Battlefield V (2018)

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I really can't tell if this is a bad Battlefield or I'm just losing patience and interest in online multiplayer shooters, as I am now apparently a cranky old man.

Perhaps a little of column A, little of column B?

Either way, my interest in this game died a terrible, terrible death very quickly.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I really can't tell if this is a bad Battlefield or I'm just losing patience and interest in online multiplayer shooters, as I am now apparently a cranky old man.

Perhaps a little of column A, little of column B?

Either way, my interest in this game died a terrible, terrible death very quickly.

I lost interest in BF1 after 3 months. Played Bad Company 2 for a long time and jumped in with Battlefield 4 after Dice LA saved it. Dice Stockholm is pretty much dead to me.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I lost interest in BF1 after 3 months. Played Bad Company 2 for a long time and jumped in with Battlefield 4 after Dice LA saved it. Dice Stockholm is pretty much dead to me.

BF4 was much better off the bat than BF1 was. When it was fixed up, BF4 was really goddamn good. But yeah, I think the pinnacle of BF (with how it is in its current form) is BC2. Before that was BF2.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008

I think I lasted maybe a month in BF1, although I hear it's a lot better now.

BC2 was great. One of, if not the best Battlefield(s) to date. I played the absolute crap out of BC2 and BF3.

I was a day one player on BF4. It was pretty bad from a technical standpoint until DICE LA got their hands on it, and pretty good after. Maps in BF4 were still...lacking. Best maps in the game were remasters of maps from previous Battlefields, but that's an ongoing trend these days. Didn't help you needed to buy the premium pass to get them, either...

Reactions: Turin

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Bad Company 2 was one of the best shooter games ever IMO. The first one had a better single player but thr multiplayer in 2 was great. Get the NS2000 with slugs and snipe people with a shotgun. So great.

Reactions: Turin

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Did the singleplayer challenges to get Solveig's knife for multiplayer. The challenges were so dumb, basically just forces you to do the same missions over and over again since most of the challenges would be pretty difficult to do on one run. Well, at least now everyone in multiplayer will know how cool of a guy I am for having that knife.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I think I lasted maybe a month in BF1, although I hear it's a lot better now.

BC2 was great. One of, if not the best Battlefield(s) to date. I played the absolute crap out of BC2 and BF3.

I was a day one player on BF4. It was pretty bad from a technical standpoint until DICE LA got their hands on it, and pretty good after. Maps in BF4 were still...lacking. Best maps in the game were remasters of maps from previous Battlefields, but that's an ongoing trend these days. Didn't help you needed to buy the premium pass to get them, either...

Agreed. Bad Company 2 is still their best since Battlefield 2 IMO. I wax nostalgically about that game every year because I have yet to play a shooter that was more fun.

Bad Company 2 was one of the best shooter games ever IMO. The first one had a better single player but thr multiplayer in 2 was great. Get the NS2000 with slugs and snipe people with a shotgun. So great.

You could snipe with any shotgun and slugs, it was beautiful. I got so many marksman headshots with the M1911 too, snipe somebody and finish them off with a pistol from across map.

Reactions: Lancer

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Worth the upgrade from BF1? just noticed it was onsale at Bestbuy for 39.99cdn. not sure if it still is or if it was only for boxing day but was heading there today

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Yes, 100%. I find it's so much better than BF1 in almost every way.
I dunno. Have been playing it the past couple days and it doesnt feel as robust or as fun as BF1. The maps kind of suck but for 29.99 at walmart i cant complain too much ha. Hopefully it gets better with updates

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
After playing it a bit more i am liking it more and more. Only thing that really sucks is having to close it down and restart the game when i play conquest. I would say 15% of the time it will csrry over to the next map but the rest of the time it just freezes on a loading screen for the map you just played. So frustrating.

funruiner

Dec 20, 2018
Ontario
I had the same issues, but I found that it stopped doing it about a patch ago. Make sure your drivers are all up to date, too.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Way better than BF1 & i'm impressed how much they improved over it in the following areas:
Much Faster map loading.
Longer matches, no more of those 5 minute BF1 maps that end just as its getting started.
No more gas grenades.
Machine Guns feel more lethal than the BB guns they were in BF1.
No longer takes a year for the game to go back to main menu after quitting a match, i don't have to F4 & restart the game.
Planes are less annoying in this game.
Customization feels better in this game.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
So I just spent a few hours doing the challenges and finding the letters on Under no Flag. But then in the menu it says that I've still got one letter to go. So I jump back to that act, but when I'm actually in game it says that I do have all the letters...

Just in case I check all the locations and to no one's surprised, not letters were found. No Cricket bat on my armory either.

I hate this f***ing game.

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa
So I just spent a few hours doing the challenges and finding the letters on Under no Flag. But then in the menu it says that I've still got one letter to go. So I jump back to that act, but when I'm actually in game it says that I do have all the letters...

Just in case I check all the locations and to no one's surprised, not letters were found. No Cricket bat on my armory either.

I hate this ****ing game.
The single player is glitchy as hell. I've had the same issue. You have to save the save file onto a usb drive. Uninstall the game. Re-install it. Complete what you are "missing" and re-load the save file. Not worth my time. You'd think they'd fix it since it's been like that since it came out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad