Be A GM Mode/Dynasty Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Yeah me either, until the person whom I can't remember, mentioned it and it was a like a light went off...I was like "Hot damn...why had I not thought about it?"
Worst part is I used to do it all the time in 11, 12, when it was the graded potential :laugh:

Does it actually help improve player development though?

That's really cool if true.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Trying to trade harding for reimer and nothing any suggestions how, yes I'm on the Minnesota wild gm mode

Offer more?

If trade values are relatively similar you can try retaining salary in Harding to make it look like a more appealing move for the Wild.

If you don't want to add more assets to the deal, see if the CPU GM is interested in any of your non-signed draft picks that you may not want to have.

Or finally cheese it depending on how realistic you want your GM mode to be - later round draft picks can always be tossed into a deal to make it work, although it's a pretty cheap method to get it done.

Far brtter would be to go to settings, adjust the trade difficulty to more reasonable one for you, and then try again.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
This Calgary Flames GM is going to be with injuries on, so this should be more unpredictable. GM MCG has a similar look at building a team like Brian Burke, but he's not stubborn or stuck on it. MCG will wait until the trade deadline to determine if they're going to sell off assets or buy assets for a strong playoff run.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
With a month away from the All-Star Break, the Flames are sporting an 11-23-6 record. The goaltending has not helped the Flames at all, which has made them go out and sign veteran goaltender Tomas Vokoun to a 1-year contract worth $800,000.

Also regarding goaltenders, the Flames traded Kari Ramo to the Boston Bruins for the Philadelphia Flyers' 2015 2nd round pick and the Boston Bruins' 2015 7th round pick. Kari Ramo sported a 6-8-3 record through 18 games with an ugly SV% of .860% and GAA of 4.45.

FLAMES RECEIVE | BRUINS RECEIVE
2015 PHI 2nd round pick|G Kari Ramo
2015 BOS 7th round pick|

Constable

corona fiend
Mar 17, 2014
I'm stumped. I have Jake Kryski pencilled in as my future #1C but he's 21 years old and 80 overall. I have feeling that if keep him in the AHL he will drop to red stars, but he has pretty bad individual stats that wouldn't even get him 30 points in the NHL. What should I do? :cry:

ive played a former 1st rounder until he was 86 in the ahl, worth the risk

badams326

Apr 17, 2014
:caps
Year 5 (2018-2019) with the Washington Capitals

Finished the Season 38-37-7 (83 Points, 6th in Metropolitan, 12th in East, 22nd in the NHL)

Lineup looks similar(ish) to last year.

Ovechkin (94, C) - Backstrom (90, A) - Kuznetsov (86)
Burakovsky (85) - Kadri (88) - Wilson (84)
Bickell (83) - Bolland* (84) - McGinn* (81)
Nolan* (81) - McMillan (81) - Latta (78)

Alzner (86) - Carlson (88, A)
Koekkoek (83) - Niskanen (86)
Chelios (80) - Carrick (82)

Holtby (86)
Pasquale (83)

*Free Agent/Trade Acquisitions

After making the Stanley Cup Finals for the last 2 years, the Capitals missed the playoffs.... Edmonton wins the Stanley Cup.

Top Prospects
Dmitro Timashov (2015, 6th Overall): 81 Overall, High Top 6 F
Tom Gettinger (2016, 15th Overall): 78 Overall, Med Top 6 F
Sergey Zborovskiy (2015, 11th Overall): 80 Overall, High Top 4 D
Sergei Filatov (2018, 29th Overall): 72 Overall, Med Top 6 F
Ben Visockis (2018, 34th Overall): 77 Overall, Low Top 6 F
Matthew Hotchkiss (2016, 54th Overall): 70 Overall, High Top 9 F
Cale Fleury (2017, 31st Overall): 72 Overall, High Top 6 F
Stuart Sanders (2017, 89th Overall): 71 Overall, High NHL Backup Goalie​

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
ive played a former 1st rounder until he was 86 in the ahl, worth the risk

Doesn't that just kill his potential though?? Sounds like a horrible idea.

The Detroit "over-seasoning in the minors" approach doesn't really work well in GM mode in my experience

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
:bolts

Year 9

O. Palat (85) - S. Stamkos (93, C) - J. Drouin (94)
B. Bennett (87) - V. Namestnikov (87) - N. Kucherov (89)
Y. Trenin (84) - *T. Sweetland (87) - T. Andres (87)
~S. Bennett (79) - D. Strome (82) - C. Babych (80)

V. Hedman (88, A) - K. Shattenkirk (88, A)
V. Radulov (85) - A. DeAngelo (84)
*I. Provorov (80) - G. Bouramann (83)

T. Timpano (89) - D. Beach (81)

* - Rookie
~ - Recently Added

badams326

Apr 17, 2014

The Detroit "over-seasoning in the minors" approach doesn't really work well in GM mode in my experience

It does for the CPU GM, McDavid didn't play a game in the NHL until Year 5 at 89 Overall. Sam Reinhart didn't play until Year 4.

99SvenBaertschi

Jul 2, 2014
Sasktoon, SK, Canada
The First Half

Over the course of the first 41 Games, the Flames have had a fairly exciting first half. With a 15-24-2 record, the team is in great position for a top pick in the coming draft. Top Prospect Aaron Ekblad managed to scrape together 8 points. Seemingly an underachiever, some wonder about Shmyr's skills at the draft. Another prospect seemingly still in the works is Sven Baertschi, having only 9 points in 41 games. Even on the 4th line, the team expects more from their top LW prospect.

Early season trade Gustav Nyquist has put up big numbers with the Flames, boasting 13 goals and 36 points. Mason Raymond and Valeri Nichushkin have also put up 30 and 25 points respectively. The team also says its been great to see young guns Sean Monahan and TJ Brodie have excellent seasons, with Monahan having 34 points and the young Brodie with 18.

Sources close to GM Shmyr say that the team is trying to wheel and deal goaltender Karri Ramo for a second round pick, as the goaltender has posted stats of 13 Wins, 20 Losses, a 3.73 GAA, 897% Save Percent and no shutouts.

BREAKING: Calgary has sent G, Karri Ramo to Florida in return for Scott Clemensen (G), a 2015 2nd, two 2015 3rds, and a 2016 4th.

The team hopes to use the draft picks to acquire more top prospects.

LEADING STATS​

G - 16 - Mike Cammaleri
A - 23 - Gustav Nyquist
+/- - 0 - Lance Bouma​
PIMS - 85 - Erik Gudbranson​
Wins - 13 - Karri Ramo​

More to come in the second half.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Flurry of Jets taking off before opening night !

Jets_backinWPG_DL.jpg

The Winnipeg Jets were very busy today, they announced a flurry of minor league signings and 2 trades. It had long been speculated that the Jets were in the market for a top 6 scoring winger and they appear to have found their man. Rumors had linked names likes Gaborik, Etem and Hudler to the team but the Jets have decided on Brett Connolly of the Tampa Bay Lightning, in what is a somewhat bizzarre move as Connolly has a career high of 28 points as his best season. The former 6th overall pick has not had the start to his career that he would of liked, and hope is that he can regain the scoring touch he showed in junior. In Winnipeg, he will get the chance to play top 6 minutes from the get go, it is believed he will be on a line with Mark Schieffle and Nikolaj Ehlers. The Jets also announced several minor league signings and that they have acquired veteran forward Brian Gionta from Buffalo.

New Jet Brett Connolly pictured below
129184566_10.jpg

Pierre McGuire weighs in on the moves the Jets made today: " I'm a Brett Connolly fan and it's no surprise to see him on the move. He needs a new start, and Winnipeg is that for him. The price paid by the Jets is a little steep, however if he develops into a 30 goal scorer the Jets will be thrilled. He's a young player with lots of upside and is worth the chance. Worst comes to worst he will be a 3rd liner for the team down the road. Acquiring Gionta is as much a cap move as it is a move that fills a need. The Jets are very very young, they were lacking a 3rd line winger and wanted to reach the floor, Gionta can still play and he's a leader, makes sense and this is a good move.

Details of the trades are:

To Tampa Bay
2017 2nd
F Scott Komaschuck (72)
D Andrew Adam (60)

To Winnipeg
F Brett Connolly (84)

To Buffalo
D Filip Pychorta (61)

To Winnipeg
F Brian Gionta (82)

Signings
F Arrturi Lekkohnen
F Andreas Johnson
F Jerome Verrier
F Cody Thompson
D Joonas Lytinnen
F Louick Marcotte

Martin Ward is expected to hold a press conference in the near future in order to discuss the moves.

badams326

Apr 17, 2014
For some reason an 89 Overall Tom Wilson went up to a High Franchise potential at 25 years old.

99SvenBaertschi

Jul 2, 2014
Sasktoon, SK, Canada
The Final Stats

Gustav Nyquist - 31 Goals - 53 Assists - 84 Points - 7 PIMS
Sean Monahan - 29 Goals- 52 Assists - 81 Points - 30 PIMS
Mike Cammaleri - 37 Goals - 42 Assists - 79 Points - 34 PIMS
Mason Raymond - 29 Goals - 39 Assists - 68 Points - 18 PIMS
Valeri Nichushkin - 26 Goals - 39 Assists - 65 Points - 12 PIMS
Dominic Moore - 19 Goals - 34 Assists - 53 Points - 20 PIMS
Mark Giordano - 5 Goals - 43 Assists - 48 Points - 100 PIMS
TJ Brodie - 7 Goals - 36 Assists - 43 Points - 8 PIMS
Chris Butler - 9 Goals - 20 Assists - 29 Points - 75 PIMS
Derek Jones - 14 Goals - 13 Assists - 27 Points - 0 PIMS
Antti Miettinen - 14 Goals - 8 Assists - 22 Points - 8 PIMS
Kris Russel - 5 Goals - 16 Assists - 21 Points - 8 PIMS
Joe Colborne - 5 Goals - 15 Assists - 20 Points - 20 PIMS
Aaron Ekblad - 6 Goals - 12 Assists - 18 Points - 25 PIMS
Sven Baertschi - 6 Goals - 12 Assists - 18 Points - 2 PIMS
TJ Galiardi - 1 Goal - 15 Assists - 16 Points - 6 PIMS
Corban Knight - 9 Goals - 6 Assists - 15 Points - 6 PIMS
Erik Gudbranson - 1 Goal - 5 Assists - 6 Points - 151 PIMS

Scott Clemmensen - 19 Wins - 10 Losses - 4 OTL - 34 GP - 2.96 GAA - 912 SV - 1 SO
Johnyy Ortio - 4 Wins - 9 Losses - 1 SOL - 19 GP - 4.21 GAA - 881 SV - 0 SO

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Do you guys think Slava Voynov should still be on the Kings Roster? Realistically I feel like he should be moved off the Kings Roster, and be barred in Free Agency.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Do you guys think Slava Voynov should still be on the Kings Roster? Realistically I feel like he should be moved off the Kings Roster, and be barred in Free Agency.

Think it all depends on what sort of cap relief the Kings get on the Voynov situation (doesn't appear as though they will get much). In which case, havjn him on the roster as a non-participant (low overall) makes sense. They still get the cap penalty & he's still on their books not contributing. That's if you are after realism.

I think I might just move him to Europe & get rid of his deal entirely though.

Constable

corona fiend
Mar 17, 2014

it was some 5'11 finnish dude with 4.5 gold out of the '18 draft. went on to flank another finnish guy on my top line, and stayed the same potential.

he was similar to jamie benn

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Think it all depends on what sort of cap relief the Kings get on the Voynov situation (doesn't appear as though they will get much). In which case, havjn him on the roster as a non-participant (low overall) makes sense. They still get the cap penalty & he's still on their books not contributing. That's if you are after realism.

I think I might just move him to Europe & get rid of his deal entirely though.

I like that for the realism aspect.

Like I do for the players that Retire, I made him 36ovr, 1r potential and barred him in Free Agency. ByeBye Voynov. :laugh:

Constable

corona fiend
Mar 17, 2014
i tried trading my 1st ovr pick in a package for tavares and it didnt work. chose storm phaneuf because hes storm phaneuf

badams326

Apr 17, 2014
Year 6 (2019-2020) with the Washington Capitals.

Finished the year 44-31-7 (95 Points, 4th in Metropolitan, 8th in East)

Lineup:

Ovechkin (94, C) - Backstrom (90, A) - Wilson (89)
Burakovsky (85) - Kadri (88) - Kuznetsov (86)
Timashov* (83) - Bolland (84) - Grabner* (84)
Nolan (80) - McGinn(81) - Joensuu* (80)

Alzner (86) - Carlson (88, A)
Koekkoek (83) - Hjalmarsson* (85)
Chelios (80) - Zborovskiy* (82)

Holtby (86)
Pasquale (83)

I Rookie Skaters
*Free Agent/Trade Acquisaitions

Washington made it back to the playoffs after missing it last year.

Round 1 vs :isles

Game 1: 3-1 Loss
Game 2: 3-2 Win
Game 3: 3-2 Loss
Game 4: 4-2 Win
Game 5: 7-4 Loss
Game 6: 2-1 Loss

Edmonton wins the Stanley Cup 2 years in a row.

New Jersey will be picking 1st Overall for the 3rd year in a row.

Washington traded G Braden Holtby to Minnesota for New Jersey's 2020 2nd Round Pick (31st Overall), and a goalie prospect.

Washington also acquired G Andrei Alexeev from Columbus for Michael Grabner, draft picks and a prospect.

Jibby95

Mar 22, 2011
tm-njd.gif

2016/17 NHL Trade Deadline

NJD Record: 26-30-5, 22nd NHL

Entering the Trade Deadline, the Devils management team and fans alike were all very disappointed with the teams performance so far. With a huge offseason that including shipping out the 5th OA pick for Monahan, and inking Ryan Kesler to a huge 4 year deal, big things were expected out of Newark.

Devils GM made it clear that things were not all peachy with the team, and he was 100% making moves at the deadline.

"There's still some guys here that Lou (Lamoriello) brought in, and while I have nothing but respect for them, they're just not my players. When I took this job I had a vision for this team, and to be honest with you there's a few guys still kicking it around that I envisioned would be out of here, and they're stopping this team from reaching its full potential"

Deadline Day Moves

Rest of the league was very quiet, some minor league players got swapped around.
--

NJD receive:
RW PLY L. Eriksson 86
2017 3rd Round Pick (BOS)

BOS receive:
C TWF J. Josefson 85
2017 2nd Round Pick (NJ)
-

CBJ receive:
2017 3rd Round Pick (BOS)
2018 2nd Round Pick (NJ)
G HYB C. Schneider 87
RW SNP T. Jurco 81
LW PWF S. Matteau 76/3.5 gold pot

NJD receive:
G HYB S. Bobrovsky 91
LW GRN J. Boll 78
RW PWF C. Tropp 74

"Like I said, I have nothing but love for Schneider, he just simply wasn't the right guy. You go ask the Columbus GM and he'll tell you the day I was hired I was hounding that guy for Bobrovsky. Today, we finally came to a deal. Jurco was a sniper I brought in to the team in my 1st season and has since been passed on the depth chart by his peers (Boucher, Puempel). As such, we felt like he didn't fit into our 4th line and as such was a prime target to move out.

With Josefson, again we're always looking to improve our hockey team. Just understand we always need to find ways to get better. We move down a round in the draft here to pick up - what we feel like - is a big upgrade to our top 6 wing position. Eriksson brings everything you want in a winger and then some. Not to mention he has a lot of solid playoff experience under his belt."

Pundits and fans alike wonder if these moves were made too hastily by the Devils GM, trading away so many draft picks surely can't be good for a team looking to rebuild up to being a sustainable, contending franchise. the GM sure seems confident in his moves though, so only time will tell. Fans do have a right to be concerned though, that's for sure.
----

Devils Post-Deadline Lines

Boucher 83 - Granlund 86 - Eriksson 86
Hagelin 85 - Kesler 88 (A) - Monahan 86
Puempel 82 - Henrique 85 (A) - Ruutu 81
Boll 78 - Gaustad 82 - Ward 81

Merrill 86 - Larsson 84
Greene 84 (C) - Gunnarsson 84
Harrington 80 - Severson 81

Bob 91
Budaj 81

Status