|Matt Barzal
15|
small.png
|Jack Eichel
16|
small.png
|Doug Gilmour
17|
small.png
|J. Belisle
18|
small.png
|Oliver Kylington
19|
small.png
|G. Senn
20|
small.png
|Nick Meloche
21|
small.png
|M. Bullion
22|
small.png
|Ryan Pilon
23|
small.png
|E. Smith
24|
small.png
|B. Dugan
25|
small.png
|J. Brennan
26|
small.png
|Dylan Strome
27|
small.png
|B. Johnston
28|
small.png
|D. Yan
29|
small.png
|N. Roy
30|
small.png
|M. Sullivan

James Duthie: Now for a wrap-up of the first round. Clearly the winners here are teams like Vancouver and Buffalo. Six picks between them in the top 15 and some very, very talented players selected. I would say that any one of them would be a 1st overall pick in any other year.

Bob McKenzie: Yes, there are going to be a lot of new fan favourites in the next few years. I’d say the most improved team is Buffalo, picking up some top players, followed very closely by Vancouver, especially with their pick of Strome at 26th but don’t forget about New Jersey with their four 1st round picks.

James Duthie: Well, that’s all from Florida. Join us on July 1st for our annual Free Agent Frenzy!

loopy91

Jan 6, 2015
What does Ehlers cap out at? I'm trying to decide whether I should trade him in my Jets GM or not.

I got him into 2018/19 right now and he is 83 and playing on the 2nd line and 2nd unit PP. He scored 52 points(20/32) is his rookie year last year.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
I used the stats from their HUT personalities taken from this website:

http://www.operationsports.com/features/2026/nhlview-unveils-full-attributes-to-nhl-15-legends/

I dont play much HUT and will never get a chance to play as these guys, so I thought it would be cool to throw them in a draft.

All are 5 green stars. I like the idea of doing it for the 2016 draft. I may do that next go round.

And thanks for creating such great layouts IHNC!!! Gave me lots of inspiration!

Awww I'm honoured.

More write ups coming. Been lazy the past few days haha.

Lemieux with Philly looks so wrong.

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
Awww I'm honoured.

More write ups coming. Been lazy the past few days haha.

Lemieux with Philly looks so wrong.

I know. There should be an override button :laugh:

It would certainly make for an interesting storyline, though I'm pretty sure Pittsburgh would take Lemieux regardless of who else is available.

loopy91

Jan 6, 2015
So Ive been slack on the write ups and last posted about the 2017 trade deadline. Since then I have played two more seasons and the breakdown is like so:

2016-17

34-32-16 (84 Pts)

Trades

To Sabres
Buff, Little, 2018 1st
To Jets
2017 1st, 2018 1st, Carrier
(This trade was made to free up cap space and allow younger players on roster. Buff was playing 3rd line minutes)

To Oilers
Postma
To Jets
Fasth

Drafted W. Hodgson 9th overall

2017-18

42-35-5 (89 Pts...3 pts out of playoffs)

Signed 7 players to their ELC and signed forward Tyler Johnson from free agents, along with Jesse Blacker for depth on D.(signed at end of previous season)

Released Pavelec after 4 sub par seasons making room for Eric Comrie to take over as Starter. (Started in 2014 at 72 and has progressed to 86.) He would finish the year at 31-29-3 with a 2.65 GAA and a 0.909 save %
Ehlers played full season 2nd line wing, finishing with 52 points in his rookie season. (Started at 67 in 2014 and is now 82).
Petan is a bust. Hasnt peaked over 79 and is basically a fill in player on my roster. Scored only 15 points in 47 games.

Drafted T. Acton 8th overall
**NOTE-Hawks drafted Fowlie 4th overall, kid is at 79 in first year of development**

2018-2019

40-33-9 (89 Pts and 2 points out...lost last game 2-1 with 30 seconds left)

Free Agents(signed at end of 2017/18 season
Landed Elite DMAN Dylan Olsen. 87 overall, 28 years old. Hurt mid year and saw only 57 games.
Marcus Foligno was brought in to add size and strength. He finished with career highs in assists(21) and points(30).

Ehlers tied for the lead in scoring(Kane) with 65 points(22,43) and is now 83 overall. He has progress nicely into a second line setup man.

Petan played a little more and saw his totals increase(9,18) but still sits at 79.

Comrie had a 28-23-1 record with a 2.73 GAA, 0.910 save %. Im a little surprised by his numbers as he is listed as Elite and Starter. He is now 87 overall.

Dylan Strome made his NHL debut and played 3rd line Center collecting 10 goals and 11 assists. He has progressed nicely: 61 in 2015, 83 in 2019.

I am now into the 2019 offseason. Pretty sure if I dont make the playoffs this year I'll be getting fired. Time for changes!!

Last edited:

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
March 2nd 2016

Leafs Tradecenter 2016 preview:
Toronto_Maple_Leafs155.png

Lots of trades are expect tomorrow on tradecenter. Plenty of questions surrounding teams as they decide their stance on trade deadline day 2016. One team that is expected to be buyers is the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Led by rookie phenom Connor McDavid the Leafs are first in the NHL with a sparkling 40-20-4 record. This record has caught many by surprise and it sees the Leafs in a position to be buyers in this years deadline. It is unknown whom the Leafs would seek to add, however there is room in the budget to add as the Leafs have a great deal of available cap space. Insider Bob McKenzie weighs in on what can be expected from the Leafs.

The Toronto Maple Leafs are in a situation where they can be buyers or seller or they can stand pat and decide not to make a move. The team is playing well this year and exceeding expectations, it would come as no surprise to me if the Leafs add a player of too upfront. or even a goaltender in order to mentor James Reimer. They may also decide to move a vet like Shane Doan and callup William Nylander who is lighting up the AHL. The Leafs are in an excellent postion as they have picks, prospects and a strong AHL team. They are lacking a top line right winger if they want to make a push for the cup. GM Martin Ward isn't afraid to make a move. However he has some intriguing prospects and may want to hold on to them. I would expect some depth moves with the goal of winning a playoff round for experience purposes, 3 of the Leafs current top 4 D are under 26 and have yet to hit their prime and 4 of the current top 6 forwards are under 27 and are just entering their prime. The window has opened for the Leafs but management will be patient with this group. They won't go for it just yet. I think Shane Doan may be moved in order to clear room for Willie Nylander, management wants him getting time in the top 6 as they feel he is now ready.

Thanks Bob, there is a certain sense of excitement surrounding the Leafs as the playoffs approach. There is a sense that the Leafs are finally close to being a cup contender.

Leafs GM Martin Ward weighed in: "Well I think back to a year ago and I'm thrilled with where we're at. It was a tough road with lots of hard work but we're in a good spot. Credit goes to everyone. Our scouts deserve recognition for finding some gems over in Switzerland, and just overall they identified a lot of players who are really developing well. Guys have stepped up."

One of these "guys" who have stepped up is Richard Panik, who's play this year has surprised many. Panik spent last year with the Marlies after having been in the NHL the previous year. This year he is back with the Leafs and has 33 points (15G,18A) in 64 games. He offered his thoughts on the year:
richard-panik-nhl-anaheim-ducks-toronto-maple-leafs-850x560.jpg

"Well I was thrilled when I found out that I made the team, I was surprised at first to be honest I wasn't sure if I was going to stick. Going down last year was hard for me personally, they told me they wanted me to spend more time in the AHL working on my defensive game and building confidence. I thought that was it for me to be honest and I was ready to give up. Then 3 games into the year my coach Dale Hunter called me and told me that I had a chance here. He told me that everyone in the organization is being looked at and that they will move out guys who just show up for a paycheck. He said I was going to play a lot down here and get a chance to prove that I can play up a level. He reminded me that some guys are late bloomers. I knew it was my last chance in a way and I just started working and I had a career year. This summer I worked really hard and I thought I would start on the 4th line but when Torts told me I was going to play on the second line and get a chance to prove that I can be a top 6 winger I was jumping for joy. Means the world."

Panik has certainly made the most of this opportunity, he has shown that he is capable of producing at the NHL level. Stay tuned for our deadline day coverage.

xVolchenkov

Jun 21, 2011
Ottawa
Sorry to be a pain as I'm sure this has been asked 1000 times before, but what current 2015 draft picks AREN'T in the game? I didn't see Noah Hanifin or Jack Eichel, but I'm sure more are missing. I'm looking to start doing a write ups again, but I want to start off on the right page. I'm going to be using Ottawa so these top prospects are going to be pretty important :laugh:

Packfan1022

Oct 15, 2014
USA
Sorry to be a pain as I'm sure this has been asked 1000 times before, but what current 2015 draft picks AREN'T in the game? I didn't see Noah Hanifin or Jack Eichel, but I'm sure more are missing. I'm looking to start doing a write ups again, but I want to start off on the right page. I'm going to be using Ottawa so these top prospects are going to be pretty important :laugh:

If you are on last gen just create them. There are YouTube vids for 14 that work on last gen 15. I don't have next gen. I created Hanifin and Eichel same OVR and potential as McDavid and hanifin went first to buffalo, leaving me Winnipeg McDavid at second. Anaheim got Eichel at 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad