Battlefield V (2018)

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
The single player is glitchy as hell. I've had the same issue. You have to save the save file onto a usb drive. Uninstall the game. Re-install it. Complete what you are "missing" and re-load the save file. Not worth my time. You'd think they'd fix it since it's been like that since it came out.
Yeah, that's what I found out with a bit of research as well. Pretty ridiculous that this glitch has been there since the release and they haven't fixed it. Not going to bother either, maybe they'll do something about it in like 6 months.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Once I had a handful of guns for each class maxed out and the vehicles maxed out, the game feels pointless. Grinding for a skin is hard motivation.

I agree. they need to expand the scope of the game rewards/weaponry/maps/outfits drastically. I kind of want to reinstall BF1. I think my main issue is that I purchased BF1 just over a year from release so there was a lot of content and maps to play through.....so my expectations coming into BFV were high, I will just have to find something else to play until they launch some new content.

Reactions: ArchAngel55

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
needs some more maps. already have fatigued on most of them but still enjoy Rotterdam and Aerodome
Even the maps they have now are very poor quality and made with little effort in my opinion. Copy/paste a few buildings from BF1 maps and make a somewhat different terrain, that's what those maps feel like.

And some of the maps are way too sniper heavy. Like Hamada, Aerodome (1st sector mostly) and Twisted Steel. Good luck doing anything in those maps unless you have a tank or a sniper. The maps need a better balance between short and long range areas.

Sep 19, 2008
Been having an issue with the Sten or the default Medic gun. Seems to be kind of inaccurate :laugh:

That would explain my constant 0-10 rounds

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
This game has been a bit weird sonce the update. I didnt bother to go look in detail of what they did but it seems like maybe hit detection is off? Trying to hit the mastwr levels on my stg44 and it has been frustrating. Close ramge half a clip doesnt take down someone yet three shots from a pistol and i am dead or mid range i connect about 5 times but then receive 2 rounds from the base medic gun and im dead lol. Seems like its been constant the last couple days. Oh well get it done then back to sniping lol

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
When is the BR mode for this coming out?

My (cynical) guess is never.

It "disappointed" with "only" 7.3 million sales, so they may kick it to the curb.

Battlefield needs a breath of fresh air. Do something new or...heck, even just do a new 2142.

Last edited:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I have to ask, with Apex out for EA, how many people do you think will go out and buy BFV (or even though that already own it) and play it just for the BR? Also, it seems that BFV doesn't even have a roadmap.
Well they're pretty different games and I assume they appeal to different audiences. I much prefer the more realistic combat of Battlefield/PUBG to the hero shooter style of Apex so I would be excited for a Battlefield BR and I'm sure many others would too. Especially if they're able to incorporate vehicles in a way that's fun, fair, and balanced.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Well they're pretty different games and I assume they appeal to different audiences. I much prefer the more realistic combat of Battlefield/PUBG to the hero shooter style of Apex so I would be excited for a Battlefield BR and I'm sure many others would too. Especially if they're able to incorporate vehicles in a way that's fun, fair, and balanced.

But the fact that it's been months since release and they haven't even provided an update is not very promising about the BR mode for BFV.

And as said above, they sold 7.3 million copies but apparently it wasn't good enough. So I wonder how this will look over 2019.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008

I wonder if EA would see it as cannibalizing their own game in Apex....then again, EA seems to cannibalize their own games anyway (see: Titanfall), so maybe not!

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
But the fact that it's been months since release and they haven't even provided an update is not very promising about the BR mode for BFV.

And as said above, they sold 7.3 million copies but apparently it wasn't good enough. So I wonder how this will look over 2019.
Do you know if that number includes the Origin Premiere subscribers who played the game? I feel like Battlefield and Anthem, even if they weren't as popular as EA hoped/expected, did a pretty good job selling their Premiere service. It worked on my friends and me. We had quite a bit of fun with Battlefield for a month or so. I'd like to get back into it and I just remembered that they had planned a BR mode, but I haven't heard a thing about it recently. You're right, probably not a good sign.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
Do you know if that number includes the Origin Premiere subscribers who played the game? I feel like Battlefield and Anthem, even if they weren't as popular as EA hoped/expected, did a pretty good job selling their Premiere service. It worked on my friends and me. We had quite a bit of fun with Battlefield for a month or so. I'd like to get back into it and I just remembered that they had planned a BR mode, but I haven't heard a thing about it recently. You're right, probably not a good sign.

I don't think those numbers are officially released, but I would imagine you are correct.

I also used the Premier service for Anthem, which reportedly has low sales figures.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
If you've struggled with the aassignments where you have to get 20 offensive kills in one round then rush is your savior. I always had tough time with them - today I got 41 offensive kills at one round of rush at Twisted Steel.

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
Played about 10 games of Firestorm yesterday and it is very well done, when you have a full squad it is a lot of fun.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Is this game better than BF1?
Yes and no. I still prefer bf1 due to the navel aspect and better maps. But V has a bit more intense fighting and the tanks are amazing.

The new battle royale mode on V is ok but has some issues. For example i point blanked a guy 3 times with a shotgun yet he killed me with two pistol shots?

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
I played around a bit with Firestorm yesterday, it's okay. Had a kill and hid around a bit until I got shot behind a rock.

Salvage21

Jan 11, 2009
The Poconos, PA
Anyone PC players looking to squad up in BFV? Been out of PC gaming for quite a bit.. God, how I missed it. Playing Battlefield on the consoles just isn't the same. I've been completely consumed by BFV. I think it has some of the best moment to moment gunplay I've ever experienced in a FPS. It's a little light on content right now in terms of maps (9). But they'll be adding one more in at the end of May with more to follow in the next several months.

origin ID : REchris96

Sep 19, 2008
Anyone PC players looking to squad up in BFV? Been out of PC gaming for quite a bit.. God, how I missed it. Playing Battlefield on the consoles just isn't the same. I've been completely consumed by BFV. I think it has some of the best moment to moment gunplay I've ever experienced in a FPS. It's a little light on content right now in terms of maps (9). But they'll be adding one more in at the end of May with more to follow in the next several months.

origin ID : REchris96
i'll do it when i get home later tonight

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Is this game worth buying for $24? I haven't been huge on shooters lately but have enjoyed pretty much every Battlefield game to date.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad