:flames

2014-2015 CALGARY FLAMES

Opening Night Roster

LW​
|
C​
|
RW​
Mason Raymond (84)|Matt Stajan (83)|Jiri Hudler (84)
David Jones (83)|Joe Colborne (80)|Devin Setoguchi (84)
Curtis Glencross (84)|Sean Monahan (84)|Mikael Backlund (82)
Brandon Bollig (79)|David Wolf (70)|Lance Bouma (77)

LD​
|
RD​
Mark Giordano (87)|Dennis Wideman (84)
Ladislav Smid (82)|Raphael Diaz (79)
Kris Russell (80)|TJ Brodie (81)
|Deryk Engelland (79)
|Corey Potter (79)
|Derek Smith (76)

Jonas Hiller (87)|Karri Ramo (83)

NOTES

-- After heading into the New Year with a horrible 11-23-6 record, and Ramo not fulfilling his potential in Calgary, the Flames went out and signed Tomas Vokoun to a contract for the remainder of the season for $800,000. The Flames then traded Karri Ramo...

FLAMES RECEIVE | BRUINS RECEIVE
2015 PHI 2nd round pick|G Karri Ramo
2015 BOS 7th round pick

-- As the Flames continued their poor run, although, showing improvements, the Flames' GM MCG announced that the Flames would be sellers at the trade deadline. The Calgary Flames only made one trade at the deadline...

TRADE DEADLINE DEAL(S)

FLAMES RECEIVE | KINGS RECEIVE
RW Valentin Zykov|LW Curtis Glencross

Curtis Glencross was traded after putting up 18 goals and 33 points in 62 games as a Calgary Flame.

LEAGUE RANKINGS

32-38-12 - 76 PTS. 14th in the Western Conference and 29th in the entire league.

Wins | Points | Goals | Goals Against | Powerplay | Penalty Kill | Home | Away
32 (30th)|76 (29th)|215, 2.62 (T22nd)|259, 3.16 (29th)|70/402, 17.4% (18th)|263/322, 81.7% (23rd)|17-20-4|15-18-8

SCORING

FORWARDS

* = TRADED
** = ACQUIRED MID-SEASON

Player | Position | GP | Goals | Assists | Points | PPG
Jiri Hudler|RW|82|14|49|63|4
Mason Raymond|LW|82|24|35|59|12
Devin Setoguchi|RW|82|25|26|51|5
Matt Stajan|C|82|11|35|46|3
Sean Monahan|C|82|23|20|43|10
Mikael Backlund|C|78|11|29|40|4
Curtis Glencross*|LW|62|18|15|33|8
Joe Colborne|C/RW|82|13|20|33|3
David Jones|RW/LW|80|13|19|32|0
Brandon Bollig|LW|82|7|9|16|0
David Wolf|LW/C|82|10|3|13|1
Lance Bouma|LW/RW|82|4|8|12|1
Josh Jooris|C/LW|17|2|1|3|0

DEFENSE

Mark Giordano|D|77|13|30|43|4
Dennis Wideman|D|60|5|28|33|5
Kris Russell|D|80|7|22|29|2
TJ Brodie|D|82|8|18|26|5
Ladislav Smid|D|82|2|10|12|0
Raphael Diaz|D|66|4|6|10|3
Deryk Engelland|D/RW|53|0|4|4|0
Corey Potter|D|19|1|1|2|0

GOALIES

Player | GP | Wins | Losses | OTL | SO | SA | GA | SV% | GAA
Jonas Hiller|51|19|22|5|0|1486|132|.911%|2.87
Tomas Vokoun**|23|7|8|4|1|642|48|.925%|2.26
Karri Ramo*|18|6|8|3|0|499|70|.860%|4.45

AWARDS

Trophy | Winner
STANLEY CUP|NY Rangers
Presidents' Trophy|Toronto Maple Leafs
Clarence Campbell|Chicago Blackhawks
Prince of Wales|NY Rangers
Art Ross|Steven Stamkos (TB)
Hart|James vanRiemsdyk (TOR)
Norris|Cody Franson (TOR)
Lady Byng|Steven Stamkos (TB)
Clader|Evgeny Kuznetsov (WSH)
Conn Smythe|Cam Talbot (NYR)
Vezina|Jimmy Howard (DET)
William M. Jennings|Jonathan Bernier/James Reimer (TOR)
Bill Masterton|Francois Beauchemin (ANA)
Selke|Pavel Datsyuk (DET)
Ted Lindsay|Steven Stamkos (TB)
Maurice Richard|Alexander Ovechkin (WSH)

NHL ENTRY DRAFT: McDavid vs. Eichel

6812-13_1-640x427.jpg

-- The Calgary Flames win the draft lottery and will draft 1st overall in the Connor McDavid draft. However, rumours are swirling that the Flames are actively shopping the pick, as they feel set at center for the next decade with Bennett, Monahan and Backlund.

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie
Flames' GM MCG speaking with Poile. Rumor is the Flames are looking at Shea Weber.

Pierre LeBrun @Real_ESPNLebrun
David Poile has reportedly rejected 1st overall pick for Shea Weber. Flames still looking for a franchise D-man.

The Flames are on the clock, but they're still looking for a last minute deal...

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie
I'm hearing the Flames HAVE traded the 1st overall pick. Not sure who gets it and what's going back...

WE HAVE A TRADE TO ANNOUNCE...

2015 BOS 1st round pick (3rd)|2015 CGY 1st round pick (1st)
2015 BOS 3rd round pick (63rd)

Everyone in the crowd is roaring and the Bruins select Connor McDavid. The analysts are wondering what the Flames have up their sleeve and who their selection might be. Jack Eichel dropped to 4th in the final rankings, but those proved to be irrelevant as Jack Eichel was selected 2nd overall.

WITH THE 3RD OVERALL PICK, THE CALGARY FLAMES SELECT NOAH HANIFIN.

Hanifin%2BNoah%2BBC%2Bpose.gif

Noah Hanifin, the first round pick, selected third overall, of the Calgary Flames.

JAMES DUTHIE IS ON THE DRAFT FLOOR READY TO INTERVIEW MCG

BUT WAIT...

he randomly runs into the Cake Boss:

172006690-buddy-valastro-aka-the-cake-boss-presents-gettyimages.jpg

"What the **** are you doing here," asks Duthie. MCG is nowhere to be found.

Bettman is at the podium... and we have another trade to announce...

FLAMES RECEIVE | PREDATORS RECEIVE
D Seth Jones|D Dennis Wideman
|D Deryk Engelland (800k retained)
|2015 PHI 2nd round pick (55th)
|2015 CGY 3rd round pick (62nd)

1380670329000-seth-jones-009.jpg

Seth Jones, acquired by the Calgary Flames at the NHL Entry Draft in a big three-player, five-piece trade.

CALGARY FLAMES DRAFT
Selection # | Player | Position | Age | Overall | Potential
3|Noah Hanifin|Defense|18|78|4.5 Gold
32|Timo Meier|Left Wing|18|66|4 Gold
63|Nicolas Roy|Center|18|63|3.5 Gold
111|Filip Pyrochta|Defense|19|58|3.5 Gold
122|Nick Schneider|Goalie|17|59|3.5 Gold
152|Tyson Ballie|Center|19|69|3.5 Gold
182|Filip Bergmark|Defense|20|68|4 Red
183|Viktor Jaskin|Defense|19|64|4 Red

McKenzie.jpeg

While James never got an actual interview with MCG, I was talking to some close to the situation about what unfolded on draft day. Pretty much, as reported, the Flames are confident in the center core they have now with Monahan, Bennett and Backlund heading into the future and they didn't need to hold onto the 1st overall selection. Instead, they're preparing themselves for the inevitable and are starting to focus on the blue line now and getting younger. Mark Giordano, the top defenseman on the Flames, has one year left on his contract and it's no guarantee he re-signs with the Flames next summer depending on where they are in the standings; Giordano wants to win a Cup and this might be his final contract.

At the draft, the Flames made good on their movement, as they traded down to select a potential franchise defenseman in Noah Hanifin and then they traded to acquire Seth Jones after they failed to acquire Shea Weber from the Nashville Predators.

All that said, it's believed that if Jack Eichel was there at the Flames 3rd pick, they would have taken him and tried to package Backlund or Bennett in a deal. Moving forward, Hanifin and Jones will be staples on the Flames' blue line.​

FLAMES RE-SIGN

Player | Position | Age | Overall | Potential | Years | Total Salary | Cap Hit
Devin Setoguchi|Right Wing|28|84|White|3|$7.425 M|$2.475 M
David Jones|Right Wing|30|83|3.5 White|2|$3.91 M|$1.955 M
Mikael Backlund|Center|26|82|4 Gold|5|$9.5 M|$1.9 M
Tomas Vokoun|Goalie|38|82|3.5 White|1|$1.05 M|$1.05 M
Raphael Diaz|Defense|29|79|3 White|1|$800 K|$800 K
Sven Baertschi|Left Wing|22|79|4 Gold|3|$2.1 M|$700 K
Max Reinhart|Center|23|78|3.5 Gold|3|$2.1 M|$700 K
Lance Bouma|Left Wing|25|77|3 Red|2|$1.7 M|$850 K

FLAMES LOSE

Player | Position | Age | Overall | Potential
Corey Potter|Defense|31|79|3 White
Derek Smith|Defense|30|76|3 White

FLAMES SIGN

Franson_Cody_L.jpg

Norris winner, Cody Franson, is the newest addition to the Flames' blue line.

Cody Franson|Defense|27|85|3.5 White|2|$11.2 M|$5.6 M
Jay McClement|Center|32|81|3.5 White|1|$2.1 M|$2.1 M
Daniel Winnik|Left Wing|30|81|3.5 White|1|$850 K|$850 K
Eric Fehr|Right Wing|29|81|3.5 White|2|$4 M|$2 M
Chris Butler|Defense|28|81|3.5 White|1|$2.3 M|$2.3 M
Brendan Burke|Goalie|20|74|3.5 Gold|3|$1.95 M|$650 K
Drayson Bowman|Left Wing|26|77|3.5 Gold|1|$750 K|$750 K
Jordan Subban|Defense|20|68|3.5 Gold|3|$1.8 M|$600 K

badams326

Apr 17, 2014
2020-2021 Season with the Washington Capitals

Finished the year with a disappointing record of 40-36-6 (86 Points, 7th in the Metropolitan Division, 12th in the Eastern Conference, 18th in the NHL)

Lineup

Ovechkin (91, C) - Backstrom (90, A) - Wilson (90)
Timashov (87) - Kadri (88) - Kuznetsov (86)
Burakovsky (85) - Bolland (83) - Gettinger (82)
McGinn (82) - Hotchkiss (77) - Filatov (80)

Alzner (86) - Carlson (88, A)
Koekkoek (83) - Hjalmarsson (85)
Chelios (80) - Zborovskiy (82)

Alexeev (88)
Pasquale (83)

I Rookie Skaters
*Free Agent/Trade Acquisitions

In February, GM Adams went into desperation mode, acquiring D Gustav Bouramman from the Anaheim Ducks for Washington's 2021 2nd Round Pick and prospects.

After the Regular Season, the Washington Capitals fired Adams as their GM. Reasoning is because of multiple disappointing seasons the last 3 years (DNQ, Round 1 Exit, DNQ) with the roster he assembled.

New Jersey, who had the #1 Overall Pick the last 3 years, will be picking 2nd Overall. Detroit will be picking 1st.

-------------------------​

And since I'm no longer the Capitals GM, I'm thinking about doing Nashville next.

LetsGoDevils30

Jan 28, 2013
New Jersey
Decided to go back and check my Devils franchise from NHL 14
My team after 3ish years looked like:

Boucher-Henrique-Yakupov(FA)
E. Kane(Trade)-Louis Leblanc(Trade early on)-Justin Williams(FA)
Matteau-Zajac-Rutuu
Tangradi(FA)-?????-Tootoo

Greene-Larsson
Severson-Gelinas
Merril-Fraser

Schneider
Kinkaid

Needless to say, I like this team better than the actual Devils team :(

inshanny we trust

Feb 4, 2015
Tornonto mapleleafs 2014/2015 rebuild

June 23rd 2015

2015 NHL Entry Draft

Good evening folks, this is it. The big day. James Duthie here with our entire TSN crew providing you with live coverage of the 2015 NHL entry draft. These young men have worked hard their entire lives, and now it's finally here. We will update you on all the latest news of the day. To kick things off here is our insider Bob McKenzie.

Bob: Now there's been a lot of discussion about who will go first overall, Will it be the obvious choice Connor Mcdavid,Matt Barzal or will it be Devin Williams of the Eerie otters whose made a convincing case this year in moving up in the top five of the draft after his brilliant performance in the Ohl playoffs and single handly winning the memorial cup with four consecutive shutouts while Mcdavid didn't even register a point for the otters.

Darren: That's right, its going to be interesting to see what Calgary does do they go with a generational goaltender or a generational player in Mcdavid Well just have to wait to see.
in other news it is believed that the Toronto Maple Leafs have been involved in advanced trade talks with the Florida,Carolina,Arizona, Florida and New Jersey and that numerous names are in play on both sides. Mark Hunter has gotten calls on Phil Kessel, David Clarkson and Joffrey Lupul, however I'm told they won't be on the move today.

Well there you have it guys, expect the unexpected and expect some trades here today. Craig Button here to provide us with an analysis on the picks as they go down. Pierre McGuire will analyse every trade we see today.

To get things underway, here is the commissioner Gary Bettman.

Good evening Sunrise, Florida. I would like to thank the city of Florida, the entire Florida Panthers organization and you the fans. Also I would like to congratulate the Pittsburgh Penguins on another Stanley Cup. Before we get things underway, we have some trades to announce.

Pierre: There has been a trade involving Toronto and Florida I believe

Bob: I can confirm that the Leafs have made a move, I'm hearing 2 draft picks have been involved as well.

Darren: A source inside the Leafs organization has told me that Phil Kessel has been traded. Florida has acquired Jonathan Bernier from the Leafs.

James: Wow. the draft hasn't even started yet and here we are with making some some big moves, we go back to Gary Bettman who is announcing the trades.

Gary Bettman: Our first trade, Florida has traded there 2nd rd draft pick and next years2nd rd draft pick to Toronto for Jonathan Bernier

Gord: so it is true, Jonathan Bernier rejected the Leafs latest contract offer and has been traded. I guess there back up plan signing James Reimer worked well for them as he will be there #1 goaltender once again.

Pierre: I Don't blame the leafs one bit. With Berniers play this season he didn't deserve what he was asking for. Mark hunter offered him a fair offer for his play this year and he flat out rejected him. The leafs hands were tied and got 2 2nd rds for him. This now gives Bibeau to develop under Reimer untill he's ready to take over the pipes in the big league.

Gary Bettman: We have another trade to announce, oh my this is a big one.

Darren Dreger: This is the Kessel trade.

Gary Bettman: Toronto trades Phil Kessel,Joffrey Lupul and there 4th rnd draft pick to Arizona for Max Domi B.j.Combreen,this years 15 overall pick and next years first overall pick, without further ado, Calagry you are on the clock.

Pierre: Wow. I'm stunned and speechless. They actually traded Kessel and are moving forward with the rebuild of this team.Mark Hunter must be a genius he actually got this organization out of the crazy contracts that Dave Nonis left him. Not only that he got 2 first rounders for him plus up and coming Max Domi Who showed that hes the real deal with the magnificent world junior tournament he had back in Janurary.

Bob: This is a shocking trade, this trade will define these two teams for a very long time.

Darren: Lot's of names were thrown in the deal. Ultimately this was the best fit.

Calgary to make the first pick

Here comes Brad Treliving followed by Brian Burke & Dave Nonis. Good evening everyone, Thank you to the Florida Panthers and their great fans for their hospitality, I would like to welcome our fans in Calgary who are attending our draft party. I would like to congratulate the Pittsburgh Penguins on winning the Stanley Cup. With the first overall pick in the 2015 NHL Entry draft, the Toronto Maple are thrilled to select, from the Erie Otters of the Ontario Hockey League Devin Williams.

Duthie: WHAT! they went with Devin Williams. what were they thinking they had the next superstar in the game ready for the taking and went with a goaltender. Unbelievable.

Lou Lamiriello steps up. With the second overall pick in the 2015 NHL Entry draft, the New Jersey Devils select from the Eerie Otters of the Ohl is Connor Mcdavid

Pierre: New Jersey was in awe when Devin Williams name was called. They were set on getting the heir to Martin Brodeur in net. I guess Mcdavid is good 2nd prize ( chuckle)

Toronto up now: Good evening and hello, thank you to our great fans from Toronto who made the trip to Florida. The Toronto Maple Leafs are pleased to select 3rd overall from the Eerie Otters , Dylan Strome.

With the 4th overall pick The Toronto Maple Leafs are pleased to select from the Whl Brandon Wheat Kings Ryan Pilon

Vancouver up now: Vancouver selects Matt Barzal.

What a turn of events in the first five picks of the draft.first of all the top three pick came from the same team of the Eerie otters and Connor Mcdavid dropped to 2nd. Devin Williams projected @ 3rd overall went first and Matt Barzal projected at second dropped to fifth. this is a draft for the ages.
Craig weighs in on the top 5 picks.
The first 5 picks are no brainers, all exceptional talents. I just don't understand Calgary thinking. Taking Williams over Mcdavid. Ithink That's gonna haunt them for years to come. However it looks like New Jersey won the connor Mcdavid sweepstakes in the end. Toronto selected Dylan Strome and finally got there # 1 center that they have been missing since Mats Sundin and adding another stud defencemen in Ryan Pilon. While Vancouver lucked out and selected Mat Barzal.

Bob: Where here with Mark Hunter and Brandon Shanahan of the Toronto Maple Leafs to talk about there big splash at the draft so far. So lets start about the trade s you made today.

Shannahan: Well Bob I said back in Febuarary that we were gonna blow this team up while only keeping a few core guys around. This team will be built properly under my watch. in order to do that we have to build thru the draft.
Bob: When will we find out about the new head coach?
Shannahan: There will be an announcement on July 1st.
Hunter: It was hard to let Lupul and Kessel go but we had no choice in order to bring this team back to respectability they had to go.However were ecstatic in the return we got back from the coyotes in Domi and our next pick at 15 and next years 1st rd. This will set up this franchise for a long time. In the Case of Bernier we were disaapointed he didn't think our last offer was fair. So we decided it was best for the organization to trade him and and get fair market value for him.

Bob:Well there you have it the rebuild is starting at this years draft. Only the future will tell for this team Back to you Duthie.

Duthie: Im here with 3rd overall pick of the newest Toronto Maple Leaf Dylan Strome

Dylan describe this feeling.

Well it's a dream come true. Playing in Canada where hockey is king and I"m in the Hockey capital of the world. I want to be the best in the world and bring a cup to Toronto.

Duthie: fans in Toronto are certainly going to love you, all the best in Toronto Dylan.Back to you Pierre

Pierre: For those wondering Toronto is up next with next pick at 15th. while we wait for there pick lets review top 10 picks:

1.Williams-Cal
2.Mcdavid-Nj
3.Strome-Tor
4.Pilon-Tor
5.Barzal-Vnc
6.Schidmeyer-Buff
7.Buillion-Nash
8.Karnukhov-Edm
9.Lotz-Ana
10.Dekoning-Wpg

Mark Hunter comes up to the podium.

With the 15th pick overall the Toronto Maple Leafs select from the Whl Tri-City Americans Connor Rankin.

So those were the top 15 picks of my first year as gm. I was shocked that Connor went 2nd over Devin Williams. I never even heard of this guy. Heres the recap of the rest of my draft:

D. Sprong B.Clarke
J. Morrissey Ouellette-Maxime
N.koreosetlev Ospirovi
C.Marchese Spinnozzi
K.Betzold Bricknell
J.smith

Last edited:

inshanny we trust

Feb 4, 2015
Toronto 2014 - 2015 rebuild Free Agency

July 1 2015

Welcome back to the Tim and Sid show. As promised we have The General Manager of the Toronto Maple Leafs Mark Hunter on the phone with us.
Mark: Hi guys. Thanks for having me on the show.
Sid: HI mark welcome to the show
Tim: Hi mark
Sid: Well this is it the announcement of the new head coach of The Toronto Maple leafs.
Tim: Well who is it?
Mark: As GM of the Toronto Maple Leafs we are happy to announce the next head coach of your Toronto Maple Leafs is Mike Babcock.
Sid: Are you kidding me he decided to leave Detroit. That's unbelievable.
Tim: Wow you guys are absolutely amzing for luring him here. how did you do it.
MArk :well Tim he has ties with Brendan and was really impressed with how we set up the next coach for the future here. So he decided to come to Toronto and try to bring us the cup.
Sid: what are the term of the contract.
MArk: Mike sighned on for five years. for 4.7 million. we hope it doesn't take him that long but were prepared if it does as this is a very young team and needs time to develop. who else would you coach and develop this type of talent that we've assembled here.
Tim: well with that out of the way have you made any offers to any of the free agents available?
Sid: Wait a second tim I have a question first. Mark whats the goalie situation gonna be come opening night.
Mark: To answer both your questions we have just signed Andrei Markov from Buffalo to a three year deal.we also signed Undrated Center Dane fox to a 3 year
ELC
Tim: What about Bibeau ?
Mark: Well after we signed Babcock his first order of business was to assess the goaltending situation and he felt that Bibeau needs a little more time to develop.so he suggested to go after Markov and with our salary cap in great form now we could do it.
Sid: Tell us about Dane Fox?
Mark Well hes an undrafted player who has a lot of potential to become a top player on this team.
Sid: ok any other signings or moves.

Mark: Yes in fact there is weve decided to not renew the contracts of trevor smith,frazor McLaren,Spencer abbott. so have to decided to trade Robert Gibson to Vancouver for 6th rounder and Garrett Sparks to Winnipeg for a % rounder. To clear up our crowded goalie situation in the minors.we have also traded Matt Frattin to Tampa for 5th rounder as well. we at MLSE over the last six months fell that e have been productive in rebuilding this organization and setting it up for future success. We do expect a competive team next year but will not be disappointed in a losing record as we are young. we feel that with Babcock as coach he will develop these players that we have put together for a winning team in the near future.
Tim: well there you have Mike Babcock is the new head coach of the Leafs. The future looks good Toronto.
Sid: I cant Believe It Mike FCKN Babcock!

Commercial.

Well there it is boys my first season is done just in the middle of simming my second hope you enjoed and will be back soon with my second season.

Jibby95

Mar 22, 2011
tm-njd.gif

tm-njd.gif

2016/17 NHL Trade Deadline

NJD Record: 26-30-5, 22nd NHL

In my last update, the New Jersey Devils were a the 16/17 Trade Deadline.

Entering the day, New Jersey had a poor 26-30-5 record, well out of a playoff spot in the tough Eastern Conference.

To summarize my previous post: after dealing Josefson, Jurco, Schneider, Matteau, and some picks away, the Devils brought in Loui Eriksson, Bobrovsky, and Boll into the NHL roster. From there, the Devils took the "let's see how this goes" approach.

And well, go it did

Following the trade deadline, the Devils played as one of the leagues best teams, and slowly starting clawing their way toward a playoff spot.

Going into the final game of the regular season, the Devils were 39-35-7. Meaning the team was 13-5-2 since the Trade Deadline. On this final day of the season, the Devils faced the Islanders in what turned out to be a winner take all for the final wildcard spot in the East.

New Jersey went out and dominated their Long Island rivals and walked away with a big 4-0 win, and more importantly, a playoff spot.

From there, the Devils were pitted against the defending champion Tampa Bay Lightning in round 1

Tampa Bay took a commanding 3-0 series lead, and the miracle season appeared to be over for Devils brass.

However, the Devils stormed back lead by insane goaltending from Bobrovsky and huge timely goals by Sean Monahan. Thanks to 3 shutouts and a 2 goal game, the Devils won Games 4,5,6, and 7 to advance to the next round. NJ 4 - TB 3

In round 2 the Devils had to play the Maple Leafs

In this series the Devils veteran core of Kesler, Eriksson, Ward and Greene showed up and displayed to the Maple Leafs the difference between playoff hockey and regular season hockey. New Jersey dismantled the Leafs in a dominating sweep. NJ 4 - TOR 0

Next up in the ECF were the "beloved" Philadelphia Flyers, led by Giroux's insane offensive numbers in the playoffs. Not to be outdone, Monahan lit the Flyers defense up through the first 3 games and the Devils jumped out to a 3-0 series lead. With the series all but settled, the Devils just needed to close out the victory. The Flyers weren't going to go down easy though, and were able to win games 4 and 5 before getting shutout in game 6 and getting eliminated. NJ 4 - PHI 2

So somehow, someway, the Devils managed to qualify for the playoffs on the last day of the season. Not only that, but they managed to slug their way through three rounds of intense playoff hockey, without home-ice advantage. Now, perhaps, it was time for the Devils to finally get taken out. The SCF for the 16/17 season was set to be between the Devils and the President's Trophy winning Chicago Blackhawks.

Almost every expert picked the Hawks to come out with the cup, and oddsmakers had the Hawks winning quite often. However, the Devils had something to say about that. The team walked into Chicago and took both games 1 AND 2, with Bobrovsky posting shutouts in both games.

Toews was infuriated with his teams lack of desire and came into the Prudential Center with a vengeance, lighting up Bob with a hat-trick and leading the Hawks to a 3-2 win.

But, it was perhaps too little too late, as NJ grinded out a 2-1 home win in the next game and then took the Cup in game 5 on the road. NJ 4 - CHI 1

Conn Smythe: Sergei Bobrovsky, 1.17 GAA, 94.33 SV% (absolutely insane)
Leading Scorer in Playoffs: Sean Monahan, 22 GP, 10G 11A +7
----

So there it is. To be honest I was very confused with this GM mode as to why I wasn't winning games at the deadline. I decided this season was probably lost so I could use the back chunk of it to experiment a bit. Decided to shake things up by upgrading Schneids to Bob, Josefson to Eriksson, and taking SNP Jurco off my 4th line and putting the new GRN Boll. The changes worked well I'd say :yo:

Definitely the craziest and most rewarding cup I've won in GM mode so far. Here's hoping I can make the playoffs next year and repeat. Never know with this Devils team though, I could be the worst team in the league next year lol.

hockeyfan54543

Feb 9, 2015
Offer more?

If trade values are relatively similar you can try retaining salary in Harding to make it look like a more appealing move for the Wild.

If you don't want to add more assets to the deal, see if the CPU GM is interested in any of your non-signed draft picks that you may not want to have.

Or finally cheese it depending on how realistic you want your GM mode to be - later round draft picks can always be tossed into a deal to make it work, although it's a pretty cheap method to get it done.

Far brtter would be to go to settings, adjust the trade difficulty to more reasonable one for you, and then try again.
Yeah I try it didn't work. For now I'm doing my redwings gm it's pretty cool team I have lindholm and that ryan Murphy

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
:flames

2014-2015 CALGARY FLAMES

Opening Night Roster

LW​
|
C​
|
RW​
Mason Raymond (84)|Matt Stajan (83)|Jiri Hudler (84)
David Jones (83)|Joe Colborne (80)|Devin Setoguchi (84)
Curtis Glencross (84)|Sean Monahan (84)|Mikael Backlund (82)
Brandon Bollig (79)|David Wolf (70)|Lance Bouma (77)

LD​
|
RD​
Mark Giordano (87)|Dennis Wideman (84)
Ladislav Smid (82)|Raphael Diaz (79)
Kris Russell (80)|TJ Brodie (81)
|Deryk Engelland (79)
|Corey Potter (79)
|Derek Smith (76)

Jonas Hiller (87)|Karri Ramo (83)

NOTES

-- After heading into the New Year with a horrible 11-23-6 record, and Ramo not fulfilling his potential in Calgary, the Flames went out and signed Tomas Vokoun to a contract for the remainder of the season for $800,000. The Flames then traded Karri Ramo...

2015 PHI 2nd round pick|G Karri Ramo
2015 BOS 7th round pick

-- As the Flames continued their poor run, although, showing improvements, the Flames' GM MCG announced that the Flames would be sellers at the trade deadline. The Calgary Flames only made one trade at the deadline...

TRADE DEADLINE DEAL(S)

FLAMES RECEIVE | KINGS RECEIVE
RW Valentin Zykov|LW Curtis Glencross

Curtis Glencross was traded after putting up 18 goals and 33 points in 62 games as a Calgary Flame.

LEAGUE RANKINGS

32-38-12 - 76 PTS. 14th in the Western Conference and 29th in the entire league.

Wins | Points | Goals | Goals Against | Powerplay | Penalty Kill | Home | Away
32 (30th)|76 (29th)|215, 2.62 (T22nd)|259, 3.16 (29th)|70/402, 17.4% (18th)|263/322, 81.7% (23rd)|17-20-4|15-18-8

SCORING

FORWARDS

* = TRADED
** = ACQUIRED MID-SEASON

Jiri Hudler|RW|82|14|49|63|4
Mason Raymond|LW|82|24|35|59|12
Devin Setoguchi|RW|82|25|26|51|5
Matt Stajan|C|82|11|35|46|3
Sean Monahan|C|82|23|20|43|10
Mikael Backlund|C|78|11|29|40|4
Curtis Glencross*|LW|62|18|15|33|8
Joe Colborne|C/RW|82|13|20|33|3
David Jones|RW/LW|80|13|19|32|0
Brandon Bollig|LW|82|7|9|16|0
David Wolf|LW/C|82|10|3|13|1
Lance Bouma|LW/RW|82|4|8|12|1
Josh Jooris|C/LW|17|2|1|3|0

DEFENSE

Mark Giordano|D|77|13|30|43|4
Dennis Wideman|D|60|5|28|33|5
Kris Russell|D|80|7|22|29|2
TJ Brodie|D|82|8|18|26|5
Ladislav Smid|D|82|2|10|12|0
Raphael Diaz|D|66|4|6|10|3
Deryk Engelland|D/RW|53|0|4|4|0
Corey Potter|D|19|1|1|2|0

GOALIES

Player | GP | Wins | Losses | OTL | SO | SA | GA | SV% | GAA
Jonas Hiller|51|19|22|5|0|1486|132|.911%|2.87
Tomas Vokoun**|23|7|8|4|1|642|48|.925%|2.26
Karri Ramo*|18|6|8|3|0|499|70|.860%|4.45

AWARDS

Trophy | Winner
STANLEY CUP|NY Rangers
Presidents' Trophy|Toronto Maple Leafs
Clarence Campbell|Chicago Blackhawks
Prince of Wales|NY Rangers
Art Ross|Steven Stamkos (TB)
Hart|James vanRiemsdyk (TOR)
Norris|Cody Franson (TOR)
Lady Byng|Steven Stamkos (TB)
Clader|Evgeny Kuznetsov (WSH)
Conn Smythe|Cam Talbot (NYR)
Vezina|Jimmy Howard (DET)
William M. Jennings|Jonathan Bernier/James Reimer (TOR)
Bill Masterton|Francois Beauchemin (ANA)
Selke|Pavel Datsyuk (DET)
Ted Lindsay|Steven Stamkos (TB)
Maurice Richard|Alexander Ovechkin (WSH)

NHL ENTRY DRAFT: McDavid vs. Eichel

6812-13_1-640x427.jpg

-- The Calgary Flames win the draft lottery and will draft 1st overall in the Connor McDavid draft. However, rumours are swirling that the Flames are actively shopping the pick, as they feel set at center for the next decade with Bennett, Monahan and Backlund.

The Flames are on the clock, but they're still looking for a last minute deal...

WE HAVE A TRADE TO ANNOUNCE...

2015 BOS 1st round pick (3rd)|2015 CGY 1st round pick (1st)
2015 BOS 3rd round pick (63rd)

Everyone in the crowd is roaring and the Bruins select Connor McDavid. The analysts are wondering what the Flames have up their sleeve and who their selection might be. Jack Eichel dropped to 4th in the final rankings, but those proved to be irrelevant as Jack Eichel was selected 2nd overall.

WITH THE 3RD OVERALL PICK, THE CALGARY FLAMES SELECT NOAH HANIFIN.

Hanifin%2BNoah%2BBC%2Bpose.gif

Noah Hanifin, the first round pick, selected third overall, of the Calgary Flames.

JAMES DUTHIE IS ON THE DRAFT FLOOR READY TO INTERVIEW MCG

BUT WAIT...

he randomly runs into the Cake Boss:

172006690-buddy-valastro-aka-the-cake-boss-presents-gettyimages.jpg

"What the **** are you doing here," asks Duthie. MCG is nowhere to be found.

Bettman is at the podium... and we have another trade to announce...

FLAMES RECEIVE | PREDATORS RECEIVE
D Seth Jones|D Dennis Wideman
|D Deryk Engelland (800k retained)
|2015 PHI 2nd round pick (55th)
|2015 CGY 3rd round pick (62nd)

1380670329000-seth-jones-009.jpg

Seth Jones, acquired by the Calgary Flames at the NHL Entry Draft in a big three-player, five-piece trade.

CALGARY FLAMES DRAFT
Selection # | Player | Position | Age | Overall | Potential
3|Noah Hanifin|Defense|18|78|4.5 Gold
32|Timo Meier|Left Wing|18|66|4 Gold
63|Nicolas Roy|Center|18|63|3.5 Gold
111|Filip Pyrochta|Defense|19|58|3.5 Gold
122|Nick Schneider|Goalie|17|59|3.5 Gold
152|Tyson Ballie|Center|19|69|3.5 Gold
182|Filip Bergmark|Defense|20|68|4 Red
183|Viktor Jaskin|Defense|19|64|4 Red

FLAMES RE-SIGN

Devin Setoguchi|Right Wing|28|84|White|3|$7.425 M|$2.475 M
David Jones|Right Wing|30|83|3.5 White|2|$3.91 M|$1.955 M
Mikael Backlund|Center|26|82|4 Gold|5|$9.5 M|$1.9 M
Tomas Vokoun|Goalie|38|82|3.5 White|1|$1.05 M|$1.05 M
Raphael Diaz|Defense|29|79|3 White|1|$800 K|$800 K
Sven Baertschi|Left Wing|22|79|4 Gold|3|$2.1 M|$700 K
Max Reinhart|Center|23|78|3.5 Gold|3|$2.1 M|$700 K
Lance Bouma|Left Wing|25|77|3 Red|2|$1.7 M|$850 K

FLAMES LOSE

Player | Position | Age | Overall | Potential
Corey Potter|Defense|31|79|3 White
Derek Smith|Defense|30|76|3 White

FLAMES SIGN

Franson_Cody_L.jpg

Norris winner, Cody Franson, is the newest addition to the Flames' blue line.

Cody Franson|Defense|27|85|3.5 White|2|$11.2 M|$5.6 M
Jay McClement|Center|32|81|3.5 White|1|$2.1 M|$2.1 M
Daniel Winnik|Left Wing|30|81|3.5 White|1|$850 K|$850 K
Eric Fehr|Right Wing|29|81|3.5 White|2|$4 M|$2 M
Chris Butler|Defense|28|81|3.5 White|1|$2.3 M|$2.3 M
Brendan Burke|Goalie|20|74|3.5 Gold|3|$1.95 M|$650 K
Drayson Bowman|Left Wing|26|77|3.5 Gold|1|$750 K|$750 K
Jordan Subban|Defense|20|68|3.5 Gold|3|$1.8 M|$600 K

LOL!

Wow nice one man. Wasn't too hot on your move out of 1st overall, but when I saw your full off-season that's a real nice bit of work.

Keep it going. Your write-ups are great. The Duthie bit has me laughing

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Can I kindly request the vid that explains how to put prospects (Eichel/Hanafin) into the draft again please?

Thanks in advance guys

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
LOL!

Wow nice one man. Wasn't too hot on your move out of 1st overall, but when I saw your full off-season that's a real nice bit of work.

Keep it going. Your write-ups are great. The Duthie bit has me laughing

The deal sucked but that's what happens when EA doesn't properly value picks like that -- especially in a draft with McDavid/Eichel.

tezgm99

Jan 12, 2015
Cranbrook
Come back from an emergency trip across the Pacific and see that there's no point in doing a write up about my NJ playthrough since a couple of others have already done so....guess I'll stick with my Boston one on here for the moment and crank that GM file back up this week :)

NYRangers3061

Lets Go Rangers!!!
Jan 9, 2015
Rangerstown
Trying to enter the Evander Kane trade manually. Does anyone know if Joel Armia is in NHL 15, and if he is, where? Thanks

Also wish you could trade draft picks in roster management bc this trade now makes the Jets much worse, same with the Perron trade(bc I can't trade picks, it was Perron for Klinkhammer)

badams326

Apr 17, 2014
Trying to enter the Evander Kane trade manually. Does anyone know if Joel Armia is in NHL 15, and if he is, where? Thanks

Also wish you could trade draft picks in roster management bc this trade now makes the Jets much worse, same with the Perron trade(bc I can't trade picks, it was Perron for Klinkhammer)

Armia's in the game on Rochester (Buffalo's AHL team). I just did the trade manually myself.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Monahan's a bust in this GM mode :(

You must have misplayed him then. Because I have him consistently become a 90~ overall player, if not higher.
He needs 1st line time and to play C in order to become beastly.

EDIT: That was your problem, you played him 2nd line on the right wing. should swapped him and Boucher for the 2nd line and have Granlund be the winger and Monahan be your 1st line C

Last edited:

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
You know what royally sucks not being able to do ever for this game?
Change the draft picks yourself!!! Like its not THAT hard to do!! Just have like a separate button clickable while on a team to go to draft picks and trade those as well.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
You must have misplayed him then. Because I have him consistently become a 90~ overall player, if not higher.
He needs 1st line time and to play C in order to become beastly.

EDIT: That was your problem, you played him 2nd line on the right wing. should swapped him and Boucher for the 2nd line and have Granlund be the winger and Monahan be your 1st line C

Huh? I've never had a Boucher on my team...

And he always played center for me.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
TSN's Mid Season Report

Duthie: Good evening everyone and welcome to our regular NHL Mid Season report. I'm James Duthie alongside of Bob McKenzie, Darren Dregger, Aaron Ward and joining us via satellite from NBC's studios is Pierre Maguire. Alright so let's take a look, starting alphabetically at each team and break down how they are doing.
Anaheim, sitting comfortably in 2nd place in the Pacific Division with 42 points, and Getzlaf and Perry leading the way as usual....

**Few teams later***

Duthie: Alright guys lets take a look at the Carolina Hurricanes this season. So far, they're doing quite better than expected wouldn't you say?

Ward: Yeah James, they seemingly came out of nowhere. They are currently sitting in 3rd place in the Metropolitan Division, and are sporting a record of 21-13-1. I know they'd like it if they went to Overtime a few more times, and getting those extra 'loser' points as they're called, but I'm sure they are fine just being in the playoff hunt after 2 seasons of misery and top picks. But this is a very disciplined team that takes few penalties, so they are helping themselves out in that regard.

Pierre: What really confused me about the Hurricanes is their decision to keep top prospect Matt Barzal in the AHL for the season. He definitely has the offensive tools to perform in the NHL, but maybe they weren't comfortable with the defensive prowess yet, so he's in the AHL and is dominating, he's something to look forward to for next year. Along with many prospects looking to take the leap.

Dregger: Many thought that Jordan Staal would be the next to move, but so far, has been a staple on the top line with Yakupov and (Elias) Lindholm. With the emergence of the surprise Danish goaltender Gilles Senn, fans are optimistic that the Hurricanes might just make it into the playoffs.

McKenzie: This team is a team composed with some skilled 2 way players in Staal and Helm, a good puck moving core of defensemen, and like Darren alluded to the sudden rise of goaltender Gilles Senn. What this team lacks is another pure finisher like Yakupov. He's in a similar situation Toronto was a few seasons ago, when you knew that Kessel was 'the guy' and if you shut him down, so goes the offence and we have seen a similar situation in Carolina this season. Whether or not the GM goes out and makes a move to address the depth goal scoring, or just plans to wait the course and allow the prospects to develop, remains to be seen.

Duthie: Alright thanks guys, now lets move onto a surprising Chicago team....

Team Leaders:
Goals: Yakupov(15)
Assists: Goligoski(25)
+/-: Nylander(+3)
PIM's: McQuaid(64)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad