Be A GM Mode/Dynasty Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyWy

May 26, 2011
Michigan
Playing on the PS4 and when I trade for a goalie/sign a free agent goalie, their helmet is always from their old team. Malcolm Subban playing for Vancouver and he's wearing the Bruins helmet, looks ridiculous. Without edit player, is there any way to fix this?

inshanny we trust

Feb 4, 2015
toronto maple leafs 2014 rebuild

So I simmed my first season up to Feb/10 2015 and here is my recap.
The Toronto maple leafs didn't disappoint and their record ended up being 21/30/3. keep in mind the first trade came to me thru the computer and I couldn't pass it up. most of the trades I made came thru the computer.
Feb/10
Welcome to the tim & sid show live on the fan 590. we have just got confirmation that the new GM of the Toronto maple leafs mark hunter has made a couple of moves today. fulfilling his promise that the mlse brass will blow up this team and start over with proper rebuilding and development of the talent.his first trade of being a gm is oh my god say it isn't so he did the impossible the Toronto maple leafs traded Dion Phaneuf to the Colorado avalanche for a second rounder and a third rounder.Mark Hunter then traded another big contract away in Stephane Robidas to the Chicago Blackhawks for a fifth round pick. Leo Komarov is named the new team captain.

Feb/22

David booth got traded to florida for two 3rd rounders
Santorelli and floridas 3rd went to Detroit for 1st rounder

trade deadline
Bozak and 2nd rounder to Philadelphia for 1s(3rd)
rounder and bellamire
Cody franson to boston forseth Griffith and blidh(forgot first name )

At the end of the season I ended up with 37 - 40 - 5 record good for fourth overall pick and thanks to the philliy trade I got a third pick.

inshanny we trust

Feb 4, 2015
toronto maple elafs 2014

NHL Entry Draft Preview:

James Duthie here with our TSN Insiders Bob McKenzie and Darren Dregger. Now as you already know Matt Barzal and Connor McDavid will be the top 2 picks. What we don't know, is who is going to be the first overall pick.

Bob: Now Duthie don't forget about the top goaltender in this draft Devin Williams who has made a big impact on the first overall pick. his play this season has moved him right to the top of the draft with Barzal & Mcdavid. It will be interesting too see what the Calgary Flames will do.

Darren: I hear you bob but I don't think Calgary or for that matter NJ Will pass on two generationL Tlents in Mcdavid or Barzal.

In the meanwhile guys, are there any big moves expected today ?

Bob: It's possible that we see some big trades, if we do I would expect the Leafs to be involved in them.

Darren: Joffrey Lupul name has come up in trade discussion, he's under contract for 3 more years at 4.2M, he's a first line wingerr and teams have been calling Mark Hunter about him all week, he will be moved if the right offer comes along.

Alright, thanks guys, before we end we have our top 5 mock draft to present, where myself, James, Bob and TSN Director of scouting Craig Button have provided you with their top 5 picks of the draft.

James:
1: Connor McDavid
2: Devin Williams
3: Matt Barzal
4: Dylan Strome
5: Rich Pilon

Bob:
1:Devin Williams
2: Connor McDavid
3: Mat Barzal
4: Pavel Zacha
5: Dylan Stome

Darren:
1:Matt Barzal
2: Connor McDavid
3: Devin Williams
4: Cameron Askew
5: Pavel Zacha

Craig :
1: Connor McDavid
2: Matt Barzal
3: Pavel Zacha
4: Dylan Strome
5: Callum Booth

badams326

Apr 17, 2014
LOL Edmonton got the #1 Overall Pick in the first 2 years in my GM Mode.

And for some reason St. Louis don't have the cap space to re-sign David Backes, so he signed with the Blackhawks in the Year 2 Free Agency.

Last edited:

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Playing on the PS4 and when I trade for a goalie/sign a free agent goalie, their helmet is always from their old team. Malcolm Subban playing for Vancouver and he's wearing the Bruins helmet, looks ridiculous. Without edit player, is there any way to fix this?

Nope.

One of many issues with GM mode on the new consoles unfortunately.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
LOL Edmonton got the #1 Overall Pick in the first 2 years in my GM Mode.

And for some reason St. Louis don't have the cap space to re-sign David Backes, so he signed with the Blackhawks in the Year 2 Free Agency.

EA actually made the game realistic now. :sarcasm:

RyWy

May 26, 2011
Michigan
Nope.

One of many issues with GM mode on the new consoles unfortunately.

It was weird though. When I was doing an Ottawa GM mode, I traded Anderson to Florida. When I played Florida, he had the Florida helmet on.

LetsGoDevils30

Jan 28, 2013
New Jersey
Started a franchise with Detroit and made a few trades, my lines look like this:
Zetty-Dats-Franzen
Gustav-Helm-Tatar
Abdelkader-Weiss-Clutterbuck
Miller-Andersson-Cleary

Kronwall-EkmanLarsson
Kindl-Ericsson
Dekyser-Smith

Howard
Mrazek

SatanwasaSlovak

Jan 18, 2013
Malmö, Skåne
Buffalo Sabres

:sabres

The Controversy After a whole summer of drafting, trading and making the team ready for the 2014/15-season, Buffalo made a move that suprised many and angered even more people. There had been a rift between the coach Ted Nolan, recently hired GM Tim Murray and owner Terry Pegula. And it was last in, first out that happened. Tim Murray got fired, only to be replaced with an old favourite, the former Buffalo Sabres-centerman, Mike Peca. Peca will be immediatly instated and beginning to take action immediatly, forming a team to turn this loser-culture around, together with Pegula's money and Nolan's coaching-ability.

The changes Peca made several changes right from the get-go. Instead of going with the team that recently had seen Brian Gionta, Josh Gorges, Torrey Mitchell, Andrej Mezaros, Andre Benoit and a return of Matt Moulson signing with the team, Peca felt like that team would only keep going to lose, the loser-culture would stink over to the youngsters, a bunch of highly touted ones.

Firstly, Chris Stewart an underachiever in Buffalo was traded together with prospect Nick Baptiste and 2015 (2nd round)-pick to Carolina for a talented forward, talent that is very much needed for some years until the prospects are ready. So in return, Buffalo got Alexander Semin and let's hope he picks up his game in Buffalo under Nolan's tutilage.

Secondly, the newly arrived defenders Andrej Mezaros and Andre Benoit didn't made the cut. So Peca traded them away, to New Jersey Devils for veteran presensce Bryce Salvador and prospect, Stefan Matteau. Matt Hackett also got traded from Buffalo since Buffalo already got two good goaltenders, in return Buffalo got Boston's second round pick from 2015.

But the biggest trade Buffalo made was that of acquiring a good center, a first-liner. Mike Richards was traded to Buffalo, together with youngster Adrian Kempe for the talented center Cody Hodgson and youngster Eric Cornel, together with two draft-picks (4th 2014, 3rd 2015).

And Colby Armstrong got signed via Free Agent aswell, completing this years roster.

All in all the team feels better, tougher to face and on pure compete they could be a threat to any team, even the top-teams like LA and Chicago.

The Team With the additions of especially Mike Richards and Alexander Semin Buffalo suddenly looks a whole lot better. The team lacks flash and flair, but there is a lot of grind in the team and with some Nolan-tactics and a lot of heart and maybe some flashiness from Ennis and Semin this team might win some games or be competitive.

The forwards is interesting, we got a whole center-line of two-way-forwards and one grinder. It will be up to Moulson to score the goals, together with Ennis on the first-line who can create space and offense. Stafford got a year to prove himself on the second-line, it's do or get traded for him, he has to help youngster Girgensons and he got Semin as support. Newly acquired Gionta is getting old, but adds experience and is still a pretty good player who together with Foligno who also has to prove himself this year and Torrey Mitchell in the middle. On the fourth-line McCormick centers Armstrong and fan-favourite Kaleta.

On the defenseman-side, Myers is starting up top with Gorges. I think that can work, they are the two best. Pysyk is made it this season in the roster and will play Mike Weber on the second-pairing. Then we got an experiment with Zadorov and Ristolainen, as the third-pairing. Let's hope the youthful enthusiasm can help them out, the potential is there.

Michal Neuvirth will be the first-goalie on the team. A czech remembers the fans from the good-old-days of Hasek. But Enroth is there to be ready and replace him.

As reserves we got Johan Larsson, Nicolas Deslaurier and Bryce Salvador ready to fill in when needed.

Matt Moulson - Mike Richards - Tyler Ennis
Alexander Semin - Zemgus Girgensons VC - Drew Stafford
Marcus Foligno - Torrey Mitchell - Brian Gionta C
Colby Armstrong - Cody McCormick - Patrick Kaleta VC

Josh Gorges - Tyler Myers
Mark Pysyk - Mike Weber
Nikita Zadorov - Rasmus Ristolainen

Michal Neuvirth
Jhonas Enroth

Reserves: Nicolas Deslauriers (LW), Johan Larsson (C), Bryce Salvador (D)​

The Expectations Is that Buffalo probably won't reach the playoffs. Terry Pegula wants 38 wins from the team and i think we can achieve that. We also got a lot of draft-picks in the first round this year and this might be a middle-year. Although, we don't want to lose every game and look like complete losers yet another season. It's time to push back, time to be competitive again and atleast be hard to play against. The pieces are falling in place and with the prospects we already have and the ones we might get, we can become a contender already next year.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Well, WOW. For the fourth straight year I met up with the Toronto Maple Leafs in the 2nd Round. This time (like the first time and before my two back-to-back cups) they got the better of the Tampa Bay Lightning in an absolute thriller of a series in (7 games). An extremely back-and-forth type series. Definitely a heart-breaker.

The Team has been winning so much in recent years we forgot what losing felt like.. The Lightning sure give props to Toronto and wish them well in the rest of the Playoffs.

For now, this will sting the Lightning for a couple months, but after that it's time to get back to work. Time to start another Cup Run!

For now, Go Bolts!

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I've traded the 1st and 2nd round picks to load up for a Cup run for Dallas. If this doesn't work, this Dallas GM is moving to Calgary. :rant:

99SvenBaertschi

Jul 2, 2014
Sasktoon, SK, Canada
Let it Begin

The Calgary Flames entered the re-sign phase with big name Mike Cammalleri to sign. The team offered him a deal worth $15 million over the course of 3 years for his services. T.J Galiardi, Chris Butler, Joe Colborne and Derek Smith were more assets signed.

Aaron Ekblad, Hayden Fleury and Julius Honka each ended up being the cream of the crop, giving the Flames three solid defense for the future. Sam Bennet and Nikolaj Ehlers each should secure spots on the roster in the next few years.

With $19 million in available cap space, the Flames were looking at a good free agent space.

In a blockbuster trade, Shmyr sent Right Winger Jiri Hudler, Centerman Mikael Backlund, and Defensmen Ladislav Smid to the Dallas Stars for future star Right Winger Valeri Nichushkin and a 6th Round pick in 2015.

Soon after, the team traded Left Wing Curtis Glencross to Detroit for LW Gustav Nyquist and a 4th Round pick in 2015.

And finally, the team sent Dennis Wideman to the Florida Panthers in return for younger defensmen Erik Gudbranson.

The team submitted offers to LW Mason Raymond, C Dominic Moore, and RW Antti Mieettinen. Shmyr also sent an offer to LW prospect Hunter Shinkurak. Not to the surprise of Calgary GM, all four offers were accepted.

Shmyr had a few words to say to the media.

"I really think we signed some good players this week, and we still have $26 million dollars left!"

The rest of the preseason would go by uneventful.

Projected 2014-15 lines _

Nyquist (84) | Monahan (84) | Nichushkin (82)
Raymond (85) | Moore (83) | Cammalleri (86)
Jones (83) | Knight (74) | Galiardi (81)
Baertschi (78) | Colborne (80) | Miettinen (81)

Giordano (87) | Ekblad (70)
Gudbranson (82) | Brodie (81)
Russell (80) | Butler (81)

Ramo (85)
Ortio (74)

Last edited:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Stars clinch the final playoff spot in the very last game of the season. Sorry, Anaheim and LA, who were right on my ass for that 8th spot.

Leon Draisaitl

German Gretzky
Jun 26, 2014
2017/18 Starting Line-Up

Drouin (89) - Seguin (90) - Kane (90)
Domi (85) - Miller (87) - Reinhart (89)
Johnson (85) - Bennett (82) - Honka (80)
Roussel (82) - Smith (83) - Santorelli (83)

Jones (84) - Ceci (86)
Johnson (87) - Hamilton (86)
Sweeney (81) - Elliott (83)

Gibson (89)
Bobkov (82)

Kucherov experiment is over as he just isn't progressing.
I still have Clarkson, he just doesn't fit on my roster.
I'm trying Honka out as a forward to see how that goes. He has pretty good offensive stats and I don't have a spot for him on defense so I decided to put him as a forward.
Sweeney is a 4R, 22 year old DFD. Drafted him in the 3rd round 2015. He has pretty bad puck skills and senses but he has a 5 star shot, physical and skating category and a solid defensive category.
I would love to get a sniper for that 2nd line, I just don't have one (I have one in the system (Tellqvist, RW SNP, 73 overall, 18Y/O, 5Y, drafted 2nd overall 2017).

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
:bolts

Year 8

Had to move Ben Bishop to make room for the Re-Signings of Drouin and my most up-and-coming Starting Goaltender.

Roster

O. Palat (85) - S. Stamkos (93, C) - J. Drouin (94)
B. Bennett (86) - V. Namestnikov (87) - N. Kucherov (89)
Y. Trenin (84) - B. Point (85) - R. Callahan (85)
T. Andres (86) - D. Strome (82) - C. Babych (81)
A. Alain (80)

V. Hedman (88, A) - Kevin Shattenkirk (89, A)
V. Radulov (85) - A. DeAngelo (86)
R. Andersson (81) - G. Bouramann (84)

T. Timpano (89) - D. Beach (81)

--

hockeyfan54543

Feb 9, 2015
Is it annoying tad in all those superstars away give example of not trading and go young asset to trade for them another example I see someone during tampa bay lighting i forgot Wat year he in I didn't read Wat it was and has the same players almost has the team still because team equally defence and of fence anyways so try trade your superstar for prospect which have them on team in the first place I'm do a gm mode the detroit redwings yet I have the players still I did trade maybe three player for sherbak and Connor McDavid I don't first rounder next 4 years because I got McDavid after the draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad