Hamada
Mercury
Narvik

Maps I tend to skip

Fjell 652
Marita

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I may buy this. I love what EA has been doing with Star Wars recently. Big battles+fantastic graphics? Sign me up.

I assume everyone is in agreement that Battlefield V is getting better and better.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I may buy this. I love what EA has been doing with Star Wars recently. Big battles+fantastic graphics? Sign me up.

I assume everyone is in agreement that Battlefield V is getting better and better.

Its really good.

I would highly recommend it as what you get with the game in terms of maps/weapons/vehicles, destructible environment, quality of play etc far exceeds the monetary value that you will pay.

Salvage21

Jan 11, 2009
The Poconos, PA
I only play conquest and a bit of breakthrough myself personally:

Maps I play the most:

Panzerstrom
Al Sundan
Arras
Twisted Steel
Devastation
Aerodrome
Rotterdam

Maps I dont mind

Hamada
Mercury
Narvik

Maps I tend to skip

Fjell 652
Marita

I’m also mainly a conquest player.. but I also gravitate towards squad conquest. It can get pretty intense. Otherwise, I lean Mostly towards the same maps:

Arras. Twisted steel. Devastation. Mercury. Navik.

everything else I like fine depending on my mood and how well my squad plays.

some maps like hamada and especially aerodrome could use some reworking to make them excellent maps in my opinion.

haven’t played the latest three maps to make judgement.

Sep 19, 2008
Conquest is a PITA with how large the maps are. Seeing smaller venues which get unlocked later, like Breakthrough, is my new interest now. Everyone just swarming B during the 2nd stage of Operation Underground, trying to get to the overlook, that's good fun

Salvage21

Jan 11, 2009
The Poconos, PA
Conquest is a PITA with how large the maps are. Seeing smaller venues which get unlocked later, like Breakthrough, is my new interest now. Everyone just swarming B during the 2nd stage of Operation Underground, trying to get to the overlook, that's good fun

i feel ya- that’s why I lean on squad conquest when I’m looking for something a little more focused and competitive. My problem with game modes like breakthrough is that there are too many players on each team. It feels like it takes too long to make any progress and that no one individual is making any kind of meaningful difference. Rush mitigated my complaints a bit, but it’s limited time only.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB

Indeed it's great fun. Finally had some time last night to give it a go. Have to say that I missed those crazy infantry maps were everyone is piled up and just giviner shit to take an objective

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Ps4 name is Tsm_noobix if anyone wants to squad up. My account got hacked last year and they want me to pay to change my user name :@

Salvage21

Jan 11, 2009
The Poconos, PA
Pc player here. REchris96

Just got it. What's the best multiplayer mode? I like huge chaotic battles.

Battlefield is Renown for it’s wide open 32v32 conquest game mode. Capture and hold strategic points on map. Destructible environments. Vehicles. Squad focused gameplay. It’s a beautiful thing.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Pc player here. REchris96

Battlefield is Renown for it’s wide open 32v32 conquest game mode. Capture and hold strategic points on map. Destructible environments. Vehicles. Squad focused gameplay. It’s a beautiful thing.
Word. I've played battlefield 4. Is that one set inWW1? Regardless, I used to rock conquest all the time. I wasnt sure if they had a new game mode.

My wife just had a kid, and I have a month of paid family leave, so I'm going to be rocking this game a lot.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I actually got the game when I bought my graphics card, so I got it for free. Finally installed it. Going to try it. Is it better in terms of being able to jump in and play compared to BF1? Honestly, I really was not a fan of the feel of BF1, but I loved BF2, BC2, BF3 and BF4.

Sep 19, 2008
Word. I've played battlefield 4. Is that one set inWW1? Regardless, I used to rock conquest all the time. I wasnt sure if they had a new game mode.

My wife just had a kid, and I have a month of paid family leave, so I'm going to be rocking this game a lot.
4 was set in China

1 was set in ww1

Reactions: Dubi Doo

Salvage21

Jan 11, 2009
The Poconos, PA
I actually got the game when I bought my graphics card, so I got it for free. Finally installed it. Going to try it. Is it better in terms of being able to jump in and play compared to BF1? Honestly, I really was not a fan of the feel of BF1, but I loved BF2, BC2, BF3 and BF4.

It's hard to say.. I think if you've played the past BF game and then immediate go into BFV, you'll notice that they've increased the movement spend significantly. It's almost to the point that i'm so use to it now that when I switch back, the older games feel.. slow. But to me, movement is a highlight of BFV. The core mechanics haven't changed much.. but they've added things like being able to build your own cover and being able to revive your squamates regardless of your class. All good stuff.

Reactions: Roman Fell

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I'm trying to like this game but there's a lot of camping. Not a fan of that at all. It is beautiful tho. Damn

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I'm trying to like this game but there's a lot of camping. Not a fan of that at all. It is beautiful tho. Damn

Which mode?

Camping/defending is pretty relevant to certain game modes. In breakthrough the defenders will find the most advantageous spot to halt your advance to flag capturing. It makes more sense to be in a position of superior firepower to dwindle down the other teams ticker. Conquest usually a few players will stay behind to try to defend captured objectives. I would say this is probably the least campiest bf I have played so far but its definitely not like COD where people just run around wildly

I haven't played the team deathmatch so I'm unsure of how players play in that mode.

Reactions: Roman Fell

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Which mode?

Camping/defending is pretty relevant to certain game modes. In breakthrough the defenders will find the most advantageous spot to halt your advance to flag capturing. It makes more sense to be in a position of superior firepower to dwindle down the other teams ticker. Conquest usually a few players will stay behind to try to defend captured objectives. I would say this is probably the least campiest bf I have played so far but its definitely not like COD where people just run around wildly

I haven't played the team deathmatch so I'm unsure of how players play in that mode.
I'm starting to enjoy the game more. I'm terrible at it, tho. What guns do you all prefer for each class? I'm using assault right now.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Is the EA server breaking down a common issue? Mine is down, so I checked online to see if anyone else was having the issue, and plenty of people are. I then noticed this seems to happen about once a week, though I dont know the severity. They've been down for about 2 hours so far.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Is the EA server breaking down a common issue? Mine is down, so I checked online to see if anyone else was having the issue, and plenty of people are. I then noticed this seems to happen about once a week, though I dont know the severity. They've been down for about 2 hours so far.

Hasn't really been an issue since I bought the game. (I never buy big titles till at least 4-5 months + after release). But today's I think is significant. Hopefully it's up and running tonight.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I'm starting to enjoy the game more. I'm terrible at it, tho. What guns do you all prefer for each class? I'm using assault right now.

Alot depends on the map and what role you want to play for your team or on the battlefield. Large maps with lots of vehicles I usually run an assualt class with a scoped semi-auto rifle like the gewehr 43 and then c4 and a anti tank RPG. Gives you a decent range of accurate fire on open maps where there isn't a ton of close quarter fighting. I use the other stuff to take down tanks/vehicles.

Close quarter maps like the subway one for assualt class I run a shotgun (support class) or the stg44. The nice thing about the stg44 is it can go from full auto for those close combat situations and then you can switch it to semi auto for more controlled shots.

On the engineer/support class I use the Bren gun and not much else.

Sniper class the zh-29 is a work horse. Guaranteed 2 shot kills and it cYcles very fast with little kick.

Medic I have just been using whatever. Not a huge fan of the smgs

Last edited:

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Frustrated at this game because I truly suck. I rarely ever play first person shooters. That, plus the fact I dont know the maps well, and I just get murdered all the time. Most of the time I dont even see it coming. It sucks, because the game itself seems cool, but the learning curve for someone like me may turn me off from it completely.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Frustrated at this game because I truly suck. I rarely ever play first person shooters. That, plus the fact I dont know the maps well, and I just get murdered all the time. Most of the time I dont even see it coming. It sucks, because the game itself seems cool, but the learning curve for someone like me may turn me off from it completely.

Play medic and be the support guy while you learn the maps. It's fun!

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I'm getting better. I usually finish in the top-20 now! How do people finish with a k/d of 10-1? Shits crazy.

Also, any advice on how to escape other pilots? Do I need to upgrade my plane before I have a chance? Seems I get shot down every time someone gets behind me. I use the third unlockable plane, which is pretty quick and maneuverable. I'd love to use the bomber, but it's just too damn slow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad